420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Schnookie

Schnookie

Well here I go! I was a little busy the past week but got photos each day to document.

I'll edit this to be more formal in a little bit.

04/07
20210407_175305.jpg

20210407_183846.jpg

04/09
20210409_161649.jpg

4/10
IMG_20210410_211056.jpg

4/11
20210411_141219.jpg

Oops. I didn't get back in time to edit.

What strain is it? Girl Scout Cookies - feminized from @Weed Seeds Express
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 80% Indica / 20% Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? The very beginning
If in Veg... For how long? 18/6 indoors
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space? 32inx32inx60ish-in
Soil or Hydro? Soil mix
If soil... what is in your mix? ~50%coco, 30% "Premium" All purpose potting soil, 20% perlite This has been recycled although I just added some FF Happy Frog mix as well
If soil... What size pot? Will be going into 3 and 5 gallon
Size of light? multi - 24" veg tent w/ @Mars Hydro TS600, 32" Flower tent variable ballast (250w hps), 240W LED
Is it aircooled? not enough
Temp of Room/cab? lights on ~80, out ~74
RH of Room/cab? veg 60+% flower 30-40%
PH of media or res? never measured
Any Pests? none (knock on wood!)
How often are you watering? when they want it

Oops. I didn't get back in time to edit.

What strain is it? Girl Scout Cookies - feminized from @Weed Seeds Express
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 80% Indica / 20% Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? The very beginning
If in Veg... For how long? 18/6 indoors
Indoor or outdoor? indoor
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space? 32inx32inx60ish-in
Soil or Hydro? Soil mix
If soil... what is in your mix? ~50%coco, 30% "Premium" All purpose potting soil, 20% perlite This has been recycled although I just added some FF Happy Frog mix as well
If soil... What size pot? Will be going into 3 and 5 gallon
Size of light? multi - 24" veg tent w/ @Mars Hydro TS600, 32" Flower tent variable ballast (250w hps), 240W LED
Is it aircooled? not enough
Temp of Room/cab? lights on ~80, out ~74
RH of Room/cab? veg 60+% flower 30-40%
PH of media or res? never measured
Any Pests? none (knock on wood!)
How often are you watering? when they want it
Type and strength of ferts used? MegaCrop + supplements
Good question! Check out the table below :thumb:

Specifications Girl Scout Cookies feminized seeds​

THC level23%
CBD level0.7%
Variety80% Indica / 20% Sativa
GeneticsOG Kush x Durban Poison
Max yield indoor450 to 500 grams/m2
Max yield outdoor550 to 650 grams/m2
Height indoor80 to 100 cm
Height outdoor150 to 190 cm
Flowering time49 to 63 days
Fungal ResistanceHigh
GrowersprofileBeginner
CultivationIndoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse
ClimatePolar, Temperate, Mediterranean, Arid, Tropical, Mountains
FlavorsChocolate, Earthy, Fruity, Lemon, Spicy, Sweet, Pepper, Woody
EffectsCalming, Creative, Euphoric, Happy, Relaxed, Sleepy, Social, Uplifting
SOG suitableyes
SCROG suitableyes

Things are moving smoothly along now...getting in the groove.

I up potted the Zamdelica clones so they don't start complaining, and the GSC babies still have a week or two more before needing to up-pot. They're on the 3rd set of leaves now...

Veg week One (1) + 7 days above soil today!

20210416_112310.jpg

I'll probably be emptying all the other plants out of the tent when they get up-potted too, or before, since the weather is nice enough for them all to be put outside soon.

I noticed this the other day but it's becoming more obvious now. The plant growing best now is in a bigger pot. Maybe 50% bigger. That plant is taller with larger leaves. That seed, however, started out faster, with a longer, straight root that I gave extra space for when planting. Check the first picture in the journal and you can see which seed I'm referring to, the lighter one in the middle. The other two are close enough right now and from their start that they're equal. They are in the same size pot though.

Anyway, food for thought. I guess I'll start ironing out the other variable, which might be two plants getting @GeoFlora Nutrients solely while the other gets my regular random tests (megacrop at slightly less than the recommended dose with their other supplements added randomly).

20210416_212459.jpg

Starting to do some tent maintenance with the other plants to make room for these girls to take off! We're at 12 days above soil now... Doing pretty well. The one that's been the biggest from the beginning still continues, and is taller now as well. Otherwise just watching paint dry right now.

20210421_192437.jpg

The one on the left certainly isn't hanging about. Nice.
They're all still in tiny pots, but the one on the left (I think I gave her #3) is in a pot 2x the size of the others. It's obvious the initial pot size makes a difference, eh? That seed however, also was a little different than the other two, with a straight root when I put it in the soil, whereas the other two had curly roots. Does it mean anything? IDK.

We are now at 16 days above soil. I could/should top these girls now and start the #quad, but I'm hesitating, waiting for confirmation from @GeoFlora Nutrients on shipping so I can decide when they'll get up potted. They're definitely running out of space in their current pots. They're already pushing out the 7th node so topping now would be great timing. @Weed Seeds Express, I'm getting a pretty nice single phenotype here it looks like for all 3.

20210425_184311.jpg
20210425_184347.jpg
20210425_184223.jpg

So I went the other direction first and took off the bottom two nodes of the girls in preparation for the #quad and up putting this weekend into the 1 gallon pots. They're ready to top already and have a thick stem too so they'll be trained for at least a month to stay low. I will note that they are almost all the same height and growth. The tallest is only about 1/2 cm taller than the other two so that close enough. Once they are all in equal size pots the gloves are off and it's a nutrient comparo!

20210428_201830.jpg
20210428_201821.jpg
20210428_201809.jpg

And I have to thank our other generous sponsors @Sierra Natural Science, @GeoFlora Nutrients, and @Prescription Blend for providing me the opportunity to use their products and show what they can do.

Christmas in April!!
20210428_190140.jpg

20210428_185922.jpg

20210428_190011.jpg

Above the pipettes came from @Prescription Blend but forgot in their picture but I think they'll be totally useful for @Sierra Natural Science as well. Thanks!

Both of other two plants will begin the up potting with the products provided by our sponsors and going forward I will be adding sns209 as a preventative. I haven't settled on if I will be using 3 or 5 gallon pots for the final pot yet. This will be an exciting challenge!

Back
Top Bottom