420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Schnookie

I up potted these three girls last night. Will likely change the positions in the tent soon as well. My praying mantis eggs popped open too and luckily I was there in time before they started cannibalistic activities. I'll get a photo when I can find them. I put most of them outside on my porch garden but there are at least two in here. I put 4 in but I only saw 2 today.

20210501_143320.jpg

20210501_143327.jpg

20210501_143334.jpg

As you can see, #1 is about 3/4" take then the other two. This was the one in the taller original pot. I fully expect them to be fairly equal in size if the nutrients do their jobs.

20210501_143250.jpg

I've decided to not advertise which pot is receiving which nutrients. This way if I see something not working as expected, I can ask and see what all 3 vendors respond with for assistance.

Here we go! I'll give them a couple days in their new pots and then top them down to the 4th node. I could probably use the topped parts and make clones too. They will likely be in these pots for less than 3 weeks but I may need to just keep them short and stunted a week or two beyond that so there's room in the flower tent for them.

And the little girls became #quads.

05/08
20210508_204604.jpg

#3 on top, #1 below
20210510_154131.jpg

20210510_154157.jpg

They're unhappy with the living conditions, but it can't be helped just yet. I want another week before up potting them into 3 gallon pots. They've been in the 1 gallon ones now for only 10 days. I'm thinking they look like they need some calcium. I'll mix up their next nutes with some Epsom salts and calcium carbonate. They each also get silicon from diatomaceous earth in the water.

So this happened the other day...

20210508_102335.jpg
I had thoughts of keeping these tops to make clones, but realized that would also set me back another 2 months waiting for these to finish growing. My original intention was to end my grows this summer by the hottest point to save some AC $ (august) and take a few months off. By taking clones I would be pushing my grow until october (since I don't grow small plants on purpose) and I want to have more time off this year from growing. These beauties will be my last grow this season until my late fall/winter grow begins...so I grow them huge for max harvest weight!

Unfortunately I was careless when moving #3 and bumped her into the light, snapping off one of her tops. :(

She'll live. Thrive, in fact. Her nutrients appear to be doing best right now. I will add a higher dose of the others next watering which will be in a few days. They all got a cup of nutes yesterday with the recommended dose.
20210514_184134.jpg

Veg day 40

Girls will be getting drenched in the morning as I will be going out of town for a few days and they're ready for a drink too. Either the nutes are doing different things, I'm not applying the correct level for each of their age and size, or something else. Since they are in 1 gallon pots still they are getting stunted too. When I get back I'm putting the others in the flower tent and these three will get up potted to 5 gallon ones for a few more weeks in here.

20210519_211044.jpg

20210519_210942.jpg

#2 on top, #3 bottom
20210519_210926.jpg

I think the #2 and #1 nutrients will be increased slightly.

So I cleared out the big girls from the tent and these 3 are just sharing with a few little orchids for the time being. Big tent is full now for at least a month so I have to focus here on shapeshifting and some serious branch management for height minimization. Still only have a 24" box to work with here so these 3 are gonna get some thick stems! They'll probably get up potted even later than I originally planned, but this is an experiment so...

20210525_201904.jpg
20210525_201825.jpg

One day over 7 weeks old from soil pop today. You can see they're stressed in the 1 gallon pots. I'm going to have to put them in the 5 gallons this weekend even though they will become a jungle in here without anywhere to go next until the big tent is harvested.

20210529_155003.jpg

So stressed in fact that it appears #2&3 are ready to flower. I can't let this happen yet. @Weed Seeds Express these aren't auto's, right??

20210529_154416.jpg

20210529_154341.jpg

20210529_154403.jpg

So as you can see, I left them in their gallon pots about a week too long at least which also made me misdiagnose the cal mag deficiency. Lost a few leaves after up potting from what I thought was over watering but may have been due to using calcium carbonate instead of calcium sulfate which raised my already high pH water even further. I let them get drier and then added 1 cup of water with half nutrients with some gypsum and it's already improved in a day so I'll repeat tomorrow.

Edit: I also noticed when I was up potting them that the roots were not all nice and white and thick but it was a thick mass. I do think the long time in the small pots damaged them much beyond what I had intended. Note to self.
20210607_205035.jpg

Once the yellowing has stopped and the leaves return to a better uniform green I will snip their tops. I expect them to be in here another 2-3 weeks at least so I need to keep them short. I might be able to flip the lights here a week before moving to the big tent to speed things up so I'll have to keep a close eye on the humongous Chem Beyond Diesel in the big tent (see my other current journal below)

Less than a week later and their new pots are filling in nicely underground I think. They got soil activator early and dynomico at the up pot so I guess these things took a little bit to take effect and help. These are looking much betternow but still modifying the feeding schedule. These girls are pigs!! They were moved around a bit from the last photo.

20210612_213331.jpg

20210612_213347.jpg

I keep forgetting to add the date of life on these girls.

Today they are at 65 days above soil. What's that...just over nine weeks! They obviously are struggling with this age, as they 're all shooting pistils out and ready to bloom. I don't have any room yet in the big tent, and I don't see any need to speed this up. I expect in less than 2 weeks I'll get my big huge CBD out of the big tent and this journal will move to flower stage.

20210614_185249.jpg

I keep forgetting to add the date of life on these girls.

Today they are at 65 days above soil. What's that...just over nine weeks! They obviously are struggling with this age, as they 're all shooting pistils out and ready to bloom. I don't have any room yet in the big tent, and I don't see any need to speed this up. I expect in less than 2 weeks I'll get my big huge CBD out of the big tent and this journal will move to flower stage.

Couldn't you just switch the lights in the tent that they're currently in to a flowering cycle until your other tent is ready?

Back
Top Bottom