420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By VetSmoke85

Omg, Vet were you there? Did you live that?
Yup! For weeks after I got back I'd wake in the night and start panicking because I couldn't find my helmet and body armour at my side.

I was 22 with an 8 month old daughter when I deployed on that tour.

How long is a tour.
Mine ranged between 2 and 6 months. Spent a total of just under 2 years deployed.
Are you medicated?
I have been prescribed propranolol to take if I have an attack. So far only used it twice. Gives me a bad stomach and I prefer to just learn to cope with an attack naturally through breathing etc.

The laughs are brilliant. I usually have a moment where I'll laugh so hard I cry with joy. One of our expeditions we found ourselves sat around a portable barbecue staring at a boiling pan of water, and ended up in stitches at how ridiculous we must've looked to the other nearby campers. We didn't have a gas stove so improvised :laugh:

This scares me a little. When I laugh so hard that I cry, I actually get really sad. I think it's due to my anxiety. Being out of control is scary.

I really miss being around people just having fun. :green_heart:
Bill

:hug: I miss hanging out with people having fun, too. We're going to a BBQ this weekend so that should help a little. I hope gatherings happen for you soon.

Mine ranged between 2 and 6 months. Spent a total of just under 2 years deployed.

I have been prescribed propranolol to take if I have an attack. So far only used it twice. Gives me a bad stomach and I prefer to just learn to cope with an attack naturally through breathing etc.
Do you get a pension for the rest of you life for that? As compensation?

That’s an ancient beta blocker isn’t it? I need to google. I would have thought there are better choices of meds to have as back up.

Anxiety can be managed without meds. I truly believe that. I do think it is comforting to know you have back up in your drawer just in case it gets too hard. Coz I’m not going to lie, I can’t even begin to get my head around reconciling the tragedy of war. You can never unsee what you’ve seen.

I'm sorry that your tours of service have caused you to have anxiety issues, Vet. I can't even imagine the life you were living. I've never even seen a gun in real life other than rifles at WalMart. I've found cannabis to be quite helpful for anxiety. :hug:

I'm sorry that your tours of service have caused you to have anxiety issues, Vet. I can't even imagine the life you were living. I've never even seen a gun in real life other than rifles at WalMart. I've found cannabis to be quite helpful for anxiety. :hug:
I'm finding some strains at the right dose can help and others trigger it. Still finding what works best. Mixing in some CBD helps. The OG Kush I have seems to agree with me most ofbthe time so I'm really looking forward to trying this GSC.

This scares me a little. When I laugh so hard that I cry, I actually get really sad. I think it's due to my anxiety. Being out of control is scary.
I literally cry laugh at least once a week and I’m not even joking, and it’s usually at work. The meds room is just HILARIOUS. I have even been known to laugh so hard I snot dribble.

Last time was Sunday. We have a new bladder scanner machine and it totally looks like a sex toy and it even kind of vibrates. Sooooo funny. OMG so funny. I’m literally in bed lolling just thinking about it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Sorry. No I don't. I only served 12 years so I get a measly pension for it at 60 or 65.
That is so disgusting to me.

We don’t look after ex service.

OMG I need to drive your thread back on topic!

So how you finding that sponsored grow light, Vet?

But hey I met Princess Anne out in Afghan, and after chatting she looked me up and down and said 'hmmmm, yes, very attractive man'. I've been royally approved :rofl:
I’d be putting that STRAIGHT in my resume!

She is the hard working royal aye?

That is so disgusting to me.

We don’t look after ex service.

OMG I need to drive your thread back on topic!

So how you finding that sponsored grow light, Vet?
The @Mars Hydro TS600 I'm using here is a fantastic little light. I don't think you could find anything better for less money. If you're on a tight budget and setting up a 2x2 you can't go wrong with one of these.

Yup! For weeks after I got back I'd wake in the night and start panicking because I couldn't find my helmet and body armour at my side.

I was 22 with an 8 month old daughter when I deployed on that tour.
Oh my heart. I don’t even know what to say.

That is so awful. I just can’t even get my head around it you know? You were young, such a young young boy. I think back to when I was 22 and tbh I was well fucking wild.

If you could, what would you tell your 22 year old self before you left for that first tour?

OMG I’ve turned your thread into a fucking Oprah episode!

The @Mars Hydro TS600 I'm using here is a fantastic little light. I don't think you could find anything better for less money. If you're on a tight budget and setting up a 2x2 you can't go wrong with one of these.
Sorry I went back off topic. Should we stop talking about it?

I have a Mars Hydro light too! I’ve had it over a year and it hasn’t missed a beat. I got a light tent package on eBay.

Usually pretty dry heat. Humid heat is the worst. Don't really have many good memories of my time in Iraq. It was a tough tour for me for various reasons. I spent pretty much all of my time on the coalition base but at the end of most days the locally employed civilians would literally be running out the gates just before we'd start getting hammered with rockets. It was a good combat indicator :laugh: We were close to pulling out at that time so weren't doing kinetic ops or firing back at launch sites so they pretty much used us like a dartboard on a daily basis. My first night a Sgt was killed by a rocket about 50m from where I was and a rocket hit the roof of my vehicle I'd parked 10m away about 5 minutes earlier. Indirect fire messes with your head. You need to be lucky each time, they only need to be lucky once. We got hit with 53 one night. Amazing nobody was killed that night. Pretty sure it was that place that caused my anxiety issues that have only recently surfaced. I'm blabbing on but I've learnt it's good to talk about our experiences. The noise of a phalanx gun still sends shivers down my spine. Check YouTube for 'rocket attack Basra cob'.

Afghanistan was much better. Really crap at times but a great laugh too. I did 4 tours there. I will have to start an off topic thread for some funny stories and images :laugh:
Much respect Vet. :love:
Bill

Oh my heart. I don’t even know what to say.

That is so awful. I just can’t even get my head around it you know? You were young, such a young young boy. I think back to when I was 22 and tbh I was well fucking wild.

If you could, what would you tell your 22 year old self before you left for that first tour?

OMG I’ve turned your thread into a fucking Oprah episode!
That was actually my 3rd deployment. I'd already done 2 short tours in Afghanistan before that one. I guess I'd tell myself it's okay to be afraid, everyone else is too. Also to speak with someone properly when I got back and be open and honest.

It's okay. But yeah we best keep it on topic now. :laugh:

Day 121 - Flower Day 73

She's still going. I predict she will have 0 fan leaves come harvest time. Winner.
Still quite a lot of white pistils, which my plants seem to enjoy pumping out long after they should've stopped. Wonder if it's to do with how close I usually have them to the light? :hmmmm:Trichomes look really close to being spot on though. Almost all cloudy with a few ambers coming through.
VetSmoke85, Looking ready for chop anytime, nice. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom