420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By VetSmoke85

Cheers dude. I'm thinking when I get back from camping on Monday I'll give her some time in the dark. Is 36 hours standard? Then chop, chop, chop.
36 hours is what I've heard as well. I've also heard the jury is out on whether it makes any difference. Don't know of any side by side tests. But can't hurt. :cool:

36 hours is what I've heard as well. I've also heard the jury is out on whether it makes any difference. Don't know of any side by side tests. But can't hurt. :cool:
Yeah I've read a few different opinions on it. I read one article that basically said all it does is move sugars which happens after a couple of hours. I think. Ha ha. I'll give it a go anyway.

Cheers dude. I'm thinking when I get back from camping on Monday I'll give her some time in the dark. Is 36 hours standard? Then chop, chop, chop.
I’ve done 24 hours dark pre-chop my last few grows based on threads here, thinking the plants will start to…blow up trichomes, exhale N or what? I do see big growth spurts overnight up through stretch. But, I decided I’m missing one more day of intense light building protective trichomes. This grow will be chop in full daylight when the scope shots say yes. Outdoor grows going back into history chop when growers can see what they are doing…in full sun. Without a clone based statistical study with full testing can the pre chop dark period be proven as fact for improved bud quality. Have a great time camping, I think the Persid meteor shower should be amazing around the campfire.

I'm finding some strains at the right dose can help and others trigger it. Still finding what works best. Mixing in some CBD helps. The OG Kush I have seems to agree with me most ofbthe time so I'm really looking forward to trying this GSC.
Not sure if you’ve tried this yet…If you can get your hands on CBG, it does a great job of mellowing most sativa highs before they cause you problems. Just mixing in a bit of flower or using isolate on your flower will make a noticeable difference. Also great for sleep and other anxiety.

And yes I do 24-48 hours of dark. @Emilya explains it well and it does help a bit.

Hmmm what is this 24-36 hour business you speak of? I’ve never tried it. I might try it this grow.

And what about flushing? Do you guys flush?

(omg I don’t mean the toilet, I mean when you are at the end of flower and you only give them water. My nutes dude said it’s a must. He also said I needed a zillion products I didn’t in fact need so I really wouldn’t trust him as far as I could spit)

Hmmm what is this 24-36 hour business you speak of? I’ve never tried it. I might try it this grow.

And what about flushing? Do you guys flush?

(omg I don’t mean the toilet, I mean when you are at the end of flower and you only give them water. My nutes dude said it’s a must. He also said I needed a zillion products I didn’t in fact need so I really wouldn’t trust him as far as I could spit)
Supposed to give a boost on trichome development. I don't flush but give water only for the last week or two. Just let the plant use up what's in the soil and leaves.

Not sure if you’ve tried this yet…If you can get your hands on CBG, it does a great job of mellowing most sativa highs before they cause you problems.
@Weed Seeds Express has a CBG strain called Citrus Nectar CBG. They have it in fem and auto versions.

Looking great Vet. I've left plants in the dark before and don't think that it's overly beneficial. I'd rather have the couple extra days of light. Another problem I would have in my environment is that the humidity is higher at lights out so I would be increasing the risk of mould right at the end. I don't know if that would be the same for you but it would be worth checking.
Hope you've been enjoying the weather.
:passitleft:

@Weed Seeds Express has a CBG strain called Citrus Nectar CBG. They have it in fem and auto versions.

Looking great Vet. I've left plants in the dark before and don't think that it's overly beneficial. I'd rather have the couple extra days of light. Another problem I would have in my environment is that the humidity is higher at lights out so I would be increasing the risk of mould right at the end. I don't know if that would be the same for you but it would be worth checking.
Hope you've been enjoying the weather.
:passitleft:
Yeah I've seen that one. Need to actually look into CBG and it's benefits.

Humidity shouldn't be a major issue but it's a good point worth considering. My lights go off at 08:30 so I may just unplug it on the day of chop once they go out, and then harvest in the evening. They'll get 12-14 hours in the dark then. I usually try and time the watering so it's bone dry on harvest day.

Sometimes the RH goes up to 99% during the dark period. I wouldn't want my plants sat in that for 2 days :nervous-guy:
I just pull mine from the tent and put them in a dark corner in a room with low humidity. Pitch black darkness isn't required, just out of the intense light.
The idea is the trichomes protect the buds in full light, but also aren't at peak terp production during that time. The longer they remain out of the high intensity light, the more terps should be present when you chop and dry.

Supposed to give a boost on trichome development. I don't flush but give water only for the last week or two. Just let the plant use up what's in the soil and leaves.
Well I’m always up for trying new things. I’m known as the Princess of Adventure, and when I say I’m up for trying new things I actually mean I’m totally not up for trying new things and I’m known as the Queen of Boring. But given the small amount of effort on my part to achieve 36 hours of dark/not adding nutes to water, I’ll will try this technique this grow :)

I just pull mine from the tent and put them in a dark corner in a room with low humidity. Pitch black darkness isn't required, just out of the intense light.
The idea is the trichomes protect the buds in full light, but also aren't at peak terp production during that time. The longer they remain out of the high intensity light, the more terps should be present when you chop and dry.
I’m going to try this :)

Day 123 - Flower Day 76

A handful more of yellow and dead leaves gone today. She really is trying to make harvest easy for me. Next update will probably be on Monday when I get back. I may even harvest then.
20210722_215741.jpg
20210722_215801.jpg
IMG_20210722_214452_DRO.jpg
IMG_20210722_214502_DRO.jpg
20210722_215703.jpg

Vet that right there could be plant of the month.

What a great result for the sponsors who believed in you. You have proven their products are fantastic :)
Very kind of you to say.:thanks: Can't thank @Weed Seeds Express @GeoFlora Nutrients @Mars Hydro and @420 enough for the opportunity and faith in me. More than impressed with all their products. Really proven they're trustworthy and knowledgeable suppliers of great products for us.

that right there could be plant of the month.
It sure could- I like the "twilight" effect in that last pic...
She's a beauty, Vet! :welldone:

Back
Top Bottom