420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Websissy

Day 63 & 11th day of Flower:

Looks like I have 3 sativa dominant plants and one indica looking plant (at least one is different looking than the others - shorter, wider and broader leaves). That plant fared better while I was gone - doesn’t need watering as much. Will take them out of the tent this weekend to get better pics. The other 3 I watered again this last night - added a couple of drops of SuperThrive (just in case the roots needed some B1) and 3.5ml of Cal Mag/gal. Amazing how thirsty they were considering I water Sunday night. There’s still some leaves that look like they have a cal/mag deficiency - bit think that’s an old problem. I’ll be top dressing with GeoFlora Bloom in 3 more days.

Good morning :battingeyelashes:

Day 65 - Day 13 (flower) (I was a day off in my reporting yesterday)

The girls look good but like a new Mom, I worry about every little thing :) Seeing a little bit of what I think is light burn on the taller leaves.

Also, this leaf is on my shorter plant that hasn’t shown any previous signs of stress and fared well with the high heat while I was away. What does this look like?

Tomorrow is #GeoFlora Bloom top dress day :)

Day 66 - Flower Day 14

Girls were in search of the light this morning :) They also got their 2 week top dressing of 3oz’s of GeoFlora Bloom.
Also gave them their 2 week dose of Sierra Natural Science SNS-209 (pest control). Growth is good! Can’t wait to see how they flourish with their feeding :cheer:

Day 68 - Flower Day 16

All’s well in my garden. No signs of pests or stress. 4 GSC Comparative Plants are looking good - even better after their feed of GeoFlora Bloom from two days ago - if that’s possible that it helps that fast?

Here’s and underside view. Wondering if I should lollipop undergrowth more?

The 2 smaller GSC’s - not part of the comparative grow are in flower too. Smaller but trying to grow tall! I didn’t transplant before Flower. Going to do that today to see how they do (fingers crossed I don’t kill them)! Trying another medium too (one that says it helps prevent over watering). Anyway, that’s for a different journal….

Happy Sunday :hookah:

Day 68 - Flower Day 16

All’s well in my garden. No signs of pests or stress. 4 GSC Comparative Plants are looking good - even better after their feed of GeoFlora Bloom from two days ago - if that’s possible that it helps that fast?

Here’s and underside view. Wondering if I should lollipop undergrowth more?

The 2 smaller GSC’s - not part of the comparative grow are in flower too. Smaller but trying to grow tall! I didn’t transplant before Flower. Going to do that today to see how they do (fingers crossed I don’t kill them)! Trying another medium too (one that says it helps prevent over watering). Anyway, that’s for a different journal….

Happy Sunday :hookah:
I notice a quick change in growth immediately after topdress with Geoflora

Looking most excellent @Websissy. You're doing a mighty fine job.

For more humidity I run fans on the soil line and water more often. The plants will transpire more and grow faster. More transpiration higher RH. Plants will create a micro-climate in the canopy with the fan leaves.

The fan leaves are an important part of the whole specially early in flower. Dont worry about them blocking light going to the bud sites. They are actually feeding the bud sites with sugars which is way more important than light going to the flowers. Flowers do very little photosynthesis.

Your home AC is removing it tho.... sorta tough thing this time of year. They work it out.

Thanks @bobrown14 - that makes sense - will do that & didn’t know that about the fan leaves during flower!

I found this leaf on my largest GSC plant - she’s been growing like crazy. Think I have the CalMag issue resolved but noticed a couple of upper fan leaves with some yellow spots this morning. Almost like water drop light burn spots but not sure. Lower down (under the canopy) - I found this sad looking fan leaf
Thinking maybe a potassium deficiency?

Watered the girls with Cal/mag and some organic black strap molasses this morning just in case they need “something” more…

Thanks @bobrown14 - that makes sense - will do that & didn’t know that about the fan leaves during flower!

I found this leaf on my largest GSC plant - she’s been growing like crazy. Think I have the CalMag issue resolved but noticed a couple of upper fan leaves with some yellow spots this morning. Almost like water drop light burn spots but not sure. Lower down (under the canopy) - I found this sad looking fan leaf
Thinking maybe a potassium deficiency?

Watered the girls with Cal/mag and some organic black strap molasses this morning just in case they need “something” more…
Confirming your diagnosis... looks like potassium to me too.

Day 71 & Day 19 Flower

All’s looking well this morning - major stretching the last few days. Lots of flowering :) I raised my light last Sunday as I was seeing a little yellowing on the leaf tips on my tallest plant. Of course the plants responded and the tallest plant is now 13” from the light. I have about 14” left to raise the light.

@cr8grow - the poster’s artist is Yasuto Sasada. My son bought it at IKEA years ago. He redecorated his room so I took it - need to incorporate into my grow space :)

Day 71 & Day 19 Flower

All’s looking well this morning - major stretching the last few days. Lots of flowering :) I raised my light last Sunday as I was seeing a little yellowing on the leaf tips on my tallest plant. Of course the plants responded and the tallest plant is now 13” from the light. I have about 14” left to raise the light.

@cr8grow - the poster’s artist is Yasuto Sasada. My son bought it at IKEA years ago. He redecorated his room so I took it - need to incorporate into my grow space :)
Websissy, those flowers look durban poison forward and healthy. I will check out the artist, thanks.

Looking forward to the end product. I actually smoked Durban Poison back in the 70’s in South Africa :)

Back
Top Bottom