420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Websissy

Day 37 since flip - I’m seeing more plumping since I watered yesterday. I’m wondering if the CO2 bag is helping too? I hung it a bit higher even though it wasn’t in the way before - want to make sure it drops the CO2 over the buds :)
Everything looks okay - hoping the RO water helps. I just did the math and should have fed them their 2 week top dressing of @GeoFlora Nutrients Bloom yesterday. Will feed them in the morning - don’t want to over water.
Thanks @Weed Seeds Express for this awesome strain. Can’t wait to try it out! It’s super sticky and the resin has a nice smell. Remind me when I should start looking at the Trichomes to harvest?

Day 38 post flip

Seeing more amber pistils, Trichomes look clear. Plants are super sticky and to me have a lemon smell.

Fed them 3 oz each of GeoFlora Bloom top dressing and watered a little (since I just watered them well on Sunday) - gave 1/4 gallon each. Added some SNS-209 as I’m seeing more fungus gnats on top of the soil. Still have some fan leaves that are showing signs of stress or deficiency, but good news is that it’s not getting worse. Hoping the RO water and feed will help then get to the home stretch healthy!

My attempt at some micro pics today:

Looking great! I have heard those co2 bags help quite a bit in high heat from some others on here as well. I've never tried them but I have a large amount of various edible mushrooms like pink oyster growing in the room outside of my tent. Not sure if I get any benefit but still intriguing to me.

Anyway, I was surprised to read 75RH recommended for drying. I guess that would help slow it down. Its been ages since my last harvest so I need to look into those factors, it just seemed high at first impression. Great work!

Websissy, Your plants look great. The buds will stop swelling and the upper pistils will turn to red, orange or other colors other than cream. Then start scoping the trichomes on the upper calyxs. You can estimate ripeness easily if you have a cheap bluetooth scope. I attach to a microphone stand for steady really close up shots…a few pics at the end of my grow #4 link. Cheers

Good morning fellow growers.
Day 41 of Flower.

Pots are still heavy from feed & watering on Tuesday.

Starting to notice that plants that had signs of nutrient issues or disease have leaves continuing to get spots and yellow - some are dying at tips and curling up. The Buds look okay though. What’s interesting is the shortest and more indica looking plant in my grow doesn’t show any of these leaf issues. I’ve given all the plants the same watering, feed and cal/mag supplements.

Ordered a Bluetooth digital microscope so I can get better pics of the Trichomes as I head into the final stage of flowering.

Here’s some pics I took this morning.

Bud filling out nicely:

Pics of leaf issues on taller plants:

Shorter plant without stress/nutrient

Another tall cola pic:

Day 42 Flower

Pots are still heavy - hoping to water tomorrow. Added Diatomaceous Earth to the topsoil - seeing too many gnats. Some of the pics have bits of diatomaceous earth dust on the leafs.

some more pics :passitleft:

Have a good weekend!:Namaste:

Looking pretty fine for around 6 weeks of flowering :green_heart:

Interesting to see a few pistils turn amber...

Total right about the Indica shorter growing phenotype which doe's not show any nutrient issue's.

The Sativa phenotypes may suffer with Mg in the beginning followed by P/K def in flowering with general yellowing of leaf's from early to mid flowering, but one sativa seemed to suffer more with nutrient issue's than the other two.

Looking pretty fine for around 6 weeks of flowering :green_heart:

Interesting to see a few pistils turn amber...

Total right about the Indica shorter growing phenotype which doe's not show any nutrient issue's.

The Sativa phenotypes may suffer with Mg in the beginning followed by P/K def in flowering with general yellowing of leaf's from early to mid flowering, but one sativa seemed to suffer more with nutrient issue's than the other two.
Fuzzy - the plants with the amber pistils are dying - over this weekend the leaves started to go limp. The buds are shriveling too - I think I’m going to lose at least 2 of the 4 before they reached their full potential. The pots weren’t light - so they aren’t taking up water. I gave them a little cal/mag and black strap molasses as that’s the only thing I’ve fed them other than the Geoflora Bloom. Something happened - I don’t know what though. I will chop them down early if I don’t see any improvement in a day or two.

I’m wondering if my plants have septoria?

they do not.

would be a nutrient or root issue. looks like a phosphorus issue, common to run in to in flower.
think there's a couple more things going on. if the gnats are bad enough they will interfere with nutrient uptake.

they do not.

would be a nutrient or root issue. looks like a phosphorus issue, common to run in to in flower.
think there's a couple more things going on. if the gnats are bad enough they will interfere with nutrient uptake.
Thanks for the feedback @bluter. I did notice lots of gnats on the top soil - not flying around the plants. I suspect the gnats may be contributing to the uptake issue. I have lowered the tents humidity from 65 to 45. I will run the fans more. Have continue to add diatomaceous earth to the top soil and have lots of sticky paper around the topsoil and plants. The one that looks the worse was actually pretty light feeling tonight so I watered and added SNS-209 and Black Strap Molasses. I also foliar sprayed the plants with SNS-209 after the lights went off.

Thanks for the feedback @bluter. I did notice lots of gnats on the top soil - not flying around the plants. I suspect the gnats may be contributing to the uptake issue. I have lowered the tents humidity from 65 to 45. I will run the fans more. Have continue to add diatomaceous earth to the top soil and have lots of sticky paper around the topsoil and plants. The one that looks the worse was actually pretty light feeling tonight so I watered and added SNS-209 and Black Strap Molasses. I also foliar sprayed the plants with SNS-209 after the lights went off.
I’ve never had spider mites but I will watch and learn. I can confirm my experience this and last grow was zero fungus gnats the entire grow using a handful of Mosquito Bits as top dress when I go to 5 gallon pots. Good luck with turning around the garden. Cheers

Hi all - busy with work stuff lately so haven’t had much time to update.

I’m frustrated with what’s happening to my plants. Even the healthier ones are now showing the beginning signs of whatever is ailing them. @Emilya - I don’t think I have spider mites as I haven’t seen webbing. I think it could be worse than I realized gnats. I used the SNS-209 per the intructions.

I turned the evap humidifier down but then I noticed the tent temps were getting too high. I need it to run at top level, which is 65% Humidity to cool the tent. Down the road I’m going to invest in a small A/C unit for my tent.

On a side note - I have a male clone plant that I’ve left outside, on a table, under a mesquite tree, in a 1 gallon cloth pot. It was not growing much even though I watered it almost daily. Well, over the past month we have been getting tons of rain. Almost daily! It’s been getting soaked and I’ve had to dump the drip saucer after each rain. It’s finally started to really grow! I wanted to see how a plant would do growing it outside this way and I like what I see. I will have to get rid of him soon when he starts to grow his pods. I have some female PH clones that I may put outside (will start this weekend with some gradual hardening time).

Back
Top Bottom