420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Websissy

Websissy

Seeing the email last night from Fedex that I had a package on it's way and that it would be delivered today on 420 was perfect. What a great day to start a new grow :) :cheer:

Comparative Grow Plan:
  • GSC genetics provided from Weed Seeds Express
  • Soak seeds for 24 hrs - RO water with 10% Hydrogen Peroxide. Leave soak in cupboard.
  • Put seeds in solo cups with holes added to bottom. Plant with tap root/pointy end down - pinky tip deep (use a chop stick to make hole). Water slightly with RO water. Test PH. Put in growing tray with lid in cupboard to germinate.
  • Medium - Amended Potting Soil
  • Once sprouted will put under WeeGrow CS-100 LED light in make shift grow tent (need to figure that out still) as my only grow tent has Flower Girl and bath tub temp grow has Flower Girl Clones vegging). Will keep temps between 75-85F. 70%RH. Test PH and PPM's. Will adjust the light intensity and have one over each plant per WeeGrow instruction booklet.
  • After about 2 weeks will transplant to 1 gallon cloth pots and then 3 gallon cloth pots as they get bigger.
  • Will start GeoFlora Nutrients at veg stage.
  • Plan to keep at vegetative stage for 6 weeks and then flip to flower for 6 weeks.
  • Plan to water when the containers are light and will follow the GeoFlora feeding instructions.
I'll keep you all updated on what I do and what I see happening - I'm a novice grower compared to others in this comparative grow.
Here's a pic of the seed's birthday :happy-birthday:
full

Seeing the email last night from Fedex that I had a package on it's way and that it would be delivered today on 420 was perfect. What a great day to start a new grow :) :cheer:

Comparative Grow Plan:
  • GSC genetics provided from Weed Seeds Express
  • Soak seeds for 24 hrs - RO water with 10% Hydrogen Peroxide. Leave soak in cupboard.
  • Put seeds in solo cups with holes added to bottom. Plant with tap root/pointy end down - pinky tip deep (use a chop stick to make hole). Water slightly with RO water. Test PH. Put in growing tray with lid in cupboard to germinate.
  • Medium - Amended Potting Soil
  • Once sprouted will put under WeeGrow CS-100 LED light in make shift grow tent (need to figure that out still) as my only grow tent has Flower Girl and bath tub temp grow has Flower Girl Clones vegging). Will keep temps between 75-85F. 70%RH. Test PH and PPM's. Will adjust the light intensity and have one over each plant per WeeGrow instruction booklet.
  • After about 2 weeks will transplant to 1 gallon cloth pots and then 3 gallon cloth pots as they get bigger.
  • Will start GeoFlora Nutrients at veg stage.
  • Plan to keep at vegetative stage for 6 weeks and then flip to flower for 6 weeks.
  • Plan to water when the containers are light and will follow the GeoFlora feeding instructions.
I'll keep you all updated on what I do and what I see happening - I'm a novice grower compared to others in this comparative grow.
Here's a pic of the seed's birthday :happy-birthday:
full
Your off to the races @Websissy :thumb:
Great
Bill

Thanks all :thumb: I changed my mind about putting the seeds in soil tonight - doing the paper towel method instead. None of my seeds sunk but that's probably because I used a little hydrogen peroxide in the soak. I'll set them up in soil tomorrow morning! Then back in the cupboard for some germinating :)

Howzit! This morning I transferred the 6 #weedseedsexpress GSC seeds into their new home in special Girl Scout Green solo cups :420: filled with amended soil and RO zero PPM water (PH balanced). All 6 seeds that I soaked germinated with tap root in 36 hours :yahoo:

What I did:
  • Cleaned the tray and cover with some bleach water spray and dried.
  • Prepared 5 solo cups by burning little drain holes on the bottom using a lighter
  • Filled 3/4 way up with amended Happy Frog soil
  • Wet the soil slightly and mixed it in cups with a chopstick with RO water (that I tested - zero PPM and made sure the PH was balanced - I use a PH drops kit to test to yellow).
  • Put a little hole in the center with tip of pinky.
  • Placed germinating seeds in hole and lightly covered with a little soil.
  • Using one root riot plug just to see how it does compared to solo cups. My plans is to only have 4 of these 6 seeds be part of the comparative grow due to tent constraints.
  • Put cups in growing tray and covered (keeping vents open for now - can't remember if that's important or not).
  • Placed tray on warming mat and put in dark room.
  • Don't plan to spray mist them until I see the start of leaves poking through soil (if needed).

Checked the cups yesterday at 48 hours post soak and could see 2 definite sprouts broke through. This morning (60 hours old) all 6 have sprouted. Interesting that they are yellow or is that normal? Put them under a T5 light - will use the WeeGrow LED light once they have first set of new leaves. So far so good!

Checked the cups yesterday at 48 hours post soak and could see 2 definite sprouts broke through. This morning (60 hours old) all 6 have sprouted. Interesting that they are yellow or is that normal? Put them under a T5 light - will use the WeeGrow LED light once they have first set of new leaves. So far so good!
Lights action. They'll turn green

Got home after a beautiful day on a high mountain top to find all these Sponsor products for my grow!! :thanks:

GeoFlora asked us about our grow plans before we started - what kind of soil, grow inside or out (or a combo of), number plants, number of planned veg and flower days....

They picked out this mix of products for me to use (for 4 three gallon pots):
Veg 5-3-4​
Bloom 3-5-5​
Then they threw in 2 packs each of:
Dynomyco - Mycorrhizal Inoculants​
Earth Alive - Soil Activator​
Sierra Natural Science sent a gallon of SNS-209 - Systemic Pest Control Concentrate

For more info - see the links in my signature. Can't wait to try all this!! Thanks so much 420 Magazine for facilitating and organizing this, #Weedseedsexpress, #GeoFlora & #SierraNaturalScience :adore:

I wrote to Dynomyco support to find out how to apply their mycorrhizal to the solo cups that I have already started and if it was okay to use the SNS-209 along with their product.

Here's what they said: "You can poke some small holes in the soil and get the granules down them and then cover up the holes. Of course add it when you next transplant.

Regarding the pesticide, so long as it's a pesticide and not a systemic fungicide you should be fine. Happy Growing"

So this morning, I poked holes closer to the sides of the cups and added (a bit less than a tsp/plant) of the granules down the holes and covered them back up.

The seedlings are doing great. I added a little bit more soil around the top of the cups on 1 & 2, for support, as their stalks were a bit stretchy.

Back
Top Bottom