420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Websissy

I can adjust the light intensity up more. The lights produce no heat. I think maybe the yellow spots could be from too much moisture as I kept them under the dome too long? It’s been 6 days since I watered and the soil is still moist.

#Weedseedsexpress GSC Seedlings are doing great @ 16 days old. They are growing their 3rd nodes, except for #5 which is my runt. Interesting because #5 and #6 were my last to poke their roots out, but I planted #6 in a root plug and #5 into soil. Interesting :reading420magazine: The leaves are lighter green than my Purple Haze seedlings were. I haven't given any nutes yet. The Purple Haze seedlings I was giving them some vitamin drops in water with a bit of nitrogen - so maybe that's why. I have seen a few gnats (not sure what kind) in my grow bathroom. I did give the plants the #Sierra natural science SNS-209 in it's first watering last week. Will prepare the soil when I get back next Tuesday to transplant using the #GeoFlora Veg, #Dynomyco and #EarthAlive Soil Activator and SNS-209. Excited to see them grow! I ordered another tent so they will have their own space to grow. The #weegrow light I have them under currently probably won't be strong enough for them eventually - will have to sort that out and get another sponsor light. I figured out how to set the timer to come back on with the light. I want the light on at 5am and off at 11pm - so at 5am I had to turn the light on and set the timer for 18 hours. It will then turn off at 11pm and back on at 5am. One day to test it as I'll be going away for the weekend again!

Curious - can you reuse cloth pots? I have been for clones on my other grow. Just don't want to mess up anything scientific and all for this grow!

Absolutely u can re use fabric pots ,,well I do :rofl:
I mentioned it to the guy at the local hydroponic store today and he said you rinse them with hydrogen peroxide before reusing.

Day 17 - I couldn't wait to transplant 4 of the larger seedlings. Wanted to give them their first feed of the nutrients I received by 420 Sponsors for this grow. Plus my anxiety about leaving them to their own demise over the long weekend got the best of me. I figure if I give them fresh soil with amendments and some water they will be good to go till next Tuesday. I misted the cups this morning so the soil would be slightly moist prior to transplanting.
Recap::rollit:
  1. 1 gallon cloth pots
  2. 4 gallons of FFHH soil
  3. 4 oz of GeoFlora Veg :thanks: (check out the links in my signature for sponsored products)
  4. Dynomyco
  5. Little less than 1/2 packet of the Earth Alive Soil Activator
  6. 2 TBSP SNS-203 pesticide mix with one gallon of PH balanced water
Mixed the dry soil amendments in 4 gallons of soil in a large bin. Added some water with the organic pesticide into the soil - mixed well. Added soil into cloth pots and gently held the solo cup upside down, supporting the stalk in between my fingers and palm. Loosened the roots by gently squeezing around the sides of the cup and made sure that the plant would drop freely and let it drop top down into my hand while supporting the root ball with my other gloved hand and carefully placed into the 1 gallon pot. Filled up the pot with soil - trying to keep the plant center and vertical, gently pressed down the soil. Placed back in grow area and watered a little around the outside edge of the pot. Positioned WeeGrow lights.

I messed up a little - I set 1/2 the amendments aside to mix some and then more in the soil. I forgot to mix in the 2nd round - found the cup behind me when I finished potting the plants. I'll add more as top dressing next time I water and bury some mycorrhizae when I get back.

The 4 I've transplanted are now the 4 chosen ones to be part of my official 420 GSC Comparative Grow. That's because I thought I'd only be able to fully grow 4 plants in my tent. The others will go into another tent that I'll be using for my PH Clones. Oh - the roots in the plants were doing great - growing all the way to the bottom of the cup.

Happy Mothers Day! :hug:

I’m back from my trip - fortunately they grew - no signs of transplant stress. The runt even grew - has strange shaped leaves. I will transplant the last smaller but non runt plant tonight into a 1 gallon pot. The pots were light weight feeling so I fed/watered them again. I didn’t give them more GeoFlora Veg because it says to use every 14 days (it’s been 5 since I transplanted). Gave them SNS-209 and more Earth Alive soil activator. Next feed should be next week and I’ll top dress with Geoflora Veg.

Got my new little tent - will be their home for the next 3-4 more weeks of veg. - will set it up tonight.

Thanks @BakedARea :ciao:

I moved the 4 GSC plants for the comparative grow into their tent tonight. It’s a cute little 24x24x36 tent. I need to get a small humidifier for it as I’m using my other 2 still for other plants. I put a small fan in the tent. I may have to run a portable swamp cooler in this room in the summer as it’s getting hot in the desert already! I have one of those already :)

Had to hang the lights down a bit as the plants aren’t tall enough yet to clip it on to a cross bar. This light is a clip on type. Made it challenging to position the light over each plant.

Tent is complete for now. Got my little humidifier for it today. It’s all so stinking little and cute :) Speaking of smells - I can smell the fine smell of cannabis on these 23 day old plants already. All seems well (knock on wood)!

Hey Websissy. Great journalling. I'd go with Emilya on washing those pots. H2O2 would be a very expensive or you could just chuck them in the washing machine on a 90C wash with soap and all. I've been doing that for years with no problems at all. Just give them a soak and a rinse in the sink first to remove any lumps of soil otherwise you risk damaging the washing machine.
Good looking plants by the way.
:passitleft:

Day 25 - 8 days since transplanted to 1 gallon cloth pots and 5 days since last watered. Not a lot to report except all looks well in their new little home. Starting on their 5th nodes. Their Cotyledon leaves have yellowed and are ready to fall off. Their internodal spacing makes me think I need to figure out how to train them to spread out vs get too tall. I’ve noticed some slight variation in branch colors - some light green, some with a bit of purple and some seem to be a bit more yellow. They are due for their #geoflora top dressing and watering in 7 more days. Will do that sooner though if the pots get light. So far they feel like they have plenty of moisture. Thanks again to #weedseedsexpress, #geoflora, #dynomyco, #sierranaturalscience, and #earthalive for your contributions to my 420 magazine comparative grow!

Have a good weekend all!

Today, I transplanted #4 and #5 (the runt) to their 1 gallon cloth pots. Using FFHF soil and some other amendments. I'm not using the sponsored grow amendments for these 2 going forward since I only planned to grow the 4 in their own tent environment for the #420 GSC Comparative Grow (and was provided product for 4 plants). I did use the sponsored amendments though to start my grow with these two (the #Dynomyco mixed into the soil for the solo cups and #Sierra Natural Science - SNS 209 with watering). Besides #6, these two were slowest to germinate. #6 was the one that was my smallest tap root which I planted in a root riot plug and it took off and is in the tent with #1, 2 & 3 now. Wanted to show their roots - today is day 26 since I started the seeds in their soak.

#4:

#5 (the runt with strange shaped leaves):

The tent plants looked great this morning, but I felt like their pots were pretty light and it's been 6 days since I gave them any water. Decided to water them - only adding the small amount of the #Sierra Natural Science - SNS 209 into their water. Did have to add some PH down to get the PH close to 6.0. I slowly added some water around the edges of the pots let them sit for a few minutes and then added the rest of the water - watered about 3/4 of a gallon between the 4 plants. I have them in cloth pots sitting on pot elevators with saucers for run-off drainage. I noticed within a few minutes after watering though that my happy plants' leaves started to get really droopy. Aaaaccckkk! :rolleyes:

I just checked on them again - 30 minutes after watering and they are not as droopy. Will check on them again in a few hours to see if they look better - if not - I may put them outside for a bit to get some dry air around them. :hmmmm:

Also raised the lights - now the #Weegrow light is clipped to the top of my tent (which is 36" tall). I will need another light once I start to transition to flower. Weegrowth recommended their Q-1000 to me. Wish I'd bought it on their 420 discount days - went ahead and got it - still a great price as I'm trying to keep this grow on a low cost budget.

Back
Top Bottom