420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Websissy

I got home tonight to seeing more fan leaves higher up with fades of yellow and rust brown spots. I don’t think they need water and don’t think I overwatered 2 days ago. Temp and RH and air movement are good. Have recent mixed in soil GeoFlora Veg and Dynomyco. I’m getting concerned. Not sure what to do (if anything) until they need to be watered again in a day or two.

I test the PH of the water I’m using but I haven’t tested the PH of the soil. Maybe it’s too high? I read on a fellow GSC grower’s thread how to make a slurry.

Post a pic if you can. I was not able to use the same nutrients as I am not in soil so others will be much more helpful. That being said, I had yellow leaves with rust spots on one of my plants very early on. My ph was too high and I ended up lowering my ph and added calmag. I did have a similar issue with my little one in soil. I added calmag and increased feeding but again different nutrient.

No fear plenty of growers to help but a picture will be good too

Post a pic if you can. I was not able to use the same nutrients as I am not in soil so others will be much more helpful. That being said, I had yellow leaves with rust spots on one of my plants very early on. My ph was too high and I ended up lowering my ph and added calmag. I did have a similar issue with my little one in soil. I added calmag and increased feeding but again different nutrient.

No fear plenty of growers to help but a picture will be good too
Thanks @Modest Grower. I added some pics to the posts (above).

I went and looked back to see the progression. Do you think it could be a mold?

Possibly this
Doubtful - it’s hard to keep humidity up here and my evap humidifier only goes up to 65 Rh. The stems are turning purple/red - pretty sure it’s a magnesium deficiency. I didn’t want to supplement any other nutes since I was trying to stick to GeoFlora only but gave it a little Cal/mag last night.

Day 49/39 Veg -

Good News first - the plants’ top new growth is looking great!

Bad News - The problem is spreading up to my top fan leaves - new growth still looks good but I’m worried that the plants are in trouble and whatever is missing is going to kill them. I won’t flip to flower in 3 days. I will wait for them to get healthier even if I have to top them if they get too tall. What a mess!

Watched a video on magnesium deficiency and the guy said it usually shows up around the 4th week. I noticed it starting then - now in the 5th week. Can be a problem with the PH and nutrient uptake . He said to raise PH to higher end of 6 range and feed Cal/mag or some other products. @GeoFlora Nutrients & @Weed Seeds Express - help! :ciao:

I cut off the suffering fan leaves off when they look like they are starting to die.

Good thing I can relax with some bud so this doesn’t keep me up at night :hookah:

Help - I cut off another dying fan leaf and found a bug. My eyesight is bad and all it looked like without a magnifying glass was a tiny spec. This must be what’s been destroying my leaves. I still think I have a nutrient problem but need help with this situation too! @Sierra Natural Science :hmmmm: I sprayed SNS-209 on the leaves - turned off the lights an hour early so I don’t burn the leaves.

Looks like a thrip to me. I think you're right though about having a deficiency. Please share on the main thread to get more eyes on this. Hopefully we'll get out figured out. Enjoy your evening buds. Blessings!

Hey Websissy. That does indeed look like a thrip but I don't think that is what is causing the damage to the leaves. It takes lots of them to cause any real issues but they can get out of control very easily. Good thing you spotted them now when it's easily treatable. As for the damage, it looks like a magnesium issue but I can't be sure. There might be something else going on as well. I work with small pots and see those symptoms when plants get root bound and waterlogged but from the pics your plants don't look and shouldn't be root bound. Do they need a feed? Sound obvious but it's caught me out before. Good luck with getting them back in order. I'm sure things will all be good.
:passitleft:

Day 49/39 Veg -

Good News first - the plants’ top new growth is looking great!

Bad News - The problem is spreading up to my top fan leaves - new growth still looks good but I’m worried that the plants are in trouble and whatever is missing is going to kill them. I won’t flip to flower in 3 days. I will wait for them to get healthier even if I have to top them if they get too tall. What a mess!

Watched a video on magnesium deficiency and the guy said it usually shows up around the 4th week. I noticed it starting then - now in the 5th week. Can be a problem with the PH and nutrient uptake . He said to raise PH to higher end of 6 range and feed Cal/mag or some other products. @GeoFlora Nutrients & @Weed Seeds Express - help! :ciao:

I cut off the suffering fan leaves off when they look like they are starting to die.

Good thing I can relax with some bud so this doesn’t keep me up at night :hookah:

Hi @Websissy , I'm sorry to hear that! We're not allowed to give any grow advice in a personal way, but I'm confident our fellow forum members can help you out. @BakedARea @Justin Goody @Furcifer Any suggestions?

Hi @Websissy , I'm sorry to hear that! We're not allowed to give any grow advice in a personal way, but I'm confident our fellow forum members can help you out. @BakedARea @Justin Goody @Furcifer Any suggestions?
I added Epsom for Magnesium Sulfate and it seemed to clear up my problem. Unfortunately the problem didn’t look like that (my issue. was more on the tips)

First thing- What’s your nute pH like? To me that has the appearance of fluctuating pH.
Second possibility - Are you doing anything to prevent root pests? Fruit fly larvae etc can sometimes play hell on the plant and you’d hardly know they were there. The leaves sometimes get that appearance.

I don’t do slurry tests and runoff pH/ppm tests so I can’t help ya there… I only know what’s worked for me.

@Emilya is really good at helping with problems like this, give her a shout ;)

Help - I cut off another dying fan leaf and found a bug. My eyesight is bad and all it looked like without a magnifying glass was a tiny spec. This must be what’s been destroying my leaves. I still think I have a nutrient problem but need help with this situation too! @Sierra Natural Science :hmmmm: I sprayed SNS-209 on the leaves - turned off the lights an hour early so I don’t burn the leaves.

That's your problem boogers

Hey Websissy. That does indeed look like a thrip but I don't think that is what is causing the damage to the leaves. It takes lots of them to cause any real issues but they can get out of control very easily. Good thing you spotted them now when it's easily treatable. As for the damage, it looks like a magnesium issue but I can't be sure. There might be something else going on as well. I work with small pots and see those symptoms when plants get root bound and waterlogged but from the pics your plants don't look and shouldn't be root bound. Do they need a feed? Sound obvious but it's caught me out before. Good luck with getting them back in order. I'm sure things will all be good.
:passitleft:
Thanks - shouldn’t be rootbound as they were just up-potted 8 days ago. I’ve been following the GeoFlora Veg feeding recommendations. I wasn’t planning to feed again until I flipped to flower and then was planning to switch to GeoFlora Bloom. At transplant I mixed the GeoFlora Veg in the soil along with Dynomyco and Earth Alive Soil Activator.

I added Epsom for Magnesium Sulfate and it seemed to clear up my problem. Unfortunately the problem didn’t look like that (my issue. was more on the tips)

First thing- What’s your nute pH like? To me that has the appearance of fluctuating pH.
Second possibility - Are you doing anything to prevent root pests? Fruit fly larvae etc can sometimes play hell on the plant and you’d hardly know they were there. The leaves sometimes get that appearance.

I don’t do slurry tests and runoff pH/ppm tests so I can’t help ya there… I only know what’s worked for me.

@Emilya is really good at helping with problems like this, give her a shout ;)
I always check my PH prior to watering and it’s been in the 6-6.5 range. I did a slurry test this morning from the most effected plant and it was 6.8. 740 PPM.

I’ve been using SNS-209 as recommended throughout the grow.

Reminder to do a slurry test
Flush with corrected ph nutrients and add CALSIUM
Dolomite lime at 6 to 7 teaspoons per gallon container
Good luck
I did the test this morning (although I only let the slurry be in the distilled water for 45 min.) - 6.8PH

I have Cal/Mag Plus I could add. I’ll stop by a store today to get some dolomite lime. I know our water here is heavy with calcium. My RO isn’t installed yet - so I use tap water and adjust the PH. I often let the water sit all day. Otherwise have been feeding GeoFlora Veg. Maybe not enough?

Cannabis is a resilient plant. They will do fine once they get fed. And clear up these minor issues.
I see Calcium def so I would feed it more.
Bugs are easy to deal with and I don't see excessive yellowing or drooping to indicate a root issue. Doesn't mean don't do anything to help the roots...include a routine preventive treatment also.
Have you contacted out side of this thread @GeoFlora Nutrients
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom