420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Websissy

Hi all! I’m back from 4 days away. Thankfully, the 4 comparative grow GSC girls look good - still seeing yellow fan leaves on lower/mid level but top buds are thriving on Day 31 of Flower. Day 83 from seed soak.

Had my caretaker put water in the evap humidifier - he was surprised how much water my tent needed to keep humidity up. I watered tonight - they didn’t look too thirsty - but after 4 days - it’s time :)
Pics from tonight (right as lights went off)

Hi all! I’m back from 4 days away. Thankfully, the 4 comparative grow GSC girls look good - still seeing yellow fan leaves on lower/mid level but top buds are thriving on Day 31 of Flower. Day 83 from seed soak.

Had my caretaker put water in the evap humidifier - he was surprised how much water my tent needed to keep humidity up. I watered tonight - they didn’t look too thirsty - but after 4 days - it’s time :)
Pics from tonight (right as lights went off)

Looking lovely

They look a lot better than the last time you went away. You didn't ask your 18-year-old this time? ;)

They look a lot better than the last time you went away. You didn't ask your 18-year-old this time? ;)
No - haha - he went with us. This time it was my brother who lives close by.

happy-birthday-cannabis-cupcake1642439-posters.jpg

Thank you for the birthday wishes :green_heart:

Flower Day 33 (85 since seed start):

I think the stretching has stopped and girls are plumping up. Lots of Trichomes on the sugar leaves. I’m flowering another strain at same stage and not seeing Trichomes like I do with @Weed Seeds Express Girl Scout Cookie Feminized strain.

3 of 4 comparative grow plants that grew faster from the start are showing some signs of nutrient deficiency I think. The other plant that’s not is darker green and more indica looking (I think).

I’ve been feeding tap water, PH set to about 6-6.5. Our water is very high in calcium. I wonder if the high cal is blocking uptake of some of the other nutrients. Maybe on my next grow I’ll give one plant RH water only to see how that does with the @GeoFlora Nutrients.

I watered today - added a tablespoon/gal of unsulfered organic black strap molasses. Each plant got 1/2 gallon. I hope this helps stop the undergrowth leaf yellowing/loss.

I think the stretching has stopped and girls are plumping up. Lots of Trichomes on the sugar leaves. I’m flowering another strain at same stage and not seeing Trichomes like I do with @Weed Seeds Express Girl Scout Cookie Feminized strain.

3 of 4 comparative grow plants that grew faster from the start are showing some signs of nutrient deficiency I think. The other plant that’s not is darker green and more indica looking (I think).

I’ve been feeding tap water, PH set to about 6-6.5. Our water is very high in calcium. I wonder if the high cal is blocking uptake of some of the other nutrients. Maybe on my next grow I’ll give one plant RH water only to see how that does with the @GeoFlora Nutrients.

I watered today - added a tablespoon/gal of unsulfered organic black strap molasses. Each plant got 1/2 gallon. I hope this helps stop the undergrowth leaf yellowing/loss.

It takes a lot of moles to get that much ass

Websissy, Your plants look great, nice. My well water ranges 8.0 to 7.4 PH and relatively high in minerals. I skim a lot of mineral foam when I collect and boil sugar maple syrup every spring. Anyway, I always PH down to 6.3 to 6.5, despite soil buffering, I want to control the PH, which rises as the plants absorb water. For an organic soil grow it helps absorption of different nutes as PH rises from low to higher. Cheers

Morning all!

Day 35 since flipping to flower

I need to measure these girls' height as I think the stretch is continuing (I thought it stopped but this morning they look taller). Their colas are plumping up more. I looked at trichomes last night (my Eyesite sucks though) and they are looking good - hard to tell if clear or cloudy. Will work on getting better pics of them this weekend. Continuing to see more yellowing of fan leaves and leaf death. I'll be switching to RO water only as I think my calcium is too high and possibly interfering with the nutrition uptake of the GeoFlora Bloom. I have 5 more days until they are due for the next top dressing.

They are sticky and have a strong terp lemony smell when you touch the plants. I don't smell much in the tent though. I am running a 6 inch in line fan and carbon filter.

I went to a cannabis growing workshop at at local hydroponics store last night. The owner, Nate, suggested that I use a CO2 bag in my tent as it helps plants to tolerate higher temps that we have in Arizona. You hang the bag at light level and the CO2 will fall over the plants - the bag is supposed to last for 6 months. Some of the bags were just starting to grow the CO2 producing fungus which would be good to buy if your just starting a grow, but since I'm already into my grow I got a bag that had a lot of the white fungus already growing.

My next quest is to figure out a way to lower my temps when I harvest and hanging the stems/bud for curing. They said at the working 65F and 75RH is ideal for a drying space. My house temps are 77-78. I'm going to look for a good used portable A/C that I can use to cool a space for drying.

I think I'll add the trellis net to the tent this weekend too or tie up some of the colas as some of the side branch colas are starting to sag from the weight of the buds (good problem to have - eh?).

Will post some pics in a bit.....

That's cool that you attended a growing workshop. Doesn't the C02 bag interfere with the height of the plants?

I love the side shots best especially this one:

GSC - Side View-WS.jpeg

Ya certainly catching on fast @Websissy

Excellent looking grow :green_heart:

Mmm I'm sure the stretch has finished by now but the real deception of height gain is the main cola filling out.

Hey hey hey! Day 36 since flip…

Did some tent maintenance again - cleaning, rearranging. I took time to measure the girls from top of soil to top of highest cola.

#6 - 35.5”

#2 - 33.75”

#3 - 26.25”

#1 - 32.5

Picked off/clipped some lower buds that aren’t going to grow much. Added some mycorrhizae (used a chop stick to poke a hole in dirt and sprinkled some down the hole). Also, watered with RO water.

I added the trellis to suppprt some of the heavier side colas.

Pic of the largest of the comparative grow girls:

These are the shorter 2 non comparative grow GSC’s (using other nutrition and lights).

Back
Top Bottom