420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Websissy

grab a loupe and check under the leaves. by the time you see webbing it's a severe infestation and may be too late.

Day 103 - 52 since flip.

Watered with plain RO water today. Cleaned the evap humidifier and changed the filter.

Got a Bluetooth magnifying camera. I can finally see the color and condition of the Trichomes up close. Even though the plants are dying it seems like the buds are still okay. I may need to harvest the plants though soon.

Lots of pics. Happy Saturday all!

grab a loupe and check under the leaves. by the time you see webbing it's a severe infestation and may be too late.
I think your right that I may have mites. Not spider but maybe broad mites? Hard to tell from these pics - will try to get clearer shots of the small objects on the back of leaves.

Hi Sissy, I would say that you are almost ready for harvest. Another week + a couple days.
Buds are looking nice but need to age a few more days.
I don't know what those white specks are or if that's an influence on your grow.
What I see could be 1 or a combination of these 3 issues.
Maganese deficiency!
Which can be related to pH imbalance to bug infestation.
Root issues!
To warm thru bugs
Bugs!
Always a problem if they can set up a camp in your plant!

Good luck with your finale!
:circle-of-love:

I grabbed a handful of top soil and saw larvae and little greenish mites in it - it’s a mess. Sadly the SNS-209 wasn’t enough. Either that or I needed to try something else too. @Sierra Natural Science - any suggestions?

@Furcifer - I can give another top dressing today of @GeoFlora Nutrients Bloom even though the instructions say not to in the last 2 weeks prior to harvest. I don’t see on the label nutrition analysis that it has Manganese. I took a look at my other nutrients in my stash and have one with .05% manganese, however it also is higher in nitrogen. I will stick with the GeoFlora since that’s worked for others in the late flower stage and maybe it will give the buds a needed boost prior to harvest.

I sprayed the top soil last night with SNS-209 and a eucalyptus/peppermint essential oil mixed with water spray I made. Cleaned off the dying leaves and will keep checking the Trichomes. All the Trichomes look cloudy with a few ambers. I’ll probably harvest next weekend unless the plants’ conditions really plummet.

Some more pics -
This is a bud from my GSC runt - she is a keeper for sure! She took so long to grow compared to my 4 comparative grow plants that I didn’t transplant her prior to flipping 7.5 weeks ago cause I didn’t want to waste the soil (lol). Then when she started to show some potential (about a month ago), I cut the bottom of the cloth pot with a razor and placed it on top of a 3 gallon pot, filled about 3/4 full. When I water, I mostly water the inner 1 gallon pot with a little going to the outer 3 gallon soil. Anyway, this seems to have worked well - may try this again with other grows.

This pic is of one of my comparative grow girls - she dealing with possible some pest invasion uptake issues but hanging in there.

Day 56 since flip. I decided to let the buds ripen some more with another feed before harvesting. No real improvement or plumping up noticed on the not so healthy plants but not seeing things continuing to get worse either. Waiting for the Trichomes to start to turn amber. Getting anxious to harvest :) All that’s left is to water with RO water now. Going by weight of pots - the not as healthy plants take about 3-4 days before they need more water. The healthier plants are needing water every 2 days.
Heres’s some pics -

Day 57 - thinking I will harvest soon - seeing some amber. Keeping an eye on them (or at least digital microscope) :)

Appreciate the sponsors who gave me, a new grower, a chance to experience this awesome looking strain and easy to use products for this grow - can’t wait to sample
It! @Weed Seeds Express, @GeoFlora Nutrients, @DYNOMYCO, @Sierra Natural Science! Also, while
I wish I had lights with more coverage I appreciate the grow light I bought for this grow from WeeGrow lights! They had great customer service too when the light had an issue.

Couldn’t wait on 3 of the GSC’s - felt like it was time due to their stress. Harvested them this morning - Day 59 since flip and 110 since start of seed soak. They look amazing and have some weight on them!

I set up my bathroom to be my cure room. It’s dark (no outside light). Keeping it cooler with the evap humidifier and a oscillating fan. So far temp and humidity it perfect :)

Day 60 since flip;

Here are the 3 GSC’s still ripening - 1 is from comparative grow and other 2 are not but interesting that they seem to be very similar in stature and color from the other 3 I chopped already. Maybe more indica dominant?

GSC #3 from Comparative Grow:

GSC #4&5:

Buds from 4&5:

Trichomes pic from # 4:

I watered all yesterday - plain RO water. Continue to add diatomaceous to the soil and am seeing less gnats. Added new sticky traps. Thinking I may harvest in a few days - if not next weekend for sure :)

Congrats on the harvest Websissy! Your remaining GSCs are looking CHONKY too. I recommend getting some Mosquito bits or Dunks to add to your RO and/or mix in with the soil. I do both - mix about a half cup of the bits into the soil prior to transplant and I also have a dunk in my rain barrel which I water the plants with it. I’ve had very few bug problems in the soil since I started doing that. Just a thought. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Couldn’t wait on 3 of the GSC’s - felt like it was time due to their stress. Harvested them this morning - Day 59 since flip and 110 since start of seed soak. They look amazing and have some weight on them!

I set up my bathroom to be my cure room. It’s dark (no outside light). Keeping it cooler with the evap humidifier and a oscillating fan. So far temp and humidity it perfect :)

The bouquet of buds isn’t GSC - sorry - that’s my Purple Haze clone

Morning all :hippy:

Yesterday, Day 67 (I miscalculated in my pic comments), I harvested the last of my 4 GSC comparative grow plants - Plant #3. She looked healthy - not much fading, but when I looked at her trichomes on my nifty digital microscope, she had plenty of amber trichomes - so I decided to go for it. She smelled so good! I wet trimmed her a little - mainly just removing larger fan and sugar leaves. She'll be drying on a drying rack in my bathroom. Have blocked out any light, temps are staying in low 70's and humidity is actually staying in low 60's even indoors lately with all the rain we have been getting in the desert southwest.

I dry trimmed the other 3 GSC's - maybe slightly early. Some of the tiny stems snapped but larger stems were still pliable. I just had to get it done over the weekend as my weekday hours to work on my plants is limited. I trimmed most of the buds off of the stems, only leaving some of the larger buds from the tops of the colas attached. Opening the jars about 4 times a day and rotating buds. I have an RH meter that I keep in the jars - if the humidity gets above 62RH. Here are the dry weights as of today:

GSC #1 - 24 grams (0.85 ounce)
GSC #2 - 33 grams (1.16 ounce)
GSC #6 - 40 grams (1.41 ounce)
Total so far - 97 grams (3.42 ounce) :yummy:

I think my last plant will have some weight to the buds - probably in the 1.5-2 ounce range. The other 2 non-comparative grow plants look like they have heavy nugs too. Keep in mind these three weights are from plants I harvested a bit early - they were effected by something that was making all their leaves drop and the buds to me looked like they were not plumping up any longer.

I read on another comparative growers page that he let his buds hang slow-dry for 14 days before trimming - I let mine dry for 8 days. All of this is a learning experience for me :reading420magazine:

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure :cheesygrinsmiley:

Congratz on the harvest @Websissy there are challenges in every grow no matter how experienced we think we are after all growing plants is a learning curve for every one :thumb:

Keeping a journal is sharing your interest :Namaste:

Keep it green, this strain is very tasty only tasted the scissor hash :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom