420 Magazine Background

420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By XiwsX561

XiwsX561

I am not exactly under t5s; I am under hybrid full spectrum LEDs in a T5 like configuration, putting about 30k LUX on my girls. A T5HO could only dream of being this effective. This is all the info I am giving though, since they are not sponsored lights they are not to be highlighted as part of this grow. When I get to bloom we will be putting them under sponsored lights for the duration. I will keep them under this inferior light until my bloom room frees up, and the distance I am running them is not translatable to any other light... but my journal makes it clear that I have been ramping up the light intensity at the canopy since this grow began.
Thought u didn't go with the hybrid bulbs just the 5000k? I did find LED higher then 5k. And my lumens do convert to 30k lux not sure what size blast u have. Confused on how distance is different we usually measure in inches and feet lol. But I will follow up on your journal ya not specifically talking about a brand or nothing just a type. Perhaps it's the temperature 6500k to 5000k that makes for the adjustment. Note. I did run not the hybrid led t5 fs+UV a little long when I totally forgot I had a cloner under it no roots fries to crisp. Rooted ones love it. Reason I asked node spacing was that is what I'm used to with LED figured they would stretch a bit before leveling out. Again I'll follow up in your journal. The botanigard u used was es wp22 or Maxx. There is a regiment u can use from seedling or clone on. Wondered if u did that. And any suggestion on pot top going up from solos or what I can do to still drain but not let any get into rhizosphere via the bottom holes. Don't ask me how but a juvi was crawling around the rim of the solo. In my soil not as many adult winged ones if any compared to coco. They are all in Saucers and I don't have any that leave the soil so I dunno how there were getting around. Sticky traps near coco tons sticky trap in soil room not 1. Always scared to try new things like IPMs with out someone slightly educated and experienced themselves. Don't wanna lose anymore 1 seedling was enough

Emilya

Member of the Month: Mar 2019 - Grow Journal of the Month: Jan 2020
Thought u didn't go with the hybrid bulbs just the 5000k? I did find LED higher then 5k. And my lumens do convert to 30k lux not sure what size blast u have. Confused on how distance is different we usually measure in inches and feet lol. But I will follow up on your journal ya not specifically talking about a brand or nothing just a type. Perhaps it's the temperature 6500k to 5000k that makes for the adjustment. Note. I did run not the hybrid led t5 fs+UV a little long when I totally forgot I had a cloner under it no roots fries to crisp. Rooted ones love it. Reason I asked node spacing was that is what I'm used to with LED figured they would stretch a bit before leveling out. Again I'll follow up in your journal. The botanigard u used was es wp22 or Maxx. There is a regiment u can use from seedling or clone on. Wondered if u did that. And any suggestion on pot top going up from solos or what I can do to still drain but not let any get into rhizosphere via the bottom holes. Don't ask me how but a juvi was crawling around the rim of the solo. In my soil not as many adult winged ones if any compared to coco. They are all in Saucers and I don't have any that leave the soil so I dunno how there were getting around. Sticky traps near coco tons sticky trap in soil room not 1. Always scared to try new things like IPMs with out someone slightly educated and experienced themselves. Don't wanna lose anymore 1 seedling was enough
This grow is all about the sponsors. I am not going to further discuss my silly inferior old technology mixed with new technology, veg lights. We already have talked about them, and they obviously work, but any further discussion is for another day and another place.

I have wp22 on standby, but I have not used it yet, and since that company is not yet a sponsor, I don't really want to discuss that product either. That was to deal with aphids on a previous grow anyway, and as long as they don't come back, I don't have to do the PPE thing in my rooms. So far I just have fungus gnats putting up a brave struggle, and I am fighting them with the mosquito dunks, yellow sticky cards, diatomaceous earth and no-pest strips. I may use a stronger soil based solution, like nematodes, if necessary... I am not taking these bugs into bloom. So far, I am confident that the present methods are working well but I will further evaluate after I uppot this next time. I am still kicking myself for not taking SNS up on their offer for this grow.

Pot training is a complete subject unto its own and there are so many methods and techniques available and that various people are using in this comparative grow, that I don't feel comfortable advising you to use one over the other. Some members are quadlining, which is a very popular way of doing things, some are simply using LST, I am topping so often my plants are going to get afraid of the sight of me with scissors coming at them. Hopefully my journal is describing my process well enough to follow along and to be able to learn my method, and I will be happy to answer any questions on the technique in the journal.

Founder
420 Staff
This grow is all about the sponsors. I am not going to further discuss my silly inferior old technology mixed with new technology, veg lights. We already have talked about them, and they obviously work, but any further discussion is for another day and another place.

I have wp22 on standby, but I have not used it yet, and since that company is not yet a sponsor, I don't really want to discuss that product either. That was to deal with aphids on a previous grow anyway, and as long as they don't come back, I don't have to do the PPE thing in my rooms. So far I just have fungus gnats putting up a brave struggle, and I am fighting them with the mosquito dunks, yellow sticky cards, diatomaceous earth and no-pest strips. I may use a stronger soil based solution, like nematodes, if necessary... I am not taking these bugs into bloom. So far, I am confident that the present methods are working well but I will further evaluate after I uppot this next time. I am still kicking myself for not taking SNS up on their offer for this grow.

Pot training is a complete subject unto its own and there are so many methods and techniques available and that various people are using in this comparative grow, that I don't feel comfortable advising you to use one over the other. Some members are quadlining, which is a very popular way of doing things, some are simply using LST, I am topping so often my plants are going to get afraid of the sight of me with scissors coming at them. Hopefully my journal is describing my process well enough to follow along and to be able to learn my method, and I will be happy to answer any questions on the technique in the journal.
Ask if they can still send you some in their thread Sierra Natural Science: Organic Pest, Disease & Weed Control Support

Top Bottom