420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By XiwsX561

XiwsX561

So im going to run one journal with all 3 basically a control if anyone has same setup and wants to do a true cultivator comparison let me know. So far this is what we have..

Lamp - Bestva P1000 105watt LED : ✔
Nutrients - Prescription Blend : In transit
Strain - GSC by WSE : In transit
Medium - Hydro But what kind???

Now we just sit back and watch them grow wait I mean watch for mail man and just watch him go... more to come stay tuned.

So im going to run one journal with all 3 basically a control if anyone has same setup and wants to do a true cultivator comparison let me know. So far this is what we have..

Lamp - Bestva P1000 105watt LED : ✔
Nutrients - Prescription Blend : In transit
Strain - GSC by WSE : In transit
Medium - Hydro But what kind???

Now we just sit back and watch them grow wait I mean watch for mail man and just watch him go... more to come stay tuned.
Hello x how are you this morning?
I'm in for your new journal. Let's see how that light works.

Update - Prescription Blend nutrients have arrived as well as weed seeds express GSC. Put a hold on both journals currently as my geographical location wants to just skip spring and go from 50s to 80s over night boiled my dwc. They are in recovery don't want to waste my precious GSC in an uncontrolled environment. Awaiting AC installation.

All right X you started a journal.

What experience do you have with DWC or hydro?

Do you have all the equipment needed for DWC or what ever?

I will follow along and suggest where I can, if you have a problem.

Tok..
I started in hydro ebb n flow then GH airlift top feed system , then single site dwc then RDWC. But obviously soil won't be able to keep up with dwc so I'll probably do a coco or coco/peat medium on half. I'm good on that. It was mastering the almighty Net ( trellis ) some people grow into theirs but I don't believe that to be a true ScrOG.

I started in hydro ebb n flow then GH airlift top feed system , then single site dwc then RDWC. But obviously soil won't be able to keep up with dwc so I'll probably do a coco or coco/peat medium on half. I'm good on that. It was mastering the almighty Net ( trellis ) some people grow into theirs but I don't believe that to be a true ScrOG.
Glad you are up and running again.
Bill

I'm in and I feel you on the skipping spring. Here in SEMO we are jumping from low 50s one day to low 80s the next . I want to do a dwc soon so I'll definitely keep an eye on you.
Dude it was high 40s low 50s during day and at night mid to high 20s and low 30s then next day it's 81 degrees. I didn't expect to have to install ac until late may early June. Place where my 2 dwc buckets were peaked at 98 degrees boiled roots. But after Two weeks in ICU alternating between h2o2 and hydroguard, u was able to pull off the dead roots not much pulling just grab and fell off like dead swamp grass new white roots are showing again.

Dude it was high 40s low 50s during day and at night mid to high 20s and low 30s then next day it's 81 degrees. I didn't expect to have to install ac until late may early June. Place where my 2 dwc buckets were peaked at 98 degrees boiled roots. But after Two weeks in ICU alternating between h2o2 and hydroguard, u was able to pull off the dead roots not much pulling just grab and fell off like dead swamp grass new white roots are showing again.
Geez man well I hope all is well with you! Sounds like you worked a miracle to get them roots back alive and hopefully you are rewarded for that buddy. We all need luck with these temp fluctuations atm thankfully inkbird makes good controllers tho.

I tried the inkbird one to control vpd with in a tent running co2 and it works as long as ambient temps outside the tent won't change too much it works. I didn't have a heater but what I did is I one plug into the AC and one plug into the dehumidifier. I seen someone on YouTube do it like that and it worked for a couple days but then temperature change the house changed and and then it's all out of whack very difficult to control VPD in a tent. Tent was all sort of 5x5 more than half the space was taken up by the dehumidifier in there as well as the AC in there and the AC is kind of counterproductive with the dehumidifier so it kind of took some dialing in and work.

So AC is installed hopefully they did it correct doesn't seem to pull much I'd any condensation, it is an inverter similar to a mini split. I have an LG window shaker inverter and pulls a ton of moisture.

5/17 - 10:57am seeds soak until pop or 24 hours which ever comes first.

Pics or it didn't happen :nerd-with-glasses:
So popped 6 to start after soak and just 24 hrs under paper towel we had taps 1/4th of an inch to over a half inch. Very fresh or vigorous beans.
5/20 transplanted to rockwool.
And placed under dome no need for heat mat as level below adds enough heat. Forgot to take picture of goin into cubes and domes.

IMG_20210520_061246597.jpg

Geez man well I hope all is well with you! Sounds like you worked a miracle to get them roots back alive and hopefully you are rewarded for that buddy. We all need luck with these temp fluctuations atm thankfully inkbird makes good controllers tho.
Dude ICU roots where touching the bottom of bucket then nothing. Little bit of h2o2 breaks down in about 4 days and some hydroguard. Kept switching I got long bright white roots again prolly more like a clone tho now no tap unless it regenerates. I had to lightly pull all the old ones off they came off pretty easy to reveal just a basket and then little white heads came out. Have to say never expected such a stable dwc nutrient that I never hear anyone using. I used to check pH 1-2+ times daily just to try I've gone over 10 days without touching or topping off. No deficiencies, no discoloration pH still with in range, ppms as well u would think would be sky high after half water is fine and nope just as Was when left or lower.

5/21 broke surface remove dome. Not sure if true but seen a YouTube video that was from 2017 that claimed grodan removed the ingredient that caused the problem with ph everyone hated , he was allowed to reveal it, yet it's never changed in label. Anyways I soak my cubes in Europonic - Rockwool Conditioner. It doesn't tell you any NPK value just premium blend of pH controls and mineral salts. It can go upwards of a week before needing anything as the the cubes retain water and air. Supposedly feeds them as well first time I tried I was blown away. But here's one day after transplant, dome removed.

IMG_20210521_231817875.jpg

Back
Top Bottom