420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By XiwsX561

I am not exactly under t5s; I am under hybrid full spectrum LEDs in a T5 like configuration, putting about 30k LUX on my girls. A T5HO could only dream of being this effective. This is all the info I am giving though, since they are not sponsored lights they are not to be highlighted as part of this grow. When I get to bloom we will be putting them under sponsored lights for the duration. I will keep them under this inferior light until my bloom room frees up, and the distance I am running them is not translatable to any other light... but my journal makes it clear that I have been ramping up the light intensity at the canopy since this grow began.
Thought u didn't go with the hybrid bulbs just the 5000k? I did find LED higher then 5k. And my lumens do convert to 30k lux not sure what size blast u have. Confused on how distance is different we usually measure in inches and feet lol. But I will follow up on your journal ya not specifically talking about a brand or nothing just a type. Perhaps it's the temperature 6500k to 5000k that makes for the adjustment. Note. I did run not the hybrid led t5 fs+UV a little long when I totally forgot I had a cloner under it no roots fries to crisp. Rooted ones love it. Reason I asked node spacing was that is what I'm used to with LED figured they would stretch a bit before leveling out. Again I'll follow up in your journal. The botanigard u used was es wp22 or Maxx. There is a regiment u can use from seedling or clone on. Wondered if u did that. And any suggestion on pot top going up from solos or what I can do to still drain but not let any get into rhizosphere via the bottom holes. Don't ask me how but a juvi was crawling around the rim of the solo. In my soil not as many adult winged ones if any compared to coco. They are all in Saucers and I don't have any that leave the soil so I dunno how there were getting around. Sticky traps near coco tons sticky trap in soil room not 1. Always scared to try new things like IPMs with out someone slightly educated and experienced themselves. Don't wanna lose anymore 1 seedling was enough

Thought u didn't go with the hybrid bulbs just the 5000k? I did find LED higher then 5k. And my lumens do convert to 30k lux not sure what size blast u have. Confused on how distance is different we usually measure in inches and feet lol. But I will follow up on your journal ya not specifically talking about a brand or nothing just a type. Perhaps it's the temperature 6500k to 5000k that makes for the adjustment. Note. I did run not the hybrid led t5 fs+UV a little long when I totally forgot I had a cloner under it no roots fries to crisp. Rooted ones love it. Reason I asked node spacing was that is what I'm used to with LED figured they would stretch a bit before leveling out. Again I'll follow up in your journal. The botanigard u used was es wp22 or Maxx. There is a regiment u can use from seedling or clone on. Wondered if u did that. And any suggestion on pot top going up from solos or what I can do to still drain but not let any get into rhizosphere via the bottom holes. Don't ask me how but a juvi was crawling around the rim of the solo. In my soil not as many adult winged ones if any compared to coco. They are all in Saucers and I don't have any that leave the soil so I dunno how there were getting around. Sticky traps near coco tons sticky trap in soil room not 1. Always scared to try new things like IPMs with out someone slightly educated and experienced themselves. Don't wanna lose anymore 1 seedling was enough
This grow is all about the sponsors. I am not going to further discuss my silly inferior old technology mixed with new technology, veg lights. We already have talked about them, and they obviously work, but any further discussion is for another day and another place.

I have wp22 on standby, but I have not used it yet, and since that company is not yet a sponsor, I don't really want to discuss that product either. That was to deal with aphids on a previous grow anyway, and as long as they don't come back, I don't have to do the PPE thing in my rooms. So far I just have fungus gnats putting up a brave struggle, and I am fighting them with the mosquito dunks, yellow sticky cards, diatomaceous earth and no-pest strips. I may use a stronger soil based solution, like nematodes, if necessary... I am not taking these bugs into bloom. So far, I am confident that the present methods are working well but I will further evaluate after I uppot this next time. I am still kicking myself for not taking SNS up on their offer for this grow.

Pot training is a complete subject unto its own and there are so many methods and techniques available and that various people are using in this comparative grow, that I don't feel comfortable advising you to use one over the other. Some members are quadlining, which is a very popular way of doing things, some are simply using LST, I am topping so often my plants are going to get afraid of the sight of me with scissors coming at them. Hopefully my journal is describing my process well enough to follow along and to be able to learn my method, and I will be happy to answer any questions on the technique in the journal.

This grow is all about the sponsors. I am not going to further discuss my silly inferior old technology mixed with new technology, veg lights. We already have talked about them, and they obviously work, but any further discussion is for another day and another place.

I have wp22 on standby, but I have not used it yet, and since that company is not yet a sponsor, I don't really want to discuss that product either. That was to deal with aphids on a previous grow anyway, and as long as they don't come back, I don't have to do the PPE thing in my rooms. So far I just have fungus gnats putting up a brave struggle, and I am fighting them with the mosquito dunks, yellow sticky cards, diatomaceous earth and no-pest strips. I may use a stronger soil based solution, like nematodes, if necessary... I am not taking these bugs into bloom. So far, I am confident that the present methods are working well but I will further evaluate after I uppot this next time. I am still kicking myself for not taking SNS up on their offer for this grow.

Pot training is a complete subject unto its own and there are so many methods and techniques available and that various people are using in this comparative grow, that I don't feel comfortable advising you to use one over the other. Some members are quadlining, which is a very popular way of doing things, some are simply using LST, I am topping so often my plants are going to get afraid of the sight of me with scissors coming at them. Hopefully my journal is describing my process well enough to follow along and to be able to learn my method, and I will be happy to answer any questions on the technique in the journal.
Ask if they can still send you some in their thread Sierra Natural Science: Organic Pest, Disease & Weed Control Support

Hi X hope you are well.
Found this for outdoor hydro system.
I know you have been looking for something like this.
Have a great day.
Bill

Haven't heard from you in awhile. Everything going well?
He is busy killing bugs.
GSC still looking good though. HeHe. :Namaste:
Bill

Hey RX Blend, I'm using your line in coco for the GSC comparative grow, and I have a question do suggest mixing daily or does it hold up in a reservoir? I'm currently doing two soil and 3 coco but I like to incorporate microbe compost tea and Hi Brix into my regiment. How would you suggest I add it in with your nutrients in this medium? Usually in coco I feed daily with every watering some lines do a feed feed water and start over. Or if anyone has any input plz I'm all ears to hear what's worked for you.
Hey, @XiwsX561 I've been looking at your thread....... daily.......???????
Are you ever going to post something about your grow????
Now! Your asking a sponsor about feeding, and you have nothing in your journal?
Plenty of growing going on with a lot of information!!!
So....

:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::eye-roll::eye-roll::eye-roll::straightface:

7/4 - Ok @Furcifer here a Pascifier oh look I made a rhyme hehe. gotta ruin surprises have some secret stuff in the works topped one in soil and one in coco yesterday. Can you guys tell which is in soil with geoflora and which ones are in coco with RX???

20210706_042943.jpg

20210706_042851.jpg

20210706_042843.jpg

20210706_042840.jpg

20210706_042825.jpg

7/4 - Ok @Furcifer here a Pascifier oh look I made a rhyme hehe. gotta ruin surprises have some secret stuff in the works topped one in soil and one in coco yesterday. Can you guys tell which is in soil with geoflora and which ones are in coco with RX???

20210706_042943.jpg

20210706_042851.jpg

20210706_042843.jpg

20210706_042840.jpg

20210706_042825.jpg
Your going to need 2x4,s to hold up those trimmed arms ,nice work. :adore:
Bill

Your going to need 2x4,s to hold up those trimmed arms ,nice work. :adore:
Bill
Lol na final two clones to comes off take back to first nodes but I have 5 plants besides the 1st node which I tried to put it in a place to get more light but also didn't want it covering that node site where I'll make my final cut but I believe I get 8-10 cuts per plant really would need to scrog but I think I can if I get enough to take do two tables and then ima actually sugar black rose they have. Been in buckets 4 months?? Not much space in there and tops where touching lamps and burning

So just goin to take as many cuts from as I can I can always restart one in dwc from clone or I can remove the bottom shelf take the one out I took the most cuts from and maybe just maybe gaining that foot -18" and just super crop the heck out of them might be able to flower it in there or I do have a full Closet on otherside that was supposed to..be for mom's just over the less I over to that side.

@Emilya I'm worried my cleaning and still having plants else where in vegative state that there's possibly still some root aphids somewhere where it be an adult looking fungus gnat, winterized eggs, or a crawling juvenile. Did you use the MAXX,ES, or WP formula of the spore that kills them? Even tho some of my crop made it to the end everything was still effected. Thus deeming it all trash. Ones that made it lowered their quality and yields ans opened their defenses for pathogens, ones that are usually easily avoidable/curable like PM, even with a perfect environment as far as air circulation temp and humidity it allowed botrytis to set in not full on with white fuzz but where stalls became week and stems within bud sites color was off. In some cases there was botrytis blight or fools PM a dry crusty like version that looks like PM. It's been a nightmare. I have seen a few fungus gnat adults but not finding any larva leads me to believe they are aphids. I'm not skilled enough under a microscope to tell the difference between the two, when I recover one it's usually between my fingers and hard to see If the legs are still intact, yellow sticky traps do very little to monitor them. In my genetics tent all soil I never found 1 flyer, yet in flowering area in coco I seen plenty. Juveniles also floated to the top during watering.

The most I do is clean my rooms with bleach and bake my soil in the oven. This time though, even after being so careful to bake my soils, I still got fungus gnats. So when it came time to put them in the final containers, I just went out and bought 5 bags of Ocean Forest, and used it, without any treatment. I have resigned myself to always treating for bugs proactively, by using periodic soil drenches and foliar sprays. I can still do this organically, and not worry too much about the bugs. If I need the heavy duty stuff I have it, but I am going to save that for when I have an outbreak that I can't manage... not an empty room.

Yea I mean I have the generic liquid version of merit wp75 but thats like a last resort kills all chemical only used in veg, it's also systemic. But I wanted something somewhat organic but on the heavy side. So just wondered if it was the WP version of Beauveria bassiana strain GHA u used. Rooms empty but if I'm finding gnats near my new seedlings and solos with cutting I'm worried there could be a root aphid in there. Once I up pot to final they will grow faster then can be can be consumed, it's when I go to flip and root growth slowsnir comes to a halt I want a weapon on hand ready to act.

20210706_042943.jpg

20210706_042851.jpg

20210706_042843.jpg

20210706_042840.jpg

20210706_042825.jpg
HAHAHA, I don't do surprises very well...gets my spider senses tingling. Thus activation of defensive measures!
Looks like your trying to supply all the local dispensaries with products to sell.
Looks a little overwhelming but, you the man with a plan.
Sorry about the bug issues.......preventive maintenance works wonders!
Make your grows uninvitable for bugs and the ones that do get in ...don't like it and leave or die!
Good luck and keep us updated!

HAHAHA, I don't do surprises very well...gets my spider senses tingling. Thus activation of defensive measures!
Looks like your trying to supply all the local dispensaries with products to sell.
Looks a little overwhelming but, you the man with a plan.
Sorry about the bug issues.......preventive maintenance works wonders!
Make your grows uninvitable for bugs and the ones that do get in ...don't like it and leave or die!
Good luck and keep us updated!
Lol that's a closet I didn't want to put anywhere near flower room or tent and just different stages looks like more then I'd there. Solos with seeds(autos), rooted cuttings, first Trans plant to 1/2 gal GSC, then gg#4 in 1 gal all under t5 and rather slow bc all soil besides 3, but that's a good thing not ready. Want to try something I've yet to see on here and pretty much goes against what everyone believes and does here. What do you use from start to finish? I was using green cleaner, my mistake was taking a clone from a random rather then my breeder or someone reputable and not investigating 100% ground up was fine.

@Emilya if you only had fungus gnats, your jn luck. Root aphids are top two hardest to eradicate. Only 100% guaranteed way is chop everything wait 3-4 weeks and start over.
Reason I'm worried the 2 gg4 I transplanted from ok m 1/2 to 1 gal I literally root dipped and soaked to make sure to penetrate rhizosphere. And others have an inch of sand on bottom ans nearly the same on top level.

Back
Top Bottom