420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow

doing a bud wash this harvest so if anyone has tips, greatly appreciated!

Last year, I had a Getting close or ready?

I for the life of me cannot remember the order or measurements (try the link above for a reminder). Anyway, it was a hydrogen peroxide wash, lemon juice/citric acid, and then clean water rinse. If only I had a link or something to help me through this again...hmmm...

I then hung them until drip dry. After that, placed all the buds into one of those hanging fabric drying thingymasomethingz.

It was amazing how much stuff came off on my washes. It is worth doing. Sorry but I don't have any good links for you.
I hope that helps somewhat.

Trim took a few days, as we tackled driest to not driest?…in that order. Buds from all 4 plants are in 2 quart jars each for the burp and rearrange pre-cure down to 62% RH. Then into 1/2 oz jars for all for long cure with Boveda. My buds tonight range from 64 (close) to 70%. Those will be dumped over the trim tray once daily and rearranged with a few burps for all. This all happens in my grow cabinet, so takes some time to transition to my next grow. These buds are so sticky the littler ones want to bunch up with the big flowers. Too early for the weight report, but can say popcorn, of which there are few, are terpine/stone amazing. Update with pics soon on my journal and here. I did find a pic of some chaff I pulled from the sugar leaf bag. Even these were great pre-cure. Oh…there will be hash. Cheers
1460D4F6-C9BB-4A95-880F-4E2768AA3246.jpeg

This all happens in my grow cabinet, so takes some time to transition to my next grow.
Great write up and bookmarked! Thank you. I'm getting concerned with the amount of trimming that I look forward to. I may not have a choice but to invite people over for a scissor party...NOT like that! Geez...

After seeing #8 (my outdoor GSC) blow up the past few weeks, I did so some airflow trimming yesterday. Does that count cr8?! Haaa haaaa

Could anyone help me work out why this clone is lighter ino it got abit dry today the soil but has bin like it for a while I put this in with each water bar the one after top up every 2 weeks you think I should give some more bloom?
Forgot to say soil is normal soil from garden ones in that in pot ones in biobizz
20210920_202109.jpg

16321684022151109043328746481044.jpg

First, thanks again to sponsor @Weed Seeds Express for providing great GSC Fem genetic seeds for this comparative grow, @420 for coordinating and hosting the grow and also to the 420 growers here who taught me a lot once again. Harvest update: Day 134 from sprout (19 weeks). Chop was at end of week 16, so Veg 7 weeks, Flower 9 weeks, and dry/cure approximately 3 weeks. I dry and cure in my dark grow cabinet with just the 4” fan pulling in HEPA filtered air down low and out through the carbon filter and vent up top. Conditions are stable at 64F and 50% RH in the unfinished part of my basement, same in the cabinet with no lights, soil, etc. Hang/initial dry was 6-9 days, depending on the plant. I like to dry trim buds at around 68-70% RH. Once buds are trimmed they go into large glass jars with mini humidity gauges. The little gauges vary in accuracy a bit so I first place all of them in a jar with a couple 62% Boveda humidity packs overnight. The next day I select 4 that read closest to 62%. If humidity after being sealed overnight is higher than 72% I will dump trimmed buds on the trim tray to dry out overnight before re-jarring. Once at 72% I then open the jars about twice daily to introduce oxygen for the bacteria and to vent out humidity. I keep up this process until all jars are at 60% RH, then seal tightly and turn off my 4” fan. The glass burp/cure took from 13 to 16 days, now all at 60%. I break down each pheno into 1/2 ozs. and add a Boveda pack to each jar for longer term cure and storage in a cool dark and dry place. The tester buds pinched from the cure jars are smaller but very high quality, sticky, with high terpene smells that vary a bit by plant. This is my 6th grow, so dealt out sixes to all at sprout. Yield update: 6♦️59 grams, 6♣️ 38 grams, 6♥️ 47 grams, 6 ♠️ 49 grams = 6.9 ozs cured organic bud, plus 98 grams (3.5 ozs.) nice sugar leaf trim for hash or butter. I know I smoked at least 3 grams of testers, so calling bud yield 7 ozs. from my 3x3 grow cabinet.
BF2CC952-5C8D-4226-8D9D-1E122A990D06.jpeg

0AEC6909-180C-4B93-9EF8-36F8CAA65C48.jpeg

A352A2E0-B1A4-4355-B3E5-7B9BB100A4BD.jpeg

BE02AE84-F41A-4E61-844F-77BD99B4EA54.jpeg

Pics are from weigh in today. I just remembered I accidentally lost two main bud sites during LST, which explains the 38 gram plant. Planning next grow now. Cheers
3B3B29F1-C378-479B-BAAE-72DD9AEE33DE.jpeg

First, thanks again to sponsor @Weed Seeds Express for providing great GSC Fem genetic seeds for this comparative grow, @420 for coordinating and hosting the grow and also to the 420 growers here who taught me a lot once again. Harvest update: Day 134 from sprout (19 weeks). Chop was at end of week 16, so Veg 7 weeks, Flower 9 weeks, and dry/cure approximately 3 weeks. I dry and cure in my dark grow cabinet with just the 4” fan pulling in HEPA filtered air down low and out through the carbon filter and vent up top. Conditions are stable at 64F and 50% RH in the unfinished part of my basement, same in the cabinet with no lights, soil, etc. Hang/initial dry was 6-9 days, depending on the plant. I like to dry trim buds at around 68-70% RH. Once buds are trimmed they go into large glass jars with mini humidity gauges. The little gauges vary in accuracy a bit so I first place all of them in a jar with a couple 62% Boveda humidity packs overnight. The next day I select 4 that read closest to 62%. If humidity after being sealed overnight is higher than 72% I will dump trimmed buds on the trim tray to dry out overnight before re-jarring. Once at 72% I then open the jars about twice daily to introduce oxygen for the bacteria and to vent out humidity. I keep up this process until all jars are at 60% RH, then seal tightly and turn off my 4” fan. The glass burp/cure took from 13 to 16 days, now all at 60%. I break down each pheno into 1/2 ozs. and add a Boveda pack to each jar for longer term cure and storage in a cool dark and dry place. The tester buds pinched from the cure jars are smaller but very high quality, sticky, with high terpene smells that vary a bit by plant. This is my 6th grow, so dealt out sixes to all at sprout. Yield update: 6♦️59 grams, 6♣️ 38 grams, 6♥️ 47 grams, 6 ♠️ 49 grams = 6.9 ozs cured organic bud, plus 98 grams (3.5 ozs.) nice sugar leaf trim for hash or butter. I know I smoked at least 3 grams of testers, so calling bud yield 7 ozs. from my 3x3 grow cabinet.
BF2CC952-5C8D-4226-8D9D-1E122A990D06.jpeg

0AEC6909-180C-4B93-9EF8-36F8CAA65C48.jpeg

A352A2E0-B1A4-4355-B3E5-7B9BB100A4BD.jpeg

BE02AE84-F41A-4E61-844F-77BD99B4EA54.jpeg

Pics are from weigh in today. I just remembered I accidentally lost two main bud sites during LST, which explains the 38 gram plant. Planning next grow now. Cheers
3B3B29F1-C378-479B-BAAE-72DD9AEE33DE.jpeg
That was an excellent grow cr8! Seriously well done. Great summary post too. My biggest concern is going to be a proper location for the cure. I may not have a choice but do the low and slow in the fridge. It will be my safest bet I think.

prof your pistils have all completely browned off... seems extremely early at only day 44.
Hey, Chef.

Yeah, I thought that it was a bit weird but it wasn't until I saw you comment that I thought that maybe she had been seeded. I just went and starred at her for a while and I think she's fine. There are more pistils coming through now as well so I think I will give her a little more time. This is her on flowering day 51....
DSC01523.JPG
DSC01526.JPG
DSC01529.JPG

Could anyone help me work out why this clone is lighter ino it got abit dry today the soil but has bin like it for a while I put this in with each water bar the one after top up every 2 weeks you think I should give some more bloom?
Forgot to say soil is normal soil from garden ones in that in pot ones in biobizz
20210920_202109.jpg

Did anyone see your colleague's request for grow support? :cheer:

20210920_202109.jpg

The deficiency looks like that of one of the 3 macronutrients. This tells me you are not giving enough feed and it probably isnt just one thing that is lacking. If you are doing anything to limit the feed from what is recommended, stop doing that. If you are giving recommended dosages of nutes, up the dosage by 50% one time and see what happens.

Further thoughts on your difficulty my friend... lets see if we can figure this out.
Is this the only one you have in soil, and also the only one you are having trouble with?
Lastly, this picture staring me right in the face. You have given a strong Ca, Mg and Fe additive... note the word additive, not supplement. hmmm Seems heavy my brother... lets check Mulder.
mulders chart.png

Ca blocks N, but it has been added in the additive... so far ok.
Ca blocks P and K

Fe blocks P

Mg blocks K

So with that additive, you may have set up a double antagonism against P and K... exactly what your symptoms are saying is happening.

It very well could be that this strong additive has caused a P and K lockout.

Surprised no one else is chiming in, but let me end with another question. Please forgive my ignorance but please remind us what the medium and the nutrient system is... and then if this is indeed the problem, we can figure out the best way to fix this.
Me too, I've been unpleasantly surprised at the lack of comradeship in this thread helping each other, posting harvest pics, talking about the grow, etc. I even left the link at top of the forums this whole time to encourage more participation. We may need to set some conditions for the next one, to ensure we have more team players involved. The CEO of the company should not be bumping support requests, and you should not be the only one offering advice.

Hey @Ljb1 Sorry to hear your plant is not happier. I was going to say it looked like a deficiency but @Emilya has provided far better advice than I could. Keep us posted how it goes!

My more sativa GSC is now in its final days of darkness. I'll be harvesting in the next couple of days. Pictures to follow. I hope everyone is doing well.

Me too, I've been unpleasantly surprised at the lack of comradeship in this thread helping each other, posting harvest pics, talking about the grow, etc.
Sorry you feel that way. I unfortunately cannot offer more support in many cases. I am far too ignorant with most of the questions I see posted. I am still learning myself and not quite confident in how to respond.

I will be posting a fairly in depth discussion and help request soon. Getting pics uploaded shortly. I will see what I can do to post more updates here as well.

Back
Top Bottom