420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow

I follow a lot of threads, so many in fact that there is no way that I can daily keep up with all the threads I have touched. I did miss this call for help when it was first issued but quickly came in when I saw that @420 had requested our assistance in this matter. I do want it known that if ANYONE wants my help or my opinion and gives me a call by @tagging me, on any thread, I will always come running and will devote my full time and attention to your issue until it is resolved. This is how I have always done it and as long as I am able to, I always will. That, after all, is what family does for one another and we are indeed a family here at 420 Magazine, like none other.
:circle-of-love:

Could anyone help me work out why this clone is lighter ino it got abit dry today the soil but has bin like it for a while I put this in with each water bar the one after top up every 2 weeks you think I should give some more bloom?
Forgot to say soil is normal soil from garden ones in that in pot ones in biobizz
20210920_202109.jpg

16321684022151109043328746481044.jpg
At quick first glance, my suggestion would be to check for spider mites if nutrients are in order. My northern lights used to get hit by mites and would normally have a similar look, check on the greener leaves that are just barely getting the spotted brown marks, if they’re present, that’s where they will be most easily seen, the yellower leaves usually have already had damage done and they move on to the next set of leaves after that. I’ve found they go for middle/lower growth over new top growth. Hopefully not the case but something is be looking at with a close eye for sure.

Harvest...Now or Later?! Big update post. Link below.
Damage Control Harvest Situation

Botritus and Caterpillars...I need to incorporate a better solution before next season. Urgh...

Due to how far along the rot has been able to advance, personally for me, that would indicate harvest before losing more of the plant.. I have a few plants in my greenhouse and they’re getting chopped this weekend due to the high humidity levels, rot is starting to get some sections of the plants.. my big plant that I was expecting 3+ pounds from I’ll be lucky to save a pound from, and due to how early I need to cut, it won’t be worth selling off, I do have plenty of smoke from indoors though soo I guess this year I’ll have a massive batch of bubble hash :hmmmm:

What an amazing journey we are on together, showcasing everyone's different styles and processes!

I've been watching everyone's journals, a few of you have already finished and are drying/curing now.

There are still some of you getting started, had some issues and started again, or expanded into growing more.

I'll be making congratulatory rounds soon, and we'll start checking and moving them to completed soon.

How many of you are in or close to NorCal for a taste test and smoke out with some of us maybe in a month or two?
Mannnnnn, I wishhh I lived even remotely close to there, simply participating in this comparative grow was amazing in itself, having the opportunity to have a smoke sesh with the founder and other members would be on a whole other level of awesomeness! If there’s ever a get together in the New England area however, I’ll figure a way to make it there!:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

Mannnnnn, I wishhh I lived even remotely close to there, simply participating in this comparative grow was amazing in itself, having the opportunity to have a smoke sesh with the founder and other members would be on a whole other level of awesomeness! If there’s ever a get together in the New England area however, I’ll figure a way to make it there!:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:
Ditto Cam

Here is an updated list of the grows still in progress, completed and/or abandoned.

@BakedARea: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BakedARea
@Baron Von Blurple: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Baron Von Blurple
@beez0404: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Beez0404 - Completed
@Bill284: 420 Magazine Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Bill284 - Abandoned
@bobrown14: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BoBrown14 - Completed
@BooWho2: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by BooWho2 - Completed
@Brett Blaze: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Brett Blaze - Completed
@Camaro1691: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Camaro1691
@ChefDGreen: 420Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ChefDGreen
@CigNv: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By CigNv
@CO Finest: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by CO Finest
@cr8grow: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Cr8grow - Completed
@Dean's Greens: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Dean's Greens
@DonkeyDick: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By DonkeyDick
@Emilya: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya - Completed
@Freak Brothers: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Freak Brothers - Completed
@Furcifer: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Furcifer
@Fuzzy Duck: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Fuzzy Duck - Completed
@HashGirl: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl
@Jack420: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Jack420
@Joshualuck: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Joshualuck - Completed
@Ljb1: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Ljb1
@Lil Merkaba: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Lil Merkaba
@Lime: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Lime - Abandoned
@Magnus8: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Magnus8 - Abandoned
@MochaBud: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By MochaBud - Abandoned
@Modest Grower: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Modest Grower
@MotaFina: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Motafina - Completed
@Moto258: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Moto258
@MrsJack420: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By MrsJack420
@ProfessorFlora: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ProfessorFlora
@Schnookie: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Schnookie - Completed
@Slammy Pajama: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Slammy Pajama
@VetSmoke85: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By VetSmoke85 - Completed
@Websissy: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Websissy - Completed
@XiwsX561: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by XiwsX561

Please keep an eye out for your colleagues, in case they need any help or support :thanks:

Happy Monday! My pre press finally showed up so I smashed some of my GSC that was curing. I've done two runs now and it seems like a great nug for rosin. The chocolate fragrance is way stronger after I pressed it.

I haven't tried any yet but I'll probably spread some on a joint of GSC tonight. I didn't weigh the puck or resulting rosin as I need a digital scale but I'm happy just by looking at it.

20210927_182136.jpg
20210927_183542.jpg
20210927_185037.jpg

Happy Monday! My pre press finally showed up so I smashed some of my GSC that was curing. I've done two runs now and it seems like a great nug for rosin. The chocolate fragrance is way stronger after I pressed it.

I haven't tried any yet but I'll probably spread some on a joint of GSC tonight. I didn't weigh the puck or resulting rosin as I need a digital scale but I'm happy just by looking at it.

20210927_182136.jpg
20210927_183542.jpg
20210927_185037.jpg
That's awesome! Looks so yummy! I got one of those pre-presses too. I want to try it and my press already! Just got it setup last night finally.

How "ready" were the buds you took out from the cure jar to press? Im chomping at the bit to give it a go but not sure what grade the flower should be to be pressed.

Also, I picked up a really good digital scale with 0.00 gram resolution for less than $20 on Amazom. I MIGHT have another cheaper one laying around if you want it. LMK

That's awesome! Looks so yummy! I got one of those pre-presses too. I want to try it and my press already! Just got it setup last night finally.

How "ready" were the buds you took out from the cure jar to press? Im chomping at the bit to give it a go but not sure what grade the flower should be to be pressed.

Also, I picked up a really good digital scale with 0.00 gram resolution for less than $20 on Amazom. I MIGHT have another cheaper one laying around if you want it. LMK
I would say the buds I pressed were pretty ready. I'd have to look back and see how long they have been curing but safe to say 2+ weeks. I am almost done harvesting my last GSC and I really want to press that one. It smells like what I remember pink starbursts smell like so I am curious to see how it dries and cures. I appreciate the offer but ill just pick one up here locally next time I'm out and about. I really need to get a vaporizer so I can start enjoying it!

20210927_182136.jpg
20210927_183542.jpg
20210927_185037.jpg
Tommy wanty…

Some quick pics of some buds I cut down a couple days ago but wasn't able to finish trimming. They've been in the fridge the whole time. This GSC is so damn sticky! This is from #8, the outdoor plant at an estimated 56 days of bloom. I butchered some of these buds but in the end, it is worth it to ensure there isn't any mold. Into the fridge they go!

Hey @BakedARea I have used SNS244C with great success in controlling Powdery mildew and bud rot this year. I give them a good spraying of it every few days or a couple times a week in the evenings. I use a 1 gallon power sprayer and it has worked great. I even picked up their 5 gallon bucket of it so I can apply it regularly to everything. Safer has worked well for controlling pretty much every soft body bug I have seen. Good luck and congrats on your harvest!

20210927_182136.jpg
20210927_183542.jpg
20210927_185037.jpg
question about pressing vs infusing in oil ... does the bud need to be conditioned/cured prior to decarbing/pressing or is it usable as is?

question about pressing vs infusing in oil ... does the bud need to be conditioned/cured prior to decarbing/pressing or is it usable as is?
Hey. I think you only need to decarb the flower if you are infusing your oil and want the effects. If you pressing for rosin, you don't decarb. You do it afterward IF you want to use I for capsules, edibles, etc.

I hope I answered this correctly for you. If not, we'll get some schooling soon I'm sure. Haa haa. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom