420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow

I am a little confused about this GSC strain because the weedseedexpress website says that it is derived from crossing OG Kush with Durban Poison and is 80% Indica and 20% Sativa but from what I can find on the Internet OG Kush is 55% Sativa dominant and Durban Poison is a landrace pure Sativa strain so how does one get 80% Indica from combining these two strains that are Sativa dominant.

I ask because I have lots of hybrid strains in jars but I am running low on a good sedating Indica so if this is a nice sedating Indica I would probably grow more of it so has anybody ever grown this strain previously and know its characteristics?
Homer, GSC is my favorite strain since 1976-1982. The last few years I traveled around many miles to dispensaries and paid dearly before deciding to start growing when it went legal...like you. My first grow was GSC fem photo and it was amazing. Several phenos and all great. GSC is a hybrid with slightly indica back. I consider it a good anytime and very euphoric upfront. Sociable and creative. Then relaxing...a bit more could lead to heavy eyelids. Growing wise a great indica structure...my favorite with fat dense triangle frosty stinky and often purple buds. So easy to grow. I’m looking forward to the WSE GSC comparative grow. Love the still.

OG Kush is one of my favorites and is a very high Indica dominant strain. It has the original Pakistani Kush in it's lineage which is 100% Indica. Most of the OG Kush I have seen is around 75% or higher. I've had the GSC before but that was like a 1000 highs ago so it's not even a memory anymore.

Homer, GSC is my favorite strain since 1976-1982. The last few years I traveled around many miles to dispensaries and paid dearly before deciding to start growing when it went legal...like you. My first grow was GSC fem photo and it was amazing. Several phenos and all great. GSC is a hybrid with slightly indica back. I consider it a good anytime and very euphoric upfront. Sociable and creative. Then relaxing...a bit more could lead to heavy eyelids. Growing wise a great indica structure...my favorite with fat dense triangle frosty stinky and often purple buds. So easy to grow. I’m looking forward to the WSE GSC comparative grow. Love the still.
:drool:

Thanks for the info cr8grow. Sounds pretty enticing. Being restricted to four plants makes being picky about my strains a necessity but you make her sound worth it.

OG Kush is one of my favorites and is a very high Indica dominant strain. It has the original Pakistani Kush in it's lineage which is 100% Indica. Most of the OG Kush I have seen is around 75% or higher. I've had the GSC before but that was like a 1000 highs ago so it's not even a memory anymore.

Interesting you say OG is a very high Indica and you may very well be right but I was going by this link I found saying it is 55% Sativa. It seems to have a pretty murky background where they aren't really even sure where it came from and I wouldn't be surprised if there are various phenotypes of it with varying ratios. I hope the one they used to make GSC is the more Indica leaning. :oops:

GSC is my favorite strain since 1976-1982
Uhhhhh...I thought GSC was created in the Bay Area of California around 2012.

Here is an article about it origins. At least that is what I have always believed. Do you all know something I don't?

GSC Origins

I'm with ya on the frustration my friend! I have so many unknown seeds in the vault that I'm unsure of the original origins of any from this point. Have gotten most seeds I own from black market and even then I would label them by the strain name given at the time and so far everyone I've grown so far is something different haha. I guess it's time to sell the house and buy these fancy gadgets I've been seeing go for upwards of 17 thousand dollars!! Thanks for that info BakedARea I'm still in the dark but now I might have some light at this tunnel!

I'm with ya on the frustration my friend! I have so many unknown seeds in the vault that I'm unsure of the original origins of any from this point. Have gotten most seeds I own from black market and even then I would label them by the strain name given at the time and so far everyone I've grown so far is something different haha. I guess it's time to sell the house and buy these fancy gadgets I've been seeing go for upwards of 17 thousand dollars!! Thanks for that info BakedARea I'm still in the dark but now I might have some light at this tunnel!
Oh and this message is only being produced due to my last message being my 666th message on 420 Magazine. ( Hint I kinda want some good karma before my eyes close thus fine morning so 667 seems right!)

Oh and this message is only being produced due to my last message being my 666th message on 420 Magazine. ( Hint I kinda want some good karma before my eyes close thus fine morning so 667 seems right!)
Got one more?
668, the neighbour of the beast.

Uhhhhh...I thought GSC was created in the Bay Area of California around 2012.

Here is an article about it origins. At least that is what I have always believed. Do you all know something I don't?

GSC Origins
GSC was much later...apologies for the confusion. 1976-1982 I was smoking very fine Columbian Gold and Red, Michoacán and Acapulco Gold, plus red Moroccan, blond Lebanese and black Nepalise hash. That all dried up about 1980. 1982 was the first skunk and it was unlike anything we had ever seen or experienced. GSC is my favorite strain since 1976-1982. PS...the Columbian was $40/oz and the first skunk was $300/oz. That grower must have made a fortune after the 1980 weed drought...damn DEA should have focused on cocaine.

Got one more?
668, the neighbour of the beast.
Hot damn! Good news tho I tokked on northern lights hash that's been curing for some time now before I went to sleep and even if i was greeted by some sort of evil just my Ora of Jane in my brain made him run the other way and the coma affect allowed me to forget my worries as well! Can't wait to put these GSC's in the good ol hash form.

GSC was much later...apologies for the confusion. 1976-1982 I was smoking very fine Columbian Gold and Red, Michoacán and Acapulco Gold, plus red Moroccan, blond Lebanese and black Nepalise hash. That all dried up about 1980. 1982 was the first skunk and it was unlike anything we had ever seen or experienced. GSC is my favorite strain since 1976-1982. PS...the Columbian was $40/oz and the first skunk was $300/oz. That grower must have made a fortune after the 1980 weed drought...damn DEA should have focused on cocaine.
Wow I remember those days. Actually no I don't.:eye-roll:

@Homer Simpson - GSC is also one of my favourite strains and I personally prefer sativas as I'm always looking for that euphoric high.

I don't find GSC to be a couch-lock high. It's a sociable, fun strain in my opinion.

Although, that said, I believe most strains will at least end with a couch-lock high, whether it starts that way or not.

@Homer Simpson - GSC is also one of my favourite strains and I personally prefer sativas as I'm always looking for that euphoric high.

I don't find GSC to be a couch-lock high. It's a sociable, fun strain in my opinion.

Although, that said, I believe most strains will at least end with a couch-lock high, whether it starts that way or not.
Thanks for the input on your opinion of GSC #HashGirl. I believe you are right that to a lesser or greater degree all strains ultimately end in couch lock but I do find Indicas more so especially for me NL giving a good night’s sleep.

My dream which is seeming more improbable all the time is to find a Sativa with that fabled espresso head high for daytime to keep me active and productive and for nighttime that sedating Indica which will lull me into a tranquil night’s sleep. Or that I could mix-and-match depending on circumstance.

So far NL I find is my best night time med but so far all the hybrids like Gorilla Glue, Bruce Banner, Amnesia, White Widow, if taken in the morning I spend most of my day with my lazy ass glued to my recliner even though they are not as couch locking as my NL. I understand my mileage may vary though because I do edibles.

So recently I tried to grow some pure Sativa but two out of two of my Super Lemon Haze didn’t sprout so I’ll just keep plugging along at that. Basically, I’m content with what I have now strain-wise but it’s fun to try out new strains and I’m really looking forward to sometime soon growing a pure Sativa to see if I can find a hint of the fabled espresso feeling Sativa of legends I have heard. After the GSC of course.

Legit OG Kush is mostly Indica, if not all, and is a very lethargic high. Girl Scout Cookies is more of an upper, with a happy, balanced high. However, if you wait to harvest until the trichomes are fully amber and then some, you can achieve more of an Indica high from GSC. Curing techniques can also achieve even more.
I believe the critical word in your statement is legit because I think what has thrown me for a loop is that I grew a supposed OG Kush and although it was a beautiful plant I didn’t find it a particularly lethargic high so from everyone’s responses I am beginning to suspect the OG Kush I had was not legit but some kind of a Sativa leaning hybrid.

The way people describe and seem to love GSC I am definitely looking forward to growing it. Thanks.

I believe the critical word in your statement is legit because I think what has thrown me for a loop is that I grew a supposed OG Kush and although it was a beautiful plant I didn’t find it a particularly lethargic high so from everyone’s responses I am beginning to suspect the OG Kush I had was not legit but some kind of a Sativa leaning hybrid.

The way people describe and seem to love GSC I am definitely looking forward to growing it. Thanks.
I always say legit, because most of what is circulating is not legit OG Kush. The strain was mostly controlled by B Real and his crew in LA back in the 90's and early 2000's, until someone started selling clones of it to the public at the Sunset shop in West Hollywood back in 2006. I used to shoot gardens of it regularly, but didn't smoke it that often, only when hanging with B and his crew. Weed sit around with our jaws dropped and tongues hanging out of our mouths attempting to speak fluently lol

The whole reason I decided to do this grow was to get GSC circulating back into the field, as I've been having a terrible time finding the strain anywhere in California. Even tried going direct to the original breeder Berner (Cookies) through his close friends, with no luck. It seems everyone wants to be unique these days, so they're crossing everything to create new strains they can put their brand on. Plus it's not a great yielder unless you really know what you're doing, so those looking for maximum weight are not easily impressed. It's all about quality and high over quantity for me, assuming it's that way for many of you as well.

Girl Scout Cookies is my favorite go to strain for any and all occasions; keeping me happy, focused, motivated, energetic and optimistic throughout my workday, as well as socializing. It relaxes me when I'm stressed, and most importantly keeps me from strangling knuckleheads and trolls. It also helps me pass out at the end of the night; either a full bag of GSC vapors from the Volcano or a couple of deep hits from the vape pen and I'm out for the count.

Here's to hoping you love it as much as I do :passitleft:

Here are the journals started so far...

@BakedARea: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BakedARea
@Baron Von Blurple: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Baron Von Blurple
@beez0404: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Beez0404
@Bill284: 420 Magazine Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Bill284
@bobrown14: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BoBrown14
@BooWho2: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by BooWho2
@Camaro1691: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Camaro1691
@CigNv: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Cig
@CO Finest: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by CO Finest
@cr8grow: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Cr8grow
@Dano999: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Dano999
@Dean's Greens: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Dean's Greens
@DonkeyDick: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By DonkeyDick
@Freak Brothers: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Freak Brothers
@Fuzzy Duck: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Fuzzy Duck
@Jack420: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Jack420
@Joshualuck: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Joshualuck
@Justin Goody: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Justin Goody
@Kismet : 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Kismet
@Ljb1: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Ljb1
@Lime: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Lime
@MochaBud: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By MochaBud
@MotaFina: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Motafina
@Moto258: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Moto258
@MrsJack420: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By MrsJack420
@ProfessorFlora: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ProfessorFlora
@Schnookie: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Schnookie
@VetSmoke85: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By VetSmoke85
@Websissy: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Websissy

Still waiting on new journals to begin...

@Lil Merkaba
@HashGirl
@ChefDGreen
@Emilya
@Homer Simpson
@Slammy Pajama
@Furcifer
@Norcaliwood
@Modest Grower
@Magnus8
@XiwsX561
Please let us know if you've started your new journal with a link to it here :thanks:

I always say legit, because most of what is circulating is not legit OG Kush. The strain was mostly controlled by B Real and his crew in LA back in the 90's and early 2000's, until someone started selling clones of it to the public at the Sunset shop in West Hollywood back in 2006. I used to shoot gardens of it regularly, but didn't smoke it that often, only when hanging with B and his crew. Weed sit around with our jaws dropped and tongues hanging out of our mouths attempting to speak fluently lol

The whole reason I decided to do this grow was to get GSC circulating back into the field, as I've been having a terrible time finding the strain anywhere in California. Even tried going direct to the original breeder Berner (Cookies) through his close friends, with no luck. It seems everyone wants to be unique these days, so they're crossing everything to create new strains they can put their brand on. Plus it's not a great yielder unless you really know what you're doing, so those looking for maximum weight are not easily impressed. It's all about quality and high over quantity for me, assuming it's that way for many of you as well.

Girl Scout Cookies is my favorite go to strain for any and all occasions; keeping me happy, focused, motivated, energetic and optimistic throughout my workday, as well as socializing. It relaxes me when I'm stressed, and most importantly keeps me from strangling knuckleheads and trolls. It also helps me pass out at the end of the night; either a full bag of GSC vapors from the Volcano or a couple of deep hits from the vape pen and I'm out for the count.

Thank you for sharing this side of your story! Awesome history lesson. Much appreciated and really bummed that the Cookies Fam didn't get some sorted out for you.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I have been keenly anticipating the opportunity to compare my grow method against others in this comparison grow but after reading your and everyone else’s opinions of the GSC strain, I am just as excited about growing it. Thanks for sharing everyone.

Back
Top Bottom