420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow

50 days of veg. Stunted purposefully in 1 gallon pots. Well be up potting this weekend likely into 5's and start training. #quads except #3 had a tip broken off in a move.

20210529_155003.jpg

Can we use this thread to ask general growing questions of the other growers rather than having to post the same question on everyone's journal? If not, that's fine but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Can we use this thread to ask general growing questions of the other growers rather than having to post the same question on everyone's journal? If not, that's fine but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
I've been thinking about that, almost included it with my last post but thought it would take away from everyone's journals. You know how some people tend to get sidetracked, next thing ya know they're posting 75% of their content here, instead of their journal. It does make sense though, since 40 of you can tend to one call for support here in this thread. Thank you for bringing it up and confirming my thoughts.

Let's try it out and see how it goes :high-five:

Next comparison will be more organize and efficient, after we get through all of these learning curves.

Okay. :thanks: Here are the questions I have:

1. Are all the growers planning on topping all of their plants? Is anyone planning on letting them grow naturally?
  2. Approximately how old are/were the plants when you're going to (or have) flip(ped) them to flower?
  3. For those using GeoFlora, could you please let us know what issues or tips you have for using it?

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks, everyone.

1. Are all the growers planning on topping all of their plants? Is anyone planning on letting them grow naturally?
  2. Approximately how old are/were the plants when you're going to (or have) flip(ped) them to flower?
  3. For those using GeoFlora, could you please let us know what issues or tips you have for using it?

Flipped after 7 weeks. 3 gallon pot to fill a 2x2 tent. Close to doubled in height through stretch.

Hey HashGirl! My plans are to fill up a 4x4 tent from corner to corner so I ended up topping to achieve the possibilities. I also grow for yield most the time due to over consumption so topping makes huge sense to me.
I'm shooting for about a 2 month maybe longer veg time depending on how badly I decide to stress them to achieve the structure for the main stauks. But I also have one other girl scout cookie ladie I'm saving to start another journal for @GeoFlora Nutrients which will be getting a much longer veg time. She will end up being the one I put most attention to soon to grow one plant in my 5x5 tent. I'll try and start that journal very soon since she's been in pictures with the two girl scout cookies that plan on filling the 4x4. Hopefully I can figure out how to start another one!
As for @GeoFlora Nutrients I'm having great results! Other than the normal wear and tear of normal plant stresses I've seen only calcium and magnesium deficiency in some leaves and that was most likely my fault as I got lazy instead of weighing out the calcium magnesium iron supplement for my RO I started using the teaspoon wand again so my ppm levels were off from the normal 200 I've been giving them now for about a week. I've also noticed that the nutrients are pretty fast acting as long as you start to notice the yellowing on the leaves and do all the math for the correct soil ratio when adding them then Geoflora does most the hard labor of not having to add anything else to the feeding regimen. I have not had to top dress with nutrients yet so I'm thinking they got the science down pretty well when it comes to break down of nutrients, and the amount needed to achieve greatness. I can go on and on lol can't wait till my ladies are ready for final containers so I'm able to add in the drip system to use the nutrients to their advantage and not have to keep cleaning my drip lines from so much build up. Great stuff!

I will be topping all my plants between nodes 4 and 5 and will continue pruning the dominant growth tips, doubling them on each cut, eventually increasing the node count to 32 or more.

I plan on vegging for 2 months before flipping to bloom in 7 gallon containers.

The hardest thing for me using Geoflora is remembering when it is time to apply the top dressing again. Be sure to log your last feeding day so that when that watering day comes around two weeks from then, you will know if you should give the Geoflora a day or two early or late, to correspond with the watering. I am now using a day's counter app on my cell phone to help me keep track of any group of plants and know right where I am at at a glance.

Flipped after 7 weeks. 3 gallon pot to fill a 2x2 tent. Close to doubled in height through stretch.

Thank you, Vet. Did you top it? And, if you did, do you recall how old they were?

Hey HashGirl! My plans are to fill up a 4x4 tent from corner to corner so I ended up topping to achieve the possibilities. I also grow for yield most the time due to over consumption so topping makes huge sense to me.
I'm shooting for about a 2 month maybe longer veg time depending on how badly I decide to stress them to achieve the structure for the main stauks. But I also have one other girl scout cookie ladie I'm saving to start another journal for @GeoFlora Nutrients which will be getting a much longer veg time. She will end up being the one I put most attention to soon to grow one plant in my 5x5 tent. I'll try and start that journal very soon since she's been in pictures with the two girl scout cookies that plan on filling the 4x4. Hopefully I can figure out how to start another one!
As for @GeoFlora Nutrients I'm having great results! Other than the normal wear and tear of normal plant stresses I've seen only calcium and magnesium deficiency in some leaves and that was most likely my fault as I got lazy instead of weighing out the calcium magnesium iron supplement for my RO I started using the teaspoon wand again so my ppm levels were off from the normal 200 I've been giving them now for about a week. I've also noticed that the nutrients are pretty fast acting as long as you start to notice the yellowing on the leaves and do all the math for the correct soil ratio when adding them then Geoflora does most the hard labor of not having to add anything else to the feeding regimen. I have not had to top dress with nutrients yet so I'm thinking they got the science down pretty well when it comes to break down of nutrients, and the amount needed to achieve greatness. I can go on and on lol can't wait till my ladies are ready for final containers so I'm able to add in the drip system to use the nutrients to their advantage and not have to keep cleaning my drip lines from so much build up. Great stuff!

Thanks for this info, Mota. I've had it pretty easy so far using nutes in my grows in that, I haven't had any major problems but this is my first time using GeoFlora so I just want to make sure I know what's what before I start using it more regularly.

I don't figure out PPM and I've never had to add additional nutes to balance out any issues. Math is not my strong suit so I much prefer one easy nute that has everything the plant needs.

I will be topping all my plants between nodes 4 and 5 and will continue pruning the dominant growth tips, doubling them on each cut, eventually increasing the node count to 32 or more.

I plan on vegging for 2 months before flipping to bloom in 7 gallon containers.

The hardest thing for me using Geoflora is remembering when it is time to apply the top dressing again. Be sure to log your last feeding day so that when that watering day comes around two weeks from then, you will know if you should give the Geoflora a day or two early or late, to correspond with the watering. I am now using a day's counter app on my cell phone to help me keep track of any group of plants and know right where I am at at a glance.

Thank you, Emilya. I've already added a calendar to our freezer door in the grow room with the dates marked off for the top feeding. I also, after reading your answer, added a reminder on my phone for every 2 weeks just to be on the safe side.

I topped mine and then pinched off the center of the new growth on the next nodes.

Will be flipping on the 42nd Veg day.

Using Geo Flora - no issues.

@Furcifer has joined the ranks! :cheer:
420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Furcifer

@Magnus8 harvested his last grow Thursday, should be posting his new journal any minute!

Friendly reminder for everyone to please subscribe to all of the comparative grows, so you all can help each other out, while also getting more attention to your journals. Also, please post how many days your plants have been growing, when posting photo updates :thanks:

@BakedARea: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BakedARea
@Baron Von Blurple: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Baron Von Blurple
@beez0404: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Beez0404
@Bill284: 420 Magazine Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Bill284
@bobrown14: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BoBrown14
@BooWho2: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by BooWho2
@Brett Blaze: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Brett Blaze
@Camaro1691: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Camaro1691
@ChefDGreen: 420Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ChefDGreen
@CigNv: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Cig
@CO Finest: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by CO Finest
@cr8grow: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Cr8grow
@Dean's Greens: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Dean's Greens
@DonkeyDick: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By DonkeyDick
@Emilya: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya
@Freak Brothers: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Freak Brothers
@Furcifer: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Furcifer
@Fuzzy Duck: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Fuzzy Duck
@HashGirl: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl
@Homer Simpson: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Homer Simpson
@Jack420: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Jack420
@Joshualuck: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Joshualuck
@Justin Goody: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Justin Goody
@Kismet : 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Kismet
@Ljb1: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Ljb1
@Lil Merkaba: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Lil Merkaba
@Lime: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Lime
@MochaBud: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By MochaBud
@Modest Grower: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Modest Grower
@MotaFina: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Motafina
@Moto258: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Moto258
@MrsJack420: 420 Magazine’s Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By MrsJack420
@ProfessorFlora: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ProfessorFlora
@Schnookie: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Schnookie
@Slammy Pajama: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Slammy Pajama
@VetSmoke85: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By VetSmoke85
@Websissy: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by Websissy
@XiwsX561: 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow by XiwsX561

This is an interesting picture I took today. A little background - when I started planning the comparative grow, I thought I’d only have room for 4 plants in my 2x2 tent. I germinated all 6 seeds from the packet I received from @weedseedsexpress, but picked out the 4 strongest contenders for the comparative and left the other two in my tub with some clones from another grow under a T5 bulb. I fed those two the usual mix of stuff I’ve been using, but when you compare those two to one of my plants using the sponsor nutrients and LED’s - wow what a difference (44 days in). PS - had to move the 4 to my larger tent due to their height.

I top once usually around day 30 or 40 depending how they are coming along. Quading 2 this round and one was too far so will have 8 mains instead of 4.

I've been thinking about that, almost included it with my last post but thought it would take away from everyone's journals.

Let's try it out and see how it goes :high-five:
It's a great idea! How us growers will bond on this journey. Did the Dutch Passion and Fast buds comparatives here and it was awesome. Absolutely make it a forum for us in case anyone runs into any problems and its cool seeing how people are coming along with an occasional update. Thing are really going to be exciting in a month or two!

Back
Top Bottom