420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow

Happy Tuesday everyone! I try to follow every journal and I'll keep checking the list but what kind of variations are people seeing, if any?

It seems to be pretty consistent across grows but I do see some that are more sativa leaning. I have three going and I think 2 are similar with one being more sativa leaning. Excited to see how they finish.

Day 39 (above surface) for the 2 in RDWC, day 25 for the one in soil.

20210615_211359.jpg
I have 3 that are growing tall and 1 that’s shorter and has more lower growth (bushier).

Females should called preflower ull see a hair or 2 coming from calyx
Yeah, I'm used to seeing a few, but they are now on almost all branches and bigger than I've seen. This is like my 14th strain in the last year and a half.

Edit: 17th strain

My two oldest are definitely more vigorous and wanting to grow tall. They don't have sativa leaves though. Definitely wide and indica leaning. Good short internodes but they want to grow tall.

My youngest 3 seem to all be staying squatty. They also have larger indica leaning leaves. I did some defoliating recently and they didn't appreciate it much.

Here are some pics of the individuals from a recent journal entry.

They were from different seed packs though. Luck of the draw with different phenos?! Who knows...

My two oldest are definitely more vigorous and wanting to grow tall. They don't have sativa leaves though. Definitely wide and indica leaning. Good short internodes but they want to grow tall.

My youngest 3 seem to all be staying squatty. They also have larger indica leaning leaves. I did some defoliating recently and they didn't appreciate it much.

Here are some pics of the individuals from a recent journal entry.

They were from different seed packs though. Luck of the draw with different phenos?! Who knows...
Great journal, great setup, love the passion! :green_heart:

Great journal, great setup, love the passion! :green_heart:
Thanks so much WSE team! It has been fun which makes it easy. It has been easy which makes it fun too. Haaa haaa. From every journal we are seeing, the genetics are on point!

Oh no! Did the temp get too high? Do they all look like that one?

Just saw your update. Sorry to see. Hopefully, they will bounce back with
Oh no! Did the temp get too high? Do they all look like that one?

Just saw your update. Sorry to see. Hopefully, they will bounce back with your efforts
2 of the 4 are really stressed but are bouncing back a bit - took a peak about and hour after watering. 1 is stressed but not as bad and one (the shorter more indica looking plant) is fine. Yes temps were too high - at 90F

Ah weekend camping . Have done the same and blew a driver when outdoor temps hit 97 plus in October?. Found i could get away with it in hempy but not in coco or soil so much. They will bounce back but yeah stresses them out especially if you do it more than once in flower because they are marching on til the end so you want no stress during flower if you can help it.

2 of the 4 are really stressed but are bouncing back a bit - took a peak about and hour after watering. 1 is stressed but not as bad and one (the shorter more indica looking plant) is fine. Yes temps were too high - at 90F
It's part of the learning curve though so no worries. You are on the right track sis.

Here is my gal two weeks using @GeoFlora Nutrients definitely can see the improvements her recovering from the move so all well on that note so mark her at the two weeks of jacks love finally !!! Hope the fathers out there had a amazing day !!

Another good news 4 x 4 tent is up n will be full of gsc very soon !!!!! Will keep you posted !!!!! Back to full jacks jungles!!!!:420::peace::D:Namaste::cool:

Looking in tonight day 47 from sprout I noted what appears to be a N deficiency. A few weeks ago I saw some slight tip burn which I attributed to my organic veg nutes. So last 2 water/feeding I backed off veg nutes to half. Then I was thinking about comments on the comparative grows here that these GSC plants are heavy feeders. They will need water again tomorrow, so plan to go back to full strength veg nutes in the morning. I’m adding a pic that shows what I think I’m seeing on the upper leaves on one of the four plants. The oldest fans are starting to show some age at this point.
E35408A4-2265-408A-8F83-A087132E7CF5.jpeg

Looking in tonight day 47 from sprout I noted what appears to be a N deficiency. A few weeks ago I saw some slight tip burn which I attributed to my organic veg nutes. So last 2 water/feeding I backed off veg nutes to half. Then I was thinking about comments on the comparative grows here that these GSC plants are heavy feeders. They will need water again tomorrow, so plan to go back to full strength veg nutes in the morning. I’m adding a pic that shows what I think I’m seeing on the upper leaves on one of the four plants. The oldest fans are starting to show some age at this point.
E35408A4-2265-408A-8F83-A087132E7CF5.jpeg
I am using GeoFlora Veg and now Bloom. In the last week and a half of Veg I started to see my lower fan leaves get yellow with small reddish brown spots. I gave them Cal/Mag with their watering and that helped. I’ve continued to give them Cal/Mag in Flower. I didn’t get yellow tips though high up like you are seeing with your plants. Your leaves look like it could be a light burn (referenced this site’s pics - Why are leaf tips brown, burnt, or yellow? | Grow Weed Easy)

Here are the three I have outside right now. They are 74 days from sprout. The one in the middle is really starting to show some sativa dominance. But she also was a bit of a freak when she sprouted. Never developed a top node and just 4 main single blade leaves. She did develop her first two nodes though and has grown to where she is now quite well.

A couple pics from my thread update today.

20210623_201540.jpg

20210623_201618.jpg

I am using GeoFlora Veg and now Bloom. In the last week and a half of Veg I started to see my lower fan leaves get yellow with small reddish brown spots. I gave them Cal/Mag with their watering and that helped. I’ve continued to give them Cal/Mag in Flower. I didn’t get yellow tips though high up like you are seeing with your plants. Your leaves look like it could be a light burn (referenced this site’s pics - Why are leaf tips brown, burnt, or yellow? | Grow Weed Easy)
Websissy, I was thinking the same thing and raised my light a couple inches tonight. My light is very intense. Thanks for the input.

Websissy, Good call on the light burn, definitely the issue vs nute burn. I can now connect this issue back to previous grows. Watered and fed all early today with full strength nutes. I was caught off guard between thinking pots were light yesterday to seriously needing water today with almost wilted plants begging for water. So now down to water every 2-3 days which is fine. Just a big change in the last few days and something I usually see later in flower. I’m raising my intense light from 24” to 28” above the canopy. I expect journal update tomorrow to show some surprising results. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom