420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow

Day 58 from flip here.
20210705_214443.jpg

Post in thread '420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By VetSmoke85' 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By VetSmoke85

The girls are doing great on their @GeoFlora Nutrients! They just got uppotted from 3g to 7g and moved under the big @NextLight MEGA to prepare for Bloom. They got their once every 2 week feeding upon transplant, and when they need to be fed again, we will flip to Bloom lighting and that will be the last Geoflora VEG that they will get. For these next 2 weeks, we will continue working on shortening the wet/dry cycle by building roots in these new containers.
Here they are, at 53 days of VEG:
DSCF9531.JPG

How's everyone doing; any issues you need support from your sponsors or comparative grow colleagues? :passitleft:
I'm crossing my fingers I've found my issues in veg but would like to hear anyone's take on the deficiency these two gals are getting!? So far they were getting watered during mid day on feeding timer and were also a little bit over watered during each feed. Started feeding 1/2 tsp epsom salt to the feeding with cal-mag plus and silica which have been every feeding since using ro. But since using epsom the new growth is now bringing in green leaves from turning yellow.

20210713_172438.jpg

20210714_150536.jpg

My buds are looking really good on their 33rd day since flipping to flower, however I’m seeing a lot of lower leaf yellowing and loss. It looks like Potassium deficiency (I think). I have 6 more days till their next @GeoFlora Nutrients Bloom top dress application.
I would suggest treating for magnesium deficiency from the looks of those leaves. Remember that magnesium is semi mobile within the plant, so it can and often times does start at the bottom and then move up.

I'm crossing my fingers I've found my issues in veg but would like to hear anyone's take on the deficiency these two gals are getting!? So far they were getting watered during mid day on feeding timer and were also a little bit over watered during each feed. Started feeding 1/2 tsp epsom salt to the feeding with cal-mag plus and silica which have been every feeding since using ro. But since using epsom the new growth is now bringing in green leaves from turning yellow.

20210713_172438.jpg

20210714_150536.jpg
What are you feeding? At this stage the yellow all over has to be indicating a need for more nitrogen... there is other stuff showing too though... so I have to wonder if you are giving your nutes at less than full recommended rates?

What are you feeding? At this stage the yellow all over has to be indicating a need for more nitrogen... there is other stuff showing too though... so I have to wonder if you are giving your nutes at less than full recommended rates?
@GeoFlora Nutrients bloom. I was planning on going into flower mode a couple weeks after last transplant into finals. I ammended with 2 1/2 tsp of the bloom in the soil at transplant into these 7 gallon fabrics. They were doing just fine before switching from the veg nutes. I was reading some members here mention they were feeding bloom during veg so I couldn't pin point it being my main issue just yet! I think since they are showing hunger signs I might as well try and top dress with more of the veg from Geoflora whatcha think?
Other then that I've been now letting the soil dry up some and lift them to check for weight before feeding. I'm now feeding by hand again 10 min before lights come on after realizing I had my timer feeding them during mid day. Maybe that caused the huge shock? (Since transplanted into finals I've been top dressing every two weeks with 2 tsp bloom)

16262965375366629033680181861999.jpg

@GeoFlora Nutrients bloom. I was planning on going into flower mode a couple weeks after last transplant into finals. I ammended with 2 1/2 tsp of the bloom in the soil at transplant into these 7 gallon fabrics. They were doing just fine before switching from the veg nutes. I was reading some members here mention they were feeding bloom during veg so I couldn't pin point it being my main issue just yet! I think since they are showing hunger signs I might as well try and top dress with more of the veg from Geoflora whatcha think?
Other then that I've been now letting the soil dry up some and lift them to check for weight before feeding. I'm now feeding by hand again 10 min before lights come on after realizing I had my timer feeding them during mid day. Maybe that caused the huge shock? (Since transplanted into finals I've been top dressing every two weeks with 2 tsp bloom)
I suspect that is the problem. Plants are still vegging pretty hard even a couple of weeks into bloom. I give my plants VEG until they actually have started blooming and are at least well into the 2 week stretch if not all the way to the end of it. 2 weeks from flip, my plants generally get their first taste of BLOOM.

I see no problems being generated by letting your plants dry out a bit between waterings... that helps to grow new roots.

I suspect that is the problem. Plants are still vegging pretty hard even a couple of weeks into bloom. I give my plants VEG until they actually have started blooming and are at least well into the 2 week stretch if not all the way to the end of it. 2 weeks from flip, my plants generally get their first taste of BLOOM.

I see no problems being generated by letting your plants dry out a bit between waterings... that helps to grow new roots.
Thanks Em! If you don't mind me calling you that for short! I just threw 2 tsp of the VEG on top of each gal to see if they improve from here! Weird how when your mind goes to a drag your plants feel it also!! When my mind is right my plants thrive for some reason!

Thanks Em! If you don't mind me calling you that for short! I just threw 2 tsp of the VEG on top of each gal to see if they improve from here! Weird how when your mind goes to a drag your plants feel it also!! When my mind is right my plants thrive for some reason!
We are all in this thing together. The plants react to us most definitely and I take time each day to thank the plants for their hard work and let them know that they are cared for. Even the simple act of turning the plants a bit each day can make a huge impact on how they look later on.

I bet the VEG will make a dramatic difference in about 48 hours. Let's see. :)

And no, I don't mind Em, for that is what most people call me in real life. M, Em, Emmers, Doc M, Emlet, Emilator, Emilicious and even Emily... I answer to all of them. And if you get me stoned on some good sensimillia, then I become
Sense Emilya. :ganjamon:

Ive already hit the curve balls and sliders in life I'm just trying to get past 2nd base now again unfortunately lol I try and laugh to keep up the spirits but life if life I guess! I'll keep ya updated Senseemilya! Lol I like that one since I'm actively tokin on some haha! Well Iyed I found one tiny turd seed so far in my last harvest! but still very slury type potency

16262990968311124723746548541360.jpg

Back
Top Bottom