420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow

@GeoFlora Nutrients bloom. I was planning on going into flower mode a couple weeks after last transplant into finals. I ammended with 2 1/2 tsp of the bloom in the soil at transplant into these 7 gallon fabrics. They were doing just fine before switching from the veg nutes. I was reading some members here mention they were feeding bloom during veg so I couldn't pin point it being my main issue just yet! I think since they are showing hunger signs I might as well try and top dress with more of the veg from Geoflora whatcha think?

That's your problem right there, Moto. If your plants are in 7 gallon pots, they're supposed to be getting 2/3 cup each feeding. 2.5 tsp is way under.

Here's the link to the GeoFlora thread.

That's your problem right there, Moto. If your plants are in 7 gallon pots, they're supposed to be getting 2/3 cup each feeding. 2.5 tsp is way under.

Here's the link to the GeoFlora thread.
Haha I'm such a knuckle head! I did terrible in every math class in life!

How's everyone doing; any issues you need support from your sponsors or comparative grow colleagues? :passitleft:

Glad you mentioned this. I was to come here and post some pics and ask for help.

Here's what I am currently experiencing. It has been a little over a week seeing this happen. People mentioned to add some magnesium so I offered some in their drench last week. I also applied a couple foliar sprays with epsom salts. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this? This does appear to be a mobile deficiency in my opinion. It has moved from the lower canopy to the upper canopy in the past week. I must say...if we could get some variegated cultivars of cannabis, it would spectacular to grow!

Glad you mentioned this. I was to come here and post some pics and ask for help.

Here's what I am currently experiencing. It has been a little over a week seeing this happen. People mentioned to add some magnesium so I offered some in their drench last week. I also applied a couple foliar sprays with epsom salts. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this? This does appear to be a mobile deficiency in my opinion. It has moved from the lower canopy to the upper canopy in the past week. I must say...if we could get some variegated cultivars of cannabis, it would spectacular to grow!
This is very rare, and I generally poo-poo suggestions of this diagnosis, but this looks like TMV, tobacco mosaic virus. I don't think that this looks like a commonly known deficiency.

TMV however is so rare, and it still isnt clear that cannabis plants can catch it... so my second diagnosis is Thrips. Since there really is no treatment for the virus, I would treat for Thrips and see what happens.

This is very rare, and I generally poo-poo suggestions of this diagnosis, but this looks like TMV, tobacco mosaic virus. I don't think that this looks like a commonly known deficiency.

TMV however is so rare, and it still isnt clear that cannabis plants can catch it... so my second diagnosis is Thrips. Since there really is no treatment for the virus, I would treat for Thrips and see what happens.
I was kinda waiting to hear Em's opinion before I added in mine! But I've had thrips before and if you suspect them critters they start off as tiny white/yellow critters and evolve into flyers before you know it and spread quick if not delt with. I've had them mild to the point of almost infestation. So if you need some help if you find any yellow ones romming on the foliage send me some info on the situation. The most mature thrips will thrive in the soil if kept alone and them suckers get bigg or possibly them were just earwigs! Check under the leaves on the stems for very very tiny white bugs also I've had earwigs which kinda suck too but easier to spot them then thrip! Hope you can figure the dilemma BakedARea stay green my friend!

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have research more on that TMV. I have heard about it and seen it in other plants online. As for thrips, I have so say that is a resounding no thankfully! @Sierra Natural Science SNS209 is working wonders so far. I did thrips early on but they all seemed to have died after they hatched and started to munch on the leaves. I have not found any since that day I saw them. Probably a month and a half ago is my estimate.

Calcium deficiency i would say

but if it is thrips, soon the whole room will be infected.
I'm betting that it is not, solely based on the performance thus far (indoor and outdoor) the SNS209 has had on any pests that munch on the leaves, with the exception of caterpillars. I do need to start using BT though. I found some baby caterpillars recently. They did not do too much damage though. They didn't seem to like the foliage and didn't actually eat very much. I will keep a close eye on it but a severe infestation would seem unlikely right now. It would need to be quite severe to be causing this much damage right?! And only on two of the plants?
Calcium deficiency i would say
Yup I’m also have a bit of weird coloring to mine a bit guess they asking for some calmag ?
Im no pro but thats the way i would go
OK, I have seen that said for quite a few other growers but I decided to not add any cal/mag because the @GeoFlora Nutrients isn't supposed to need it. I wanted to see if they could go without it. Also, how can it be calcium or magnesium deficiency on only two of the plants. Those two plants have received more nutrients and water since they are in larger containers. The other two have shown no signs of this. See what I mean? Makes me doubt that it is calcium.

I'm betting that it is not, solely based on the performance thus far (indoor and outdoor) the SNS209 has had on any pests that munch on the leaves, with the exception of caterpillars. I do need to start using BT though. I found some baby caterpillars recently. They did not do too much damage though. They didn't seem to like the foliage and didn't actually eat very much. I will keep a close eye on it but a severe infestation would seem unlikely right now. It would need to be quite severe to be causing this much damage right?! And only on two of the plants?

OK, I have seen that said for quite a few other growers but I decided to not add any cal/mag because the @GeoFlora Nutrients isn't supposed to need it. I wanted to see if they could go without it. Also, how can it be calcium or magnesium deficiency on only two of the plants. Those two plants have received more nutrients and water since they are in larger containers. The other two have shown no signs of this. See what I mean? Makes me doubt that it is calcium.
I have 2 plants out of 11 that are showing a sign of a magnesium deficiency. It happens. Its not very bad at all, but that tells me the entire room is on that edge, and it makes me watch more closely when I see the bigger and more needy plants reacting to something, my canaries in the gold mine. Keep an eye on it... something is up.

From pictures I found on the web (I can message you the site as it's from a seed bank that's not a sponsor), it looks like it's a magnesium or sulfur deficiency. I've been having mag deficiency since the later Veg and Flowering stage on my 3 of my 4 comparative grow plants. The plant that's doing fine seems to have a more Indica look to it. I don't know if the strain has these issues if it's more sativa dominant. I'll get some better pics outside of my tent of my plants this weekend to post on my thread. I have been feeding tap water as my RO is out of service currently. Our local tap water is super high in calcium (very hard water). I was supplementing with Cal/Mag when I started to notice the signs of this deficiency and it helped keep it from spreading up, but I'm continuing to see issues lower down. My plan is get some mag only supplement and feed RO water only for the rest of the flower cycle to see how that helps.

From pictures I found on the web (I can message you the site as it's from a seed bank that's not a sponsor), it looks like it's a magnesium or sulfur deficiency. I've been having mag deficiency since the later Veg and Flowering stage on my 3 of my 4 comparative grow plants. The plant that's doing fine seems to have a more Indica look to it. I don't know if the strain has these issues if it's more sativa dominant. I'll get some better pics outside of my tent of my plants this weekend to post on my thread. I have been feeding tap water as my RO is out of service currently. Our local tap water is super high in calcium (very hard water). I was supplementing with Cal/Mag when I started to notice the signs of this deficiency and it helped keep it from spreading up, but I'm continuing to see issues lower down. My plan is get some mag only supplement and feed RO water only for the rest of the flower cycle to see how that helps.
Due to physics and chemistry... Mg never comes by it self. If you want more Mg but don't want to increase Ca/N etc, get some magnesium sulfate heptahydrate (you probable have some already as epsom salts but make sure its unscented).

1 gram/gal of MgSo4*7H2O will yield a solution of 25ppm Mg and 33ppm S

I am not saying you need 1g/gal but that's the conversion.

10 weeks from sprout, 3 weeks since flip. Stretch is interesting and a cool double bud. Great gentics and I will grow and recommend again. Cheers
4133C49C-B693-4537-A29B-82B3278DC7AA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom