420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow

The deficiency looks like that of one of the 3 macronutrients. This tells me you are not giving enough feed and it probably isnt just one thing that is lacking. If you are doing anything to limit the feed from what is recommended, stop doing that. If you are giving recommended dosages of nutes, up the dosage by 50% one time and see what happens.
Thank-you for reply I will do I will add more bloom on next top up could be the soil as from garden but finer bits the one in the bio bizz isn't looking like that atall but people can plant a seed outside and grows super healthy still but I will se what happens with more bloom that chart I'm screenshot it didn't no that could happen thanks again

Surprised no one else is chiming in, but let me end with another question. Please forgive my ignorance but please remind us what the medium and the nutrient system is... and then if this is indeed the problem, we can figure out the best way to fix this.

Me too, I've been unpleasantly surprised at the lack of comradeship in this thread helping each other, posting harvest pics, talking about the grow, etc. I even left the link at top of the forums this whole time to encourage more participation. We may need to set some conditions for the next one, to ensure we have more team players involved. The CEO of the company should not be bumping support requests, and you should not be the only one offering advice.

Sorry you feel that way. I unfortunately cannot offer more support in many cases. I am far too ignorant with most of the questions I see posted. I am still learning myself and not quite confident in how to respond.

I will be posting a fairly in depth discussion and help request soon. Getting pics uploaded shortly. I will see what I can do to post more updates here as well.

I'm with Baked. I only started growing last year so I'm a newbie as well. That said, I have offered help where I can and I have seen other growers trying to help as well. Maybe this particular thread isn't showing the other growers' support but I have been supported throughout my grow journal and I know that I have personally helped a few growers, too in their grow journals.

And, besides that, Emilya replied and Emilya has way more experience than most of us so I usually defer to her and assumed she had supplied Ljb with the advice he needed.
:green_heart:

Happy Thursday everyone just sort of brainstorming and piggy backing off of what Hashgirl said, I have received and seen a lot of team work across the journals but acknowledge it doesn't necessarily carry through here to the same extent it does in the individual journals. Part of that could be the sheer number of journals. To be honest, sometimes I am unable to keep up and some get buried for a bit.

Anyway, maybe we can share some of the moments like that from our personal journals here?( I understand that was likely the original concept but sometimes I get lost in the trees so to speak) Again just thinking out loud. I'm super grateful to be part of this grow and for the help I have received along the way.

@BakedARea I am no outdoor expert but I would try and let the lady go a little bit longer. The buds that are still good look great but still clear, I'm not sure how quickly things are going sideways but I would rather lose a little and keep a little less if it is ready to chop. Hope that made sense. That is just my basic logic approach. Maybe someone with more outdoor experience can teach us something here

Thank-you for reply I will do I will add more bloom on next top up could be the soil as from garden but finer bits the one in the bio bizz isn't looking like that atall but people can plant a seed outside and grows super healthy still but I will se what happens with more bloom that chart I'm screenshot it didn't no that could happen thanks again
There is nothing wrong with using the soil from outside in the garden to use in your containers, but usually you will want to add about 20% perlite or pumice to it to help keep it from compacting. If you can confirm that the problems started after using that additive, I suggest doing a 3x the container flush on that soil now, so you can get rid of a lot of that additive, and then continue on with normal nutes at the end of the flush.

I'm not sure how quickly things are going sideways
With rot it can be very quickly and the tops in that pic above look like they are going fast to me. I'm not experienced enough with outdoor growing but spreading rot is one of the things which will cause me to harvest early whether indoors or out.

There is nothing wrong with using the soil from outside in the garden to use in your containers, but usually you will want to add about 20% perlite or pumice to it to help keep it from compacting. If you can confirm that the problems started after using that additive, I suggest doing a 3x the container flush on that soil now, so you can get rid of a lot of that additive, and then continue on with normal nutes at the end of the flush.
I used egg shell as read it works as perlite but thankyiu for your info I will water 3x amount I normally do wait till dry an start again just bloom I have been doing 1ml to liter of that cmx and 15 ml of terpinator in 2liter water but will hit with just water thanks again

I think she meant water 3x the size of the container, not 3x the normal volume of water.

To be honest with you all, I have no idea about the additive he used, his soil mineral profile… (and actually was quite confused by the message in general) I could only give rough advice based on general guidelines, as Emilya did. I felt it best for me personally to just steer clear.

I think she meant water 3x the size of the container, not 3x the normal volume of water.

To be honest with you all, I have no idea about the additive he used, his soil mineral profile… (and actually was quite confused by the message in general) I could only give rough advice based on general guidelines, as Emilya did. I felt it best for me personally to just steer clear.
My pot is about 8liter so would I run 24liters of water though? I'm abit confused sorry and I brought that cmx at local hydro shop he said it's really good he didn't have just cal-mag so I got it as I had a cal deficiency on my last grow I'm still learning so much thankyou all for inputs appreciate it

I used egg shell as read it works as perlite but thankyiu for your info I will water 3x amount I normally do wait till dry an start again just bloom I have been doing 1ml to liter of that cmx and 15 ml of terpinator in 2liter water but will hit with just water thanks again
Not everything you read online is true... be very careful when making substitutes. Egg shells are nothing like perlite and have no air pockets or anything in them. They will not help against compaction. Yes, I meant 3x the container size of water so you can thoroughly wash out that soil. I also don't see a reason to give only water and leave it at that, since of course, your plants are starving for a vital nutrient that has been locked out. Flush 3x and then after that, mix up a half batch of your nutrients, full strength and apply that to the wet soil. Now you have clean soil, able to hold and distribute the nutes, and it should start fixing your plants quickly. Leave the flush process without feeding, and I imagine your problem will get worse while she is drying out.

Not everything you read online is true... be very careful when making substitutes. Egg shells are nothing like perlite and have no air pockets or anything in them. They will not help against compaction. Yes, I meant 3x the container size of water so you can thoroughly wash out that soil. I also don't see a reason to give only water and leave it at that, since of course, your plants are starving for a vital nutrient that has been locked out. Flush 3x and then after that, mix up a half batch of your nutrients, full strength and apply that to the wet soil. Now you have clean soil, able to hold and distribute the nutes, and it should start fixing your plants quickly. Leave the flush process without feeding, and I imagine your problem will get worse while she is drying out.
Thankyou you couldn't have put that any better most appreciated will get straight on it in morning after letting water sit for while thanks again

My pot is about 8liter so would I run 24liters of water though? I'm abit confused sorry and I brought that cmx at local hydro shop he said it's really good he didn't have just cal-mag so I got it as I had a cal deficiency on my last grow I'm still learning so much thankyou all for inputs appreciate it
Yes, 24 liters of tap water... no need to pH adjust it. You answered your own question if you think about it... you got soil advice at a hydro shop. In his heart of hearts, do you really think he wants you to succeed with a soil grow? He wants you to buy his hydro stuff and keep buying nutrients, and he most certainly doesn't want you to realize all you need is a bag of organic supersoil. So every product he has is really good. Got it. A grow shop without calmag?? Now I suspect this guy has absolutely no idea what he is doing... or as I said... he really secretly wants your grow to fail. I bet he laughed after you left and told his partner... he'll be back soon. I further bet that if you came back in disguise and looked around, you would find 2 or 3 versions of calmag on his shelves.

Yeah your rite he always point at expensive stuff I no I didn't need I said to him just need cal-mag he says I can order in but I had problem at the time so had to get a bottle that had it in he says all growers get it lol thanks again most appreciated

Yeah your rite he always point at expensive stuff I no I didn't need I said to him just need cal-mag he says I can order in but I had problem at the time so had to get a bottle that had it in he says all growers get it lol thanks again most appreciated
I actually just made (in process of) making my own calcium from egg shells in vinegar. I think Emilya covers that in a thread here.I am also making the LAB with rice water and milk. I know for sure she covers that in a thread. The process for these components is not bad especially if you need calcium and can't get it but it also shows why these organic nutrients offered by the sponsors can streamline everything. This is coming from a guy who hopes to learn to grow organic

I'm with Baked. I only started growing last year so I'm a newbie as well. That said, I have offered help where I can and I have seen other growers trying to help as well. Maybe this particular thread isn't showing the other growers' support but I have been supported throughout my grow journal and I know that I have personally helped a few growers, too in their grow journals.

And, besides that, Emilya replied and Emilya has way more experience than most of us so I usually defer to her and assumed she had supplied Ljb with the advice he needed.
:green_heart:
I wasn't asking for people who have been helping to defend themselves, more like sending a message to those who are not helping, updating or even participating much, to start participating more and being more supportive. It's nice to see several others chiming in now :thanks:

I just chopped one bud off for a closer look but I haven't put it under the magnifier yet. Interesting observation though, my garage has taken on a much different smell since going dark and the buds seem to be taking on a more chocolate note where they were very fruity when getting 12 hours of light.
20210923_141219.jpg
20210923_141157.jpg

This one was just a quick test look but I need to get my rinse station ready for harvest.

I just chopped one bud off for a closer look but I haven't put it under the magnifier yet. Interesting observation though, my garage has taken on a much different smell since going dark and the buds seem to be taking on a more chocolate note where they were very fruity when getting 12 hours of light.
20210923_141219.jpg
20210923_141157.jpg

This one was just a quick test look but I need to get my rinse station ready for harvest.
:bravo: look at that! Beautiful looking flowers MG.

Back
Top Bottom