420 Magazine's Photo of the Month Contest: February 2018

Thanks KJ - Took me 6 hours to trim that bush down to nugs today! My hands hurt and my eyes cant focus... time to puff!

There was a lot of terpines in this one. I always save the main cola to trim last, was smelling like raspberry, lemons and jet fuel.

Shit should have told me I could she. Helped trim that anyday .

Great job man

Mandarin Cookies at 32 post flip.

DSC_020635.JPG

:thanks:

Hey Teddy/whoever - a question about the photos for this contest, which I thought might affect other people as well.
How much does photo file size matter? I may have the eye to take a good photo, but I don't have a great camera, just an iPhone. I often shrink pics down because of poor bandwidth for uploading. Using my phone, a pic might be 8 gb, and I'll often shrink it down to 1gb or so.
The thing is- on my phone I can't detect the difference.
Will those smaller files tend to look like crap on your end? Maybe best to avoid shrinkage if possible?
If you don't own a good camera maybe you're SOL for this contest? Or is it less about high resolution and more about- everything else that makes a great photo? :thanks:

Hey Teddy/whoever - a question about the photos for this contest, which I thought might affect other people as well.
How much does photo file size matter? I may have the eye to take a good photo, but I don't have a great camera, just an iPhone. I often shrink pics down because of poor bandwidth for uploading. Using my phone, a pic might be 8 gb, and I'll often shrink it down to 1gb or so.
The thing is- on my phone I can't detect the difference.
Will those smaller files tend to look like crap on your end? Maybe best to avoid shrinkage if possible?
If you don't own a good camera maybe you're SOL for this contest? Or is it less about high resolution and more about- everything else that makes a great photo? :thanks:

I believe our system will accept photos up to 15MB.

Really, the resolution is not that important. For example, our Home Page images, which we work hard on as it's our website entry point for a great many people, are a minimum of 70KB and look great. Less than that and they won't look good, however any digital camera or mobile device will work at greater resolution than that.

As in so many areas of life, size is less important than style.

Folks using phones to take pics.... don't worry about the lack of anything... actually some really GREAT pics I've seen were taken with a phone. They are not that far behind a DSLR these days. Actually there's some benefit to using a phone and taking good pics of plants.

The dept of field will be greater from a phone and that gets more of the plant or subject in focus. With an DSLR, that is not usually the case and it's much harder to get a great composition with everything in focus and takes a lot of practice. Point and shoot cameras have that same advantage as a camera phone.

DSLR cameras are fairly new... so with the learning curve associated with DSLRs, point and shoot and camera phones are every bit as good, in my opinion.

Yep - you only have to checkout some of SweetSue's pics to seee that beautiful pics come from the hand and eye of the person behind the device - she uses her phone or iPad exclusively I think, and her phone is not the 'latest'. I'm using a semi auto point & shoot from 2005, so it's 6MP is less resolution than most today's phones. As Teddy says, even smaller files can be useful in a digital context like a website. Go for it! ..

Thanks folks - and in my file size comment I meant Mb not Gb, if that wasn't totally obvious. Not many of them there gigabytes to be seen in these here parts....

Insane the competition is every week. But, like momma used say...."you cant win if ya dont play forest!!!" that said....i give you a taste of Juju....day 36 flower. Green Ribbon x cookies n cream....GROWant g5pro 400w led...
20180212_0839531.jpg

Thanks, and good luck everyone!!

those are some nice shots everyone.

and after seeing the first one posted, wow, it will be hard to beat, but I'll try

this is a Cheese from my own seeds at 9 weeks

MG39_Ch_bw_9_k.jpg

I'm starting to wonder if there are any winners that are not either a bud or flower shot. :hmmmm:

So many awesome fan colors lately! :trance:

Jack frost has been playing with water colors.:party:

Thanks KJ - Took me 6 hours to trim that bush down to nugs today! My hands hurt and my eyes cant focus... time to puff!

There was a lot of terpines in this one. I always save the main cola to trim last, was smelling like raspberry, lemons and jet fuel.

Sounds like down feet flavours fuely is a good sign.

Again man this is going to be hard to vote this month I swear it gets harder and harder .

Hey joe I found you over in the plant of the month contest

Hey thanks lil.

Yeah thinking I posted it on wrong thread oops

It's okay maybe I'll take a good picture of my headband for here .

Back
Top Bottom