420 Magazine's Photo of the Month Contest: June 2018

Ah I stand corrected. Thats a bit poop though. The art of photography isnt just taking a picture. I wouldnt be able to take a decent pic in my 4x4 with the 600hps cos it causes light striping in the pictures unless I find the exact right angle which sometimes is impossible and does not make for a good picture (only ones that dont show striping are like shots from down low or when the lights being blocked out by something). Only thing that could change the striping is adding a filter or changing the white balance etc.
But yer thanks for correcting me @Tunkers
You could always change the lighting for photos. Think about those blurple LED growers and how much stuffing around they do to take clear shots. Gotta work with what you've got I guess.

6. Editing Photos: Please do not add text, images, or special effects, otherwise your submission will be disqualified. This makes it a fair contest for all, as not everyone can afford photo editing programs and/or know how to use them. Color correction and cropping ARE acceptable parts of creating a digital photograph, however we do not allow obvious image enhancement or manipulation.

Seems to me correcting for white balance is perfectly within the rules.

Ah I stand corrected. Thats a bit poop though. The art of photography isnt just taking a picture. I wouldnt be able to take a decent pic in my 4x4 with the 600hps cos it causes light striping in the pictures unless I find the exact right angle which sometimes is impossible and does not make for a good picture (only ones that dont show striping are like shots from down low or when the lights being blocked out by something). Only thing that could change the striping is adding a filter or changing the white balance etc.
But yer thanks for correcting me @Tunkers
Changing the white balance is acceptable. Sharpening, dodging, burning or other intensive editing is not. The idea behind not allowing full on editing is because many folks don’t have the software or don’t know how to use it. Levels the playing field.

Changing the white balance is acceptable. Sharpening, dodging, burning or other intensive editing is not. The idea behind not allowing full on editing is because many folks don’t have the software or don’t know how to use it. Levels the playing field.
Yer fair enough I can understand that. The other competitions I can fully understand not being allowed to edit photos obviously true colours etc need to be shown. Just my opinion on the matter and as i said i can understand the reasons behind it, just think for photo of the month rules could be adjusted a bit.

Yer fair enough I can understand that. The other competitions I can fully understand not being allowed to edit photos obviously true colours etc need to be shown. Just my opinion on the matter and as i said i can understand the reasons behind it, just think for photo of the month rules could be adjusted a bit.
I edited all my photos for MOTM and I still only got 2 votes... haha

I think this contest here is for the Prettiest Photo........... Pretty sure they don't care how you made the photo,,, is just that a photo contest. They don't allow editing such as putting your name and logo on them. I see people using LEDs lights to accent colors all the time. Now in a POTM or NOTM they need to be true, least I'd hope so. Now I'm not 100% sure of this,, but makes sense to me. I think this is just for the prettiest photo period?

Did you use a blue filter for this? I only ask because the shadow in the pic is blue, and you have a pic of what appears to be the same nug that isnt blue.

full

Boy do i regret making this post.Obviously Jaga didnt do anything malicious here and i apologize to you @Jaga for how this came off. The only reason i said something is I didnt want others thinking they could actually grow blue buds and then in 2 months i'll be reading nothing but dark devil auto journals.

I think this contest here is for the Prettiest Photo........... Pretty sure they don't care how you made the photo,,, is just that a photo contest. They don't allow editing such as putting your name and logo on them. I see people using LEDs lights to accent colors all the time. Now in a POTM or NOTM they need to be true, least I'd hope so. Now I'm not 100% sure of this,, but makes sense to me. I think this is just for the prettiest photo period?
Yer thats what i woulda thought

Boy do i regret making this post.Obviously Jaga didnt do anything malicious here and i apologize to you @Jaga for how this came off. The only reason i said something is I didnt want others thinking they could actually grow blue buds and then in 2 months i'll be reading nothing but dark devil auto journals.
Dont think you need to say sorry my friend. its good to have a discussion about things we can see nothing malicious had been said and nothing has since. Best way to keep things interesting is throw a spanner in the works anyway lol

No need to say sorry about that Stupidface .. And alot of the DDA are truly some pretty colors.

But Really there are alot of 'Blue/Purple Buds', hell I've grown alot of 'red, white and blue buds.' Light Addict was working with 3 colored buds grafted to the same plant.

Don't trip my friend... All that does is skin your knees... GL

Back
Top Bottom