420 Magazine's Photo of the Month: January 2020

20200103_020045.jpg

My boy checking out the plants. Smelling the super silver haze x blue magoo. Cannot wait for flowering time!

I think it's a great pic but I have my doubts too. The outside is blown out which means the shutter speed is slow and/or the aperture is at it's widest. Using a fast lens, at the widest aperture, such as f/2.8 or wider you would see some sort of bokeh effect. Using a slow lens speed with a wide aperture and you'd see motion blur with the bird. I dunno, something seems foul to me but that's just mho :)
Still a nice pic and maybe I'm just talking out my ass :thumb:
I can upload a cropped copy at full resolution from the camera here, or the full image elsewhere for further analysis. The full image from the camera is 4608 x 3456 pixels or 3.8MB.

It IS a good pic. But he shoulda done the shutter thingy
shutter thingy? I'm not sure what you mean. The camera used was a Cannon SX600 HS.

Ummm. That looks like a wood carving and doesn't look like an osprey, they have white bellies. What gives? :hmmmm:
Dirty windows in a smoker's house?

Funny, there is a nesting pair on the island I work on. They don't touch the cat or the guinea hens, out there. I guess their preference is lots of fresh fish, until winter sets in and then the local cats, off the main land, are easy prey. I have seen a few flying cats over the years. lol

Funny, there is a nesting pair on the island I work on. They don't touch the cat or the guinea hens, out there. I guess their preference is lots of fresh fish, until winter sets in and then the local cats, off the main land, are easy prey. I have seen a few flying cats over the years. lol

We also have bald eagles around. The chicken ranchers feed them their dead birds from December through March. They started when the eagle population was low, but now it's turned into a tourist attraction.

My daughter has lost a few cats to them.
I live on an island and heres different kind of eagles also. Heard they just snatched neighbors cat recently. Here are land eagles and oceaneagles. Dont know what theyre really called but theyre BIG!

The January Winners

Congratulations to our first set of winners of 2020. A great collection of entries once again, showing off our beloved herb in so may beautiful ways at so many stages. Thank you, everyone. Judging is not only a big responsibility, but also a great privilege.

I personally of course argued strongly against our first place winner, only because I have no idea how I'll fit another title beneath his username. ;)

First Place - Cola Monster

Organic Sun Room Grown Silver OGK-Pheno #1 (Seed Crop) Silver Fox #5 x OG Kush #1.JPG

Second Place - Dkmg01

20200108_152448.jpg

Third Place - UrbanAchiever

70F35381-07AB-4CD6-B5EF-150A92497D27.jpeg

:bravo::bravo::bravo:

Congrats Cola,,, beautiful picture... great shots everyone..

Keepem Green

Wow, what a great way to start out the new decade!:woohoo: I am shocked to say the least that I even placed this month amongst all of the beautiful entries posted.o_O Congrats. to Dkmg01 and UrbanAchiever as well, great job mates!:thumb:

Thank you Mr. Teddy and to your hard working staff as well for choosing my work once again, it's much appreciated as always.:thanks: I also wanted to thank all of the kindhearted members here who have supported me and my work over the years, it is truly an honor to part of this great community of cannabis lovers...growers...and avid photographers.:high-five::hug:

And a quick shout out to all of the sponsors as well who without their continued support we'd have no place to share our work or too call our home away from home which is what I consider this site to be just like with others here I assuming.:thanks:

Thanks again to one and all and have a great day my friends! ~Peace~:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom