420 Magazine's Photo of the Year: 2018

While I absolutely love insects and macro stuff, I would have to argue that the spider and wasp are the subjects rather than the cannabis, despite those two being incredible photos.

So my favourites would be Age’s, Mr Saugas, and Preston’s.
True enough. I guess it depends how you consider the scope of the life of a plant, what it’s ‘experience’ is.

It’d be weird for sure if all the winning pics featured a canna companion, but it’s an intrinsic feature of growing so there’s surely room for some :Namaste:

:passitleft:

True enough. I guess it depends how you consider the scope of the life of a plant, what it’s ‘experience’ is.

It’d be weird for sure if all the winning pics featured a canna companion, but it’s an intrinsic feature of growing so there’s surely room for some :Namaste:

Absolutely. Both of those images, besides already winning photo contests here, could easily win other non cannabis related contests, be entered as part of a stock photography portfolio, or just sold as art. I am biased towards insects and plants as they are my favourite subject.

I think I slightly misrepresented my opinion with my original comment, as the difference between all those images are like those of a photo finish, separated by fractions of a second.

If I had to choose it’d be hard to get me to take my eyes off that lovely shot Mr. Monster took of the predatory wasp perched on the cannabis leaf.

But man oh man, am I glad I don’t have to choose. Lol! Great work in this neighborhood. We are soooo spoiled, aren’t we? :slide:

Photo of the Year 2018

There was one shot we kept coming back to. We loved the clean background, its colour both complementing and highlighting the subject. We loved the sharpness. We loved the classic one-third, one-third, one-third horizontal composition. We loved the feeling of balance, the slight movement of the legs highlighting the precarious position. We loved the translucent light on the wing. We loved the shadowed veins on the leaf. We loved the sense of watching and being watched.

In fact, there was nothing about it we didn't love.

Photo of the Year 2018 goes to Cola Monster. A superb photograph. Bravo and thank you.

Yellow Jacket on Cannabis Leaf-2.JPG

Thank you kindly Teddy and to your hardworking staff as well for choosing my photo, it's much appreciated as always.:thanks: I'm honored to say the least not to mention at a loss for words having my work chosen amongst all the beautiful entries posted this past year.;)
I thank you all from the bottom of my cannabis loving heart!:love: ~Peace~:Namaste:

Thank you kindly Teddy and to your hardworking staff as well for choosing my photo, it's much appreciated as always.:thanks: I'm honored to say the least not to mention at a loss for words having my work chosen amongst all the beautiful entries posted this past year.;)
I thank you all from the bottom of my cannabis loving heart!:love: ~Peace~:Namaste:

Congrats. Buddy I would have ran the other direction not getting close to those frackers lol

Nonetheless cool shot bud ✊

Way to go Cola Monster! Beautiful pic.

Congrats Cola - I love it! :bravo:

Is a Beautiful shot there @Cola Monster Congrats

Thanks woody!:high-five:

Congratulations Cola Monster!

I concur.

Thanks MrIcculus!:high-five:
Me too! Wonderful Monster :bravo: Absolutely my favourite of the year :love::yummy:
:Namaste:

Thank you Amy G!:high-five:

Congrats cola monster!!

Thanks Itibitiguy!:high-five:

Yessir! Such a perfect picture!
:bravo:

Well done @Cola Monster

Thank you Preston9mm!:high-five:

Congrats. Buddy I would have ran the other direction not getting close to those frackers lol

Nonetheless cool shot bud ✊

Thanks Kingjoe83!:high-five:

Thanks NaturalSpirit!:high-five:
...Congrats CM!:bravo:...:thumb::high-five:...cheerz...h00k...:rollit::passitleft:...

Thank you dr. h00k!:high-five:

Thanks Blew Hiller!:high-five:

Well done CM, a beautiful shot all around

Thanks UA!:high-five:

Way to go Cola Monster! Beautiful pic.

Thank you stoneotter!:high-five:
Congrats Cola - I love it! :bravo:

Thanks BeezLuiz!:high-five:

As I stated above, I thank each and every one of you as well as the sponsors and staff here at 420 Magazine from the bottom of my heart! :circle-of-love::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom