420 Magazine's Plant of the Month: January 2022

420 Magazine's Plant of the Month: January 2022

• Jhigh78 - Unknown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reave - Chronic Thunder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, that's gonna be hard to compete with. Unbelievable plant man, stellar work there.

Thanks. Personal best from a single plant has stood at 12oz for a couple years. Hoping this girl breaks that mark.

Thanks. Personal best from a single plant has stood at 12oz for a couple years. Hoping this girl breaks that mark.
I can't tell cuz there's so many buds! Did you grow this in soil or coco? And indoors? Is your 12 oz personal best an INDOOR plant? If so I'd love to see that journal if it exists. Either way. Is that around anywhere?

I can't tell cuz there's so many buds! Did you grow this in soil or coco? And indoors? Is your 12 oz personal best an INDOOR plant? If so I'd love to see that journal if it exists. Either way. Is that around anywhere?

It was grown in a peat based soil-less mix (peat, perlite, and dolomite lime). Grown indoors. Same for the previous personal best. Half it's life in a 32"x32" tent under a Viparspectra XS2000, other half in a 3'x3' Viparspectra tent using a homemade 300w strip light with 3500k Bridgelux strips.

Now the kicker. She is an experiment to see how little P these plants really need. She was fed 20ppm of P for nearly all her life. She's only gotten 30ppm for the last few weeks when I reformulated my homemade nutes. She's gotten a constant 150ppm of N and 190ppm of K throughout. Goes against the conventions that our plants need very little N in bloom and lots of P and K.

My perpetual journal link can be found in my signature, Growing Without Bloom Nutes. Jump in anytime. It's not necessary to go though all 140+ pages. The previous personal best is around page 30. It was part of a 28.5 oz harvest off 3 autos in the 32"x 32" tent. Let's say it was cramped.

This month I'll enter my Lemon Tree from Barney's Farm that was harvested last month.
She was vegged for 34 days and produced 107 g of dry. I took a few pictures in the fresh snow before going dark prior to harvest.

In stark contrast to conventional thoughts of Plant of the Month....My humble Black Sugar submission.

1641592012732.png

1641592052675.png

Stay funky Bros!

Good lord there's a ton of talent here. Every time I think I have a nice plant to enter, I see just the first several entries and I'm like, "nope, not this month, I can't compete here..." And such a wide range of gorgeous plants already, it's nuts. Enjoy it guys while we're still sort of a private club. It's getting closer and closer to becoming federally legal, and at that point the whole game changes. Suddenly it'll be like the crowd at a Dead show in the first tour following Touch of Gray becoming a top 10 hit on the radio for the Dead. Where once it was nothing but informed veterans and sincere newbies who had real interest and weren't just there to party, it suddenly became a party scene with every 19 year old frat boy who knew Sugar Magnolia and called himself a Deadhead when he got the tshirt. I believe something similar will happen when federal is reality. It'll be amusing. I like the talent pool on this level, unpolluted as it were. This is purely spectacular. Sorry to digress, lol. Great job everyone. Phew.

Ok, I'll play along, what the heck. I'll enter my Pineapple Upside Down Cake (HSC) which was recently harvested. This plant was grown in 7 gallons of FF soil with @GeoFlora (sponsored!) nutes, and was left 100% untrained - this is just how she grew. She was vegged at 20/4, with 10 of sun/10 LED (MH FC-E6500) per day, and flowered outdoors in the natural light cycle here which is close to 12/12 at this time. I did pull the large fan leaves as she got her fade on when they were fully yellow and no longer viable. The buds smell fabulous, taste great, and are quite potent.

Pineapple Upside Down Cake #2.jpg

PUC bud #4 almost done.jpg

Don't think I'll win but what the heck I'm high on concentrates
`One Tropicanna Banana plant grown in 4x4 room w/ homemade 320 watt led
have 2 other plants 4 weeks behind on the left side

Flash pictures make em sparkle :D
Wow you just got me so incredibly psyched and helped me make a decision. I have five seeds of Tropicana Banana coming today! I was wondering what to grow in the tent next, and that plant is GORGEOUS. She also looks like a good yielder with buds that'll end up real dense. I have to grow this. Yours is amazing. May I ask is this the Barney's Farm version? And how stinky is she?

Wow you just got me so incredibly psyched and helped me make a decision. I have five seeds of Tropicana Banana coming today! I was wondering what to grow in the tent next, and that plant is GORGEOUS. She also looks like a good yielder with buds that'll end up real dense. I have to grow this. Yours is amazing. May I ask is this the Barney's Farm version? And how stinky is she?
Yes Barney's farm. was having trouble getting fingers open towards end of trim time &
was trying to just hold the stems
you'll like the finished pics even better

Ok, I'll play along, what the heck. I'll enter my Pineapple Upside Down Cake (HSC) which was recently harvested. This plant was grown in 7 gallons of FF soil with @GeoFlora (sponsored!) nutes, and was left 100% untrained - this is just how she grew. She was vegged at 20/4, with 10 of sun/10 LED (MH FC-E6500) per day, and flowered outdoors in the natural light cycle here which is close to 12/12 at this time. I did pull the large fan leaves as she got her fade on when they were fully yellow and no longer viable. The buds smell fabulous, taste great, and are quite potent.

Pineapple Upside Down Cake #2.jpg

PUC bud #4 almost done.jpg
Hi Jon. I’ve got a Pineapple Upside down Cake seed also from HSC that I’m eager to try. Did you journal the grow of yours? :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom