• zigzagburning - Blue Mystic X Sour Kush

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
plantnew.jpg

Please submit a photo of your best plant (there is a separate contest thread for nugs.) We will only accept a self-nomination. The contest will be open for submissions from the 1st through the 15th day of each month. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month.

Each first place winner will receive 100 rep points and the title "Plant of the Month Winner".

Humate Supreme contributes items from their starter kit to our first place winner, retail value $125.
  • 1 - 30ct pack of Humate Supreme 3-2-1
  • 1 - 10ct pack of Humate Supreme Starter Tabs
  • 1 - 1lb tub of Humate Supreme Potting Soil Activator
  • 1 - 8oz bottle of Humate Supreme Natural Nutrient Tea
Grow Healthy Medical Marijuana with Humate Supreme

Sierra Natural Science contributes the following items to our winner.
Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Plant of the Year" contest; to be held in January.

Also, please submit your best high resolution photos to photos@420magazine.com for publication in 420 Magazine's print edition.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own plant(s).

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the plant(s). You may add one inanimate object as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro. No nudity.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting them on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Self-nominations only.

6. Contest is open to the first 25 entries.

7. Self promotion (i.e. campaigning) that is deemed excessive (at the sole discretion of our moderation staff) may disqualify the entry.

--------------
Consolidated Entries for May 2011

N.W.Green - sour D
6632.JPG

CIMG3982.JPG

Deacnbleu – Hiloghani
100_1436_1_.JPG

100_1443_1_.JPG

Hydrologist – Bubba Chunk
rsz_dsc00897.jpg

DSC009265.JPG

SpeesCees - Double Fun
double_fun_op_hydrodensa_002.jpg

double_fun_op_hydrodensa_003.jpg

EastofEureka – Dream Queen
PART951304409516963.jpg

PART951304409717069.jpg

HighDive - Red Dragon
MG_9661.jpg

MG_96682.jpg

siscokid – White Widow
014247.JPG
012275.JPG

Matanuska Valley - Little Bastard
Little_Bastard_2_.JPG

Little_Bastard.JPG

CANNATOPIA - Chem Dog x Sour D
lime_rush_1.jpg

lime_rush_2.jpg

yarddog35 - 707 Headband
707_harvest_017.jpg

707_harvest_008.jpg

Mr Smith - Pineapple Expess
pineapple_express6.JPG

pineapple_express0.JPG

Janja - Platinum Bubba Kush
DSCN08873.JPG

DSCN08972.JPG

Yosemite Sam – CS Haze
DSC_05531.JPG

DSC_05511.JPG

xigzagburning - Blue Mystic X Sour Kush
IMG00423-20110514-0753.jpg

IMG00426-20110514-0801.jpg

Lets Get 25 Entries This Month

I will start the show with my favorite baby in my garden, this plant was over 6ft tall, indoors, and a 10-12 wk flower but well worth it.

She reaks of Coffee flavored sour D and you cant go anywhere with her without someone saying something.

since im just under 6ft i thought i would be a good referance object for this one so enjoy :D
6632.JPG

CIMG3982.JPG

Keep It Green and lets get this rolling:peacetwo:

Not to terribly long but longer than it takes to get that big of a plant normally because i had space restrictions for a while so i stunted her in a small pot for a while, but the only reason why i let her get that big was to try to see how well i could do a plant of this magnitude indoors, and to well see if it was possible. kinda a test of my skills :D

100_1436_1_.JPG

100_1443_1_.JPG

Just saw Greens entry, but gonna enter anyway. Lol
Mine is a cross of my Afghani & a Hawaiian strain my bro has grown for years. I call her a Hiloghani.
Still three weeks from harvest.

Lets Get 25 Entries This Month

I will start the show with my favorite baby in my garden, this plant was over 6ft tall, indoors, and a 10-12 wk flower but well worth it.

She reaks of Coffee flavored sour D and you cant go anywhere with her without someone saying something.

since im just under 6ft i thought i would be a good referance object for this one so enjoy :D
6632.JPG

CIMG3982.JPG

Keep It Green and lets get this rolling:peacetwo:

Hmmm... This month we may just answer that age-old question... "Does size really matter?".:tokin:
:party:
Awesome plant bro!

I Hydrologist Would like to enter my Pre 98 Bubba Chunk girl named Shapey. She was harvested on Day 60 of the 12 and 12 cycle on April 25th 2011. It took me and my room mate Heks from 10am till 9pm to complete trimming her and when it was all said and done and trimmed up and packaged into jars for curing I recorded a personal record of 11 ounces 14.8 grams from THIS SINGLE HYBRID PLANT!!!
Hope you enjoy the picture I poured my heart and soul into this girl, only to hope that I might win this contest!
Happy Voting!
Hydrologist

rsz_dsc00897.jpg

DSC009265.JPG

I grew this girl by means of Deep Water Culture, I also incorporated a chiller as well as a c02 tank plus 2 400 watt lights above her for a total of 800 watts. For Veg I used Dutch Master's Gold Zone Grow A and B only; for flower I used Advanced Nutrients Sensi Bloom A and B as my base nutrients along with AN's Kushi Kush to help bring out the heavy trichome production of the Kush genetics in the strain. To top it off I also began dosing her with 1/2 a ml. of Humbolt County's GRAVITY which is a heavy B vitamin/Kelp extract adative that I must attribute the density and distinct difference from "sandra" the plant Heks entered in POTM only to be runner up in March 11'. On top of the Gravity and Kushi Kush I also incorporated Humbolt County's "Snow Storm Ultra" which basically added a layer of trichome sap over the entire flower mass this plant produced :tokin: fuckin awesome is alllll I have to say about that stuff! haha.
To top it off since i'm using a chiller to keep my roots in a perfect condition instead of some form of a ZYME, I also incorporated Dutch Master's Zone along with Hydro international's 50% H202 to make sure my Resivore stayed CLEAN and STARILE! My philosophy when it comes to Deep Water Culture is that a Cold and Sterile resivour keeps the disease and bugs away. AND ITS TRUE!
To Date I have YET to encounter a bug infestation of any kind OR a root disease OF ANY KIND when incorporating these fundimentals.

So If you're planning on going DWC I emplore you to save up for a chiller and keep that root zone sterile!! Your plants will love your for it!

The only problem is chiller's are not cheap and until you can afford a chiller go the zyme route or you WILL BE SCREWED!!!! Pythium is the spyder mite of root disease. It fucking sucks and once you get it bad its not going away until you harvest that plant, and CLEAN EVERYTHING and it can still come back...

If you'd like to see more pictures of "shapey" my entry for this month you can find the link under my signature!

Thanks again 420magazine for putting awesome things like these contests on.

HydrologisICS!

hey speescees I just wanted to say its an honor to complete with you in plant of the month may 11. I just checked out your site no mercy supply and I gatta say that's pretty impressive but i've also noticed that you've adapted to the more common style using smaller plants in a SCROG setup. If you take a peek at my entry you'll see she's giant. I am growing this style number one because I am lucky enough to own a chiller and ran a single site RDWC which got my rooted clone to a height of 48 inches in 35 days which I am guessing was a wayyy longer Veg than what your plants went through. BUT I've been growing this "super plant style" my last two cycles due to an article I read from Rosebud Magazine claiming fewer Large plants produce better and more abundant buds than say the same ammount of smaller plants to match that weight and the reason is that a larger plant thats more developed is able to eat up nutrients faster, fend off insects and mold much more efficient. Though of coarse this article I am sure is based off one or possibly a few study's in an uncertain world where it's really hard to check facts. I can tell you I havn't found out yet how they even came to this conclusion other than their own personal studys. But I was just curious if you have ever played with it and if so why did you switch back to this size or maybe its all just what works best this that plants genetics I am sure. I am curious because My next cycle is two plants in the same style RDWC set up with the same nutrients but due to certain money hungry events in my life **traffic tickets cough cough*** I need to flower much sooner than with this girl I entered and just wanted to hear your take on it.
Take it easy hope to hear back from you.
Hydrologist

Back
Top Bottom