DocBud - New Room - Super Soil - Etc

Speaking of growing conditions... Doc, you were right about the increased temperatures under the lights driving down RH numbers. The space my new girls are in is now sitting at about 80f and 40-45% rh during lights-on. Thanks!

Just a bit of physics, bro!

Warm air can hold more water.....

But look out when the lights go out, if the temps drop too fast or too far, you're going to have condensation and really high Rh.....and that's going to give you powdery mildew.

Keep the nighttime temps above 67 and you should be OK. I spray my plants with compost tea every week or two....the leaves love it, and it really helps with the nasties that might grow.

been gone awhile just poppinback in to see how its going since i subscribed to this thread it must be good.

AND ITT IS keep up the dank work

dam i missed this site how did i go sso long

Lemon Paki gets chopped on Friday. Fall colors are right on time, triches were about 95% cloudy with a few stray clear ones and a few stray amber ones....mostly large, very well formed cloudy triches.

I dried two of the lowermost buds from one of the plants and smoked them. I'm really happy with the flavor from this strain and I will be growing it regularly. Smells like OG Kush but just a little bit different.....incredibly frosty, much easier to grow than OG....although I had to stake and tie most branches, they're nothing like the flimsy OG. The effect was also really nice, if you're into Kush's and the total mind/body buzz. People are going to love this strain if for nothing else besides bag appeal and smell. I prefer Sativa's myself, but Indica fans would love the Lemon Paki.

There's a few random shots of SF Berry. This strain is starting to look and smell like a keeper too. It's nearly 100% Indica but there's some Purple Haze in it which allegedly gives it a strange, hallucinatory effect.....whatever, we'll see. This is another strain from a famous breeder that he claims is another personal strain, like the Purple Paki.

Speaking of the Purple Paki....it's really superb smoke. Nice "purple" taste, delicious smell and a very refined, comfortable effect. It's elegant, yet relaxing. I could see it being great for anxiety and if you want to really drift away in the hot tub......but it's a horrible strain as far as trying to supply meds for people. Long, slow grower, poor yield, nightmare trim job. Is it worth it to grow? YES! But I'll just grow one plant for personal use now and then.

The plants that are just starting to flower are Chocolate Thai and New Zealand Purple Kush.

The plants that are in veg are "Indoor fem surprise." I have no idea what the genetics are, but they came with "great indoor strain. Femmed." So, we'll see.

Right now I'm on an odyssey, growing different stuff and trying to find keeper strains that no one else has. I've now got 41 unusual, unique strains to experiment with and so far the Lemon Paki is a definite keeper.

Finally, there are 10 OG Kush clones getting super healthy are ready to put into bloom next week. I'll be starting a new journal for that grow because it's a first for me: double SCROG. I'll have 10 seven gallon pots with a modified super soil recipe....all organic, teas, molasses, kelp, etc. These will be on a 3x6 flood table covered by two 1000 watt HPS, so the lighting will be optimal. I'll use two brand new Ushio bulbs. I'm really stoked to get that going....early next week.

Anyways, enjoy the pics!

IMG_20482.JPG

IMG_20493.JPG

IMG_20513.JPG

IMG_20532.JPG

IMG_20546.JPG

IMG_20556.JPG

Here's the Chocolate Thai. Great structure and a reasonable flowering time. I'm very hopeful for this one.
IMG_20566.JPG

IMG_20574.JPG

IMG_20588.JPG

IMG_20597.JPG

IMG_20613.JPG

IMG_20635.JPG

IMG_20643.JPG

IMG_20655.JPG

IMG_20663.JPG

First of all... wow! Great grow and setup. Props for all the knowledge you're sharing too. :high-five:

I spray my plants with compost tea every week or two....the leaves love it, and it really helps with the nasties that might grow.

How is this repelling "the nasties"? Is it the beneficial bacteria from the compost that protects the plant from fungus or how does it work?

First of all... wow! Great grow and setup. Props for all the knowledge you're sharing too. :high-five:

How is this repelling "the nasties"? Is it the beneficial bacteria from the compost that protects the plant from fungus or how does it work?

Yep. You got it. The tea has beneficial bacteria as well as a good amount of micronutes. It cleans the leaves off and keeps the nasties at bay. Even helps with mites if you do it once a week.

Worm tea and compost tea...I use both. But I stop about 3 to 4 weeks before harvest.

Our plants benefit most from bacterial dominant teas.....unless you're growing giants in the greenhouse, where you should do a root drench every couple weeks with a fungus based tea.

Because I use large pots and all these teas, I haven't checked pH in a long, long time. A good root drenching with tea will put just about anything right.

Compost Tea
Compost Tea

When compost tea is sprayed on a plant, the plant will often grow more vigorously, resist disease and insect attack, and may produce higher yields of flower and fruit. While chemical pesticides work by killing microorganisms, both the pathogenic and the beneficial ones, compost tea works on a very different principle. Inoculation of the soil with beneficial organisms can help to release plant available nutrients, aid the decomposition and recycling of soil organic matter, improve soil structure, and add beneficial organisms to the soil. The soil is full of microorganisms, such as bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and nematodes, and can aid plant growth.. Soil also contains disease causing bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and root feeding nematodes. The goal for using compost tea is to enhance the beneficial microorganisms in the soil.

The harmful bacterial decomposers and the plant toxic products they make are enhanced by anaerobic or reduced oxygen conditions. By making sure the tea and compost are well oxygenated and highly aerobic you eliminate 75% of the potential plant disease causing bacterial and plant toxic products. To take care of the other 25% of the potential diseases and pests, get good microorganisms into the soil as well as on at least 60% — 70% of the plants' leaf surface. Good bacteria work against the detrimental ones in four ways: they consume the bad bacteria, they may produce antibiotics that inhibit them, they compete for nutrients, and they compete for space. .................

Microorganism Selection

Compost tea can be dominated by either bacteria or by fungi. Bacteria dominated compost tea is for use as a foliar spray applied to herbaceous plants. It is especially useful for preventing foliar diseases. For the bacteria to dominate, it should be made from a preponderance of green materials such as 25% high nitrogen ingredients, 45% green plants, and 30% woody material. High nitrogen materials include manure, grass clippings, and legumes such as alfalfa, peas, clover, and bean plant residues. Green material includes any green plant debris, kitchen scraps, and coffee grounds, which all contain sugars and proteins that bacteria love. Woody material includes wood chips, sawdust, and paper products. The more frequently you turn the pile, the more the compost tends to become bacterial.

Fungi dominated compost is good for mulching around berries, fruits, and trees. Fungal compost consists of approximately 25% animal manure, 50% green plant material, and 25% shredded wood plant material. Any kind of disturbance to the compost pile destroys fungi by breaking up the mycelia. Fungal compost is especially useful for suppressing disease and introducing fungi for root development immediately after tree planting.

If worm compost (vermicompost) is used, the material does not have to reach the same temperatures but must be adequately processed by the worms. Passage through the earthworm digestive system kills human pathogens and most plant pathogens, but adequate time must be allowed for worms to process all the starting materials.

that's a defense mechanism for when a bird grags him/her. they tend to grab lizzards by the tail. i've caught those, when i was a little kid & had their tails fall off while playing w/them. he was prolly hiding from birds or chased a bug into u're garden. if he doesn't find any bugs, he'll leave.

that's a defense mechanism for when a bird grags him/her. they tend to grab lizzards by the tail. i've caught those, when i was a little kid & had their tails fall off while playing w/them. he was prolly hiding from birds or chased a bug into u're garden. if he doesn't find any bugs, he'll leave.

I hope he finds just enough bugs to survive....not enough to start a family. I've been bug free now for 2 cycles. Starting #3 without any problem so far.

I did have just a few mites last time, but they didn't do any damage and were easily put down.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

I don't see anything that would give a clue that it is completed.

Sorry bro, the last couple posts you made were all living plants, and nothing in sight saying that it was completed. I read back a few pages and saw nothing, maybe it was further back.

Back
Top Bottom