420 Newb & First Grow - Coco - Autos - Green-O-Matic - Auto Massassasin - 2016

been trolling the forums and internet and seems i should just continue with normal cycle , beg forgiveness from my ladies and promise not to do it again.. (and nxt time try not to overreact nd freak out so much, ha)

here goes eh , fingers crossed, lets see how the girls react

Dude sorry I've been away a couple days.. Power outages suck if your not home when it happens. Just get them back on their normal cycle. Autos are very forgiving when it comes to light schedules. Same thing with the zipper light leak, my older tent does the same thing. If I were growing photo plants in there then I might be a little concerned, but for my autos is not really a big deal. La like your bank on track, :goodjob:

KiG brother :green_heart:Cheers

Champion Snidrajsed, thanks :)

Still waiting on some magnets and strips to seal the tent up better as well thinking on a drop sheet after i get in there to see what other leaks once magnets are up and supporting the skirting.

New light ordered on ebay through Mars hydro, amazingly quick , got it like 3 days , at least 3 sooner than i was expecting, so any ways another 300w mars light installed...

Not happy about spacing of lights so did some shuffling round of plants.. They seem v. tight at the moment but hav aprox 40w coverage in full tent now, thinking of putting the ufo back in to cover some (1 of 2) of the dead spots of light as the plants grow. Considered buying another ufo but this lil experiment of mine keeps gettin a bit more expensive so might just hold off, not sure still itching over that , ha.
It would bring my whole space up over the magic 50w number but i figure im getting that in most spaces (7/9ths) of my tent with the 2 mars hydros, 8/9ths with the added ufo in one of the missing corners.

Anyways after all that some photos of the girls taken yesterday before a lil tying down :)

Day 42 -

Gree o matic - Bertha
DSC_53031.JPG

DSC_52991.JPG

Green o matic - Alex
DSC_5288.JPG

DSC_52891.JPG

Green o matic 3/3
DSC_52922.JPG

DSC_5291.JPG

DSC_5290.JPG

Massassin 1/2
DSC_52951.JPG

DSC_52932.JPG

Massassin 2/2
DSC_5287.JPG

DSC_5286.JPG

Ha um... not sure if ive confused them all but think thats about right. *note to self, get better photos with names of plants next time to make it easier to distinguish , also stop taking so many photos :p

The space :)
DSC_52771.JPG

Soz for some of the quality of those but will get some better ones up in a bit. Going to do some watering today so will see.

Thanks for stopping in and peace ;)

Hi mate thanks for yout post,

Will post pics of my last grow and my current one, great idea with the laptop charger for the heat i currently use a 400w hps (still convinced I ordered 600w but anyway) will be upgrading soon to run a grow room @ 400w and flowering tent @ 600w or 1000w roughly same size as yours 120x120??? What i would say is sprouting wise i kept seeing electric propegators and thinking 'what a crock of s**t but aldi of all places had an 8w one for 20 euro there a couple weeks back, sat in the car after getting it thinking 'your a gullible fool' brought it home and said may try it now put 10 (unsexed) seeds in small pots from dealz (12 pack 1.50) and spritzed with water placed it on bottom tent under plants ...... Next day ten sptouts bout 1-2 inches in size was so pleasantly suprised at how well it work, i think I was using the nutes your on about with not epic results for the time you put in(dark green bottles red lid 250ml) have switched to canna for this grow as a friend got 700g out the same plants (4 of them, fruit spirits) using just canna (vega .flores .cannazym. booster) and a plant magic cal mag wheras i got 188 off four 5 foot plants was raging ha.

Keep up they good work

Firstly , Happy 420 yall :D

Hi mate thanks for yout post,

Will post pics of my last grow and my current one, great idea with the laptop charger for the heat i currently use a 400w hps (still convinced I ordered 600w but anyway) will be upgrading soon to run a grow room @ 400w and flowering tent @ 600w or 1000w roughly same size as yours 120x120??? What i would say is sprouting wise i kept seeing electric propegators and thinking 'what a crock of s**t but aldi of all places had an 8w one for 20 euro there a couple weeks back, sat in the car after getting it thinking 'your a gullible fool' brought it home and said may try it now put 10 (unsexed) seeds in small pots from dealz (12 pack 1.50) and spritzed with water placed it on bottom tent under plants ...... Next day ten sptouts bout 1-2 inches in size was so pleasantly suprised at how well it work, i think I was using the nutes your on about with not epic results for the time you put in(dark green bottles red lid 250ml) have switched to canna for this grow as a friend got 700g out the same plants (4 of them, fruit spirits) using just canna (vega .flores .cannazym. booster) and a plant magic cal mag wheras i got 188 off four 5 foot plants was raging ha.

Keep up they good work

Thank you and your most welcome :)

Haha um yeah , i was a lil concerned over results as well tbf and truth be told when i made my first purchase did think i was buying canna products but ha, ce la vi i suppose.

These are the offending felons
DSC_0012108.JPG

Was disappointed when i saw them in the pound shop , mind i did pick up that lil rooting powder they got * figured it couldn't hurt too much, as well have since purchased these as supplements.

Hoping though pretty sure they should be covering anything that those lil bottles are missing.... *all fingers crossed

DSC_0014101.JPG

As far as that propagator goes, will have to keep an eye out at aldi , doesn't sound to bad that and nice germination rate too , fingers crossed shes an amazing grow. Keen to see some photos.

Also thought to upload these , if youve been reading along, i have been having light and tent space issues ( tent space is 80x80x160) so having ordered a new light you can see my current positioning as well in the airial shot, the two light dead spots within that i'd mentioned in previous posts

[CENTER
DSC_000196.JPG
[/CENTER

DSC_0003115.JPG

Pulling them out tomorrow or Friday at latest for a water so will reposition the girls but if i dont feel comfortable will prob end up putting in the ufo 50w true led to cover the spot on the back right.

Heat now is getting to be an issue , sitting at about 28/31 without fans and 25/26 with, going to look at adding another oscillating fan (have two clip on usb ones on order but not sure i want to wait)

Hey W1zard,

I finally got the pics off the iphone some ordeal and another trying to add them on this but alas I eventually managed it although i must have deleted most of the las grow as i definately had more. Only really one of the current grow as i and my poor attempt at scrogging I may find guidance here somewhere.
The larger plants were done using those nutes (got the rooting powder too) and what i did find is I never drilled any drainage one of the pots (they were to small anyway) but that one had the heaviest growth which kind of lead me to believe the nutes wern't strong enough as it thrived even though the soil wasn't draining like the others who had less bud in the end but with normal nutrients I would have a problem with nutrient burn if that much was sitting in the pot with no way to rid the excesss.

I do have to think the pk boost would be fine to load up on at 1.49 a bottle though!

I think you have good coverage with your lighting there , I'm wary about my next light as I was thinking no point spending money on cheaper ones to have to keep upgrading them and was drawn by spectrum king with 1.5g per watt claim but have read reviews where prople were not happy for the price (mad money) one huy paid $8000 for 4 or 5 of them and was scating about it he also linked a review that they removed from their website, he did a side by side of it a magnum.357 and diamond xps 150 with the results
Spectrum king 400 175g @ .36g per watt drawing 491 watts (at the wall) latest version of the light
Magnum .357 210g @ .63g per watt drawing 334 watts latest version of the light
Diamond xml 150 220g 1.49g per watt drawiing 148 watts last years version of the light

Thak made me look for a diamond xml but to no avail ha, and he said it was relatibely inexpensive but didnt say how much so I'm thinking of going gavita 600 or 1000w, at aroun 3-450 unless i can find one.
The fan in he pics isn't grat but last night got knocked down when it was on think the motor gone no it wasn't the one i wanted as it was a really hot week i bought it and argos were out of the one i wanted it was like 8 quid, but they have one for uaround 25 looks up to the job
Buy Challenge Chrome Tilting Desk Fan - 9 Inch. at Argos.ie- Your Online Shop for .

IMG_156326.JPG
IMG_156223.JPG
IMG_156121.JPG
IMG_087931.JPG
IMG_102035.JPG
IMG_103431.JPG

and this time around

IMG_084831.JPG
IMG_229718.JPG
IMG_230422.JPG

@bel , sorry for delayed reply , thought i had posted something back but was just going back through and realised i hadn't. my bad

i suppose then its a pretty good nute to start off with bearing in mind it doesn't seem like you can hurt the plants to much if you forgot to drill holes in like , but yeah most probably should be looking at getting something better

Yeah defiantly a lot of help to be had as well a wealth of information to be gleamed from these forums. was certainly worth signing up for ;) haha. Your plants and set up looking good though.

Damm , looked into those lights you were talking about and made me feel meek in comparison with my meagre set up ha.. they all worth a pretty coin them but im sure will return killer buds :)

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

dilemma dilemma soz for delayed replies and postings everyone , this is still an active grow and have loads o photos of it though just when it came to uploading them they all seemed rubbish so never got round to it, as well just have had heaps going on.

Will get some up asap as 3 of five of the bad girls are near harvest with three being flushed atm.t
Although im committed on only two of them as one is not showing signs of yellowing yet so think there may be another week or two of growth left.
As with the two late bloomers that i was worried about, I haven't even started H&G shooting powder but they have exploded in growth anyways having swapped from generic nutes bought at poundstore (u know how i feel about them or why i even had them if youv been following along ha) to Canna nutes a & b (would have gone h&g though couldn't find confirming information with regards to if needed 2 diff nute solutions between flowering and growing and as wanting to cut down a bit on cost and having recently left my job i found that canna was good through both ) and seems to be working well

Had a look through microscope and there still quite glassy. considering whether not to use shooting powder at all though if i do will be with next watering.
Some new photos to come today if i pull them out or tomorrow for sure as will be looking to water again

will go through older ones that i have and in the original tradition that i started this thread will post them pulp fiction style:)

Hope alls well on your end , Peace ;)

As promised some photos of the girls as they are at present :)

Day 89,

The 2 Late bloomers ,Greenomatic on left with Massassin on right​
DSC_02689.JPG

The green o matic
DSC_027112.JPG

The Massassin
DSC_02698.JPG

The three Girls closer to harvesting , The Massassin on left with 2 greenomatics to right.
DSC_028114.JPG

The Massassin​
DSC_027711.JPG

The Greenomatics
DSC_02788.JPG

DSC_02799.JPG

The last green house is the one im thinking of leaving a lil bit longer due to new growth on top of buds (possibly due to H&G shooting powder) as well not having shown any signs of yellowing through plan water flushing

Have been reading alot about bud washing so probably something im going to do with this harvest, suppose if i start doing it now i wont know any difference and wont be so much of an inconvenience to have to add it into my process later on.

Also whats your thoughts on partially harvesting plants? I think if i went down that route i could pull a little more from the undeveloped buds due to the overcrowding im currently experiencing though at the same time would mean extending that inconvenience .

Anyways hope your all well and all the best with your grows:D

Peace;)

haha im sorry for the delay though as you can imagine id been a lil busy. As well if truth be told *looks around to make sure no one is watching, im a bit of a stoner , lol, nd just keep forgetting my phone to take flicks :p

so yeah has been a busy week to say the least. flushed two girls , one green-o-matic and one massassin for 2 weeks and began ready for harvest

Massassin

DSC_030520.JPG

DSC_030922.JPG

DSC_032117.JPG

DSC_031424.JPG

Green-o-matic

DSC_033217.JPG

DSC_032821.jpg

Thats just a taste , more will be up in a couple hours as well a bit more info on the processes ive used .

enjoy

Peace ;)

Ok so here we go ,

Here we can see the three girls i have in flush , soon to be trimmed and chopped once coco dries :)
Massasin on the right with the 2 greenomatics on the left.. Besides on the right u can see what i ended up using as my drying rack

DSC_038413.JPG

Before i get into the drying rack though a bit more about the process, It involved a whole lot of reading and then just more a matter of fusing things together and going with what i felt was best

When chopping them down i did it at the start of their light cycle with them not seeing light that day. ( not going the full 24 hrs as some suggested for the increase in resin production, but so as to keep the plant from sucking nutes back up through the roots which they do during the day in a hope to reduce the overall cure time/process *shrug)

I used the bud washing technique described and pioneered by doc bud, but only using 3 buckets , 1 with lemon and bi card and the others as rinses gently shaking for 30 secs in each.

Alot of talk and concern with using this technique but mostly with lose of trichs and as discovered with research, thc not being water soluble we're fine there. (was quite a bit more extra work but hope it carry's through to final product)

With regards to drying tech it seems the most reasons people dont use hanging nets or laying them down was due to flat spots and or mold due to it sitting in a surface so using these mushroom and stock containers from old work (restaurant) i strung some wire between it at about half way up a couple times across . (to suspend the buds in air)

DSC_034319.JPG

DSC_034814.JPG

Stacked and put into a wardrobe i had a small usb fan circulating air and rotated the shelves over 5-6 days until i was getting cracks when trying to snap steams.

DSC_034731.jpg

and after all that , this is what i came up with :)
Green-o
DSC_035017.JPG

Mass
DSC_034913.JPG

And what did that all end up to?

Well some serious sore wrists and an order on ebay for new scissors was one thing, lol but ....

green o matic​
DSC_035718.JPG

DSC_035418.JPG

Massassin
DSC_036941.jpg

DSC_037510.JPG

Getting 41 and 52 grams respectively with 11 and 14 grams of trim/shake :)

sooo, 3 more girls in flush atm and these guys 3/4 days in to cure, all i have to do now is wait , fingers crossed.

Am so hoping some smell comes back to these lil girls, bit like hay atm. Can vaguely sense it getting a bit stronger though not sure thats just not in my mind ha , anywhos everyone gl and may ja bless your crops n you ;)

peace

soz for delays in posts.. i cant believe its been so long , will get back with some photos and updates shortly :)

Am just into 2nd week of cure of the last of this grow so will get some photos of the girls up the buds and some info about yields.
Managed to do some iceolater / bubble hash from first batch of trim as well so will include some pics of that :)

Hope alls going well with your grows

Peace ;)

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom