420 Tries Again! 4x4 RDWC 600W Switchable HID & 260W Actual LED

420BudzFreak

Hello there everyone. I hope you’re well. I’ve have been around in a while it seems. I’ve got another run started so why not show it off. They’re bag seed from a recent run I did and found a few seeds. The smoke was awesome so let’s go!

Tent - 4x4x7 with a zip and flip front door lol.

Medium - RDWC system built by yours truly. Very simple. Recirculating + over flow returns. Reservoir is out side of tent to help try and regulate temps. Same the the air pump. Two stones in each bucket and one in the res.

Nutrients - General Hydrponics trio, Enzymes (keep the roots fresh), and acid for ph. I’m lazy and work a lot so I keep things simple. These have worked for me for many years.

Lights - 1 x 600 watt switchable HID kit. Metal halide during veg, HPS during flower. 2 x Mars hydro 300 (130 watts at the wall each). Totalling 860 actual watts.

I’m glad to have anyone along who’d like to watch!! Questions are encouraged. Happy growing!!!

P.s. Here is a couple pics to bring you up to speed.

3B6A448D-2CFC-4208-B259-571A46A34E3A.jpeg
E343370D-10D4-48E2-A6C5-BF51E06EAA71.jpeg
92DD23C5-E4C8-41CA-AF5D-CC18DBA1EC09.jpeg
2E57DF9F-C3E9-4AFD-ADAC-9230FFD344DE.png
9787189A-1C98-43DC-BC94-BE3ABC1F18A8.png
C5B95D5A-2931-4AD9-BFF9-CC2DF3CC8C40.png
68CC9251-F9B1-4C87-8451-CB7BA52198EC.png

I'll tag along. I love your bucket system

Thanks!! Glad to have you. The one thing I would change if I did it again (and still might). Would be the buckets. I would get black. Without the awesome wrapping job I did, there was a bit to much light pen for me. We’ll see how this run goes!

Nice work, looks like they are moving along nicely. I will grab a seat and watch these babies grow. Love watching the quickness of dwc

Nice work, looks like they are moving along nicely. I will grab a seat and watch these babies grow. Love watching the quickness of dwc
Thanks dude! Glad to have you along. Im going to do my best to post regularly. Now that things are legal here, I think itll be easier to see through.

Good morning! Lights went out about 20min a go and I’m off to work shortly. Got some snow here yesterday! Hope everyone has a great day. I’ll post a picture when the lights go on and I take a peak at work. It’s so handy having a camera in there!

Snowed here as well Sunday into Monday. No work today, feels like -43 this morning lol

That would be kind of handy having a camera to watch them for when you aren't around, could do time lapse videos as well.

I got my flower room running lights on from 930am to 930pm. Would never have time in the morning to do anything with the plants if working but lots of time after work before bed this way.

Snowed here as well Sunday into Monday. No work today, feels like -43 this morning lol

That would be kind of handy having a camera to watch them for when you aren't around, could do time lapse videos as well.

I got my flower room running lights on from 930am to 930pm. Would never have time in the morning to do anything with the plants if working but lots of time after work before bed this way.

-43!!! I wouldn’t be going anywhere lol. The Camera is super handy. Referencing temps and humidity at different times of the day. Time lapse. Just being able to have a look whenever I want really. I like it. 9:30am -9:30pm eh? That’s good timing. I’ll probably do something similar. Gives you a bit of time at night.

Nope, I'm not lol been sitting in the house. Drove to work this morning to find out my job was cancelled, dam Canadian winters lol

Yeah my big thing is I'm usually gone by 6am for work, sometimes earlier. I also work late some night and may not get home til 7 or 8, so I needed to leave time in there to do my thing at least once a day. If I don't see them in a 24 hr period the anxiety goes up lol

Nope, I'm not lol been sitting in the house. Drove to work this morning to find out my job was cancelled, dam Canadian winters lol

Yeah my big thing is I'm usually gone by 6am for work, sometimes earlier. I also work late some night and may not get home til 7 or 8, so I needed to leave time in there to do my thing at least once a day. If I don't see them in a 24 hr period the anxiety goes up lol

I hear ya. That’s why I put the camera in lol. Then I can look in at any time. I love Canada and the winter, but sometimes.... damn it’s cold. When I flip to flower I’ll have to leave some time in there for them daily. Something to think about for sure.

Nice setup bro. I'm gonna tag along if that's cool. Those wyze cams are the shit aren't they? I have a couple myself, can't beat the price.
Hello and welcome! Glad to have you along. The Wyze cams are awesome. I have 2. Front door and garden. I’ll probabaly end up with a couple more haha. The price and quality are awesome. Can’t beat it for sure!

Hello and welcome! Glad to have you along. The Wyze cams are awesome. I have 2. Front door and garden. I’ll probabaly end up with a couple more haha. The price and quality are awesome. Can’t beat it for sure!

Have you tried the timelapse feature? I've been wanting to but haven't got around to it.

Have you tried the timelapse feature? I've been wanting to but haven't got around to it.
I have not! I’ve been meaning to get another sd card to put in this one. I’ll do that in the very near future. I wonder how they turn out.

Alrighty, so I’ve topped the one closest to the camera. 5th node was just peaking so I topped at the 4th. Now to let her grow out and do her thing! I may do a little lst, but I’m pretty much done manipulating/mutalating lol. I’ll wait for the other one to catch up a little then do the same thing. A couple pics! Before and after.
87105BBA-26AA-4FBB-8DAA-E49E6A68C1A5.jpeg

Attachments

• A916D200-9284-4433-B30E-CE97039DA8A1.jpeg
    A916D200-9284-4433-B30E-CE97039DA8A1.jpeg
    491.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 1A0294B8-438A-4918-BCAC-68389CE8CAAE.jpeg
    1A0294B8-438A-4918-BCAC-68389CE8CAAE.jpeg
    549.9 KB · Views: 216
  • 80B4CE85-AD9B-47DD-AB71-2CE589B37519.jpeg
    80B4CE85-AD9B-47DD-AB71-2CE589B37519.jpeg
    516.4 KB · Views: 186
I have not! I’ve been meaning to get another sd card to put in this one. I’ll do that in the very near future. I wonder how they turn out.

Id imagine that it would be good enough quality to make it worth while. If you do end up doing it let me know, I'd love to see it. Nice job on the topping too, looks good.

Id imagine that it would be good enough quality to make it worth while. If you do end up doing it let me know, I'd love to see it. Nice job on the topping too, looks good.
I’m not sure if you can see it, but on the bucket lid farthest from the camera there is a go pro mount lol. I used that and made a time lapse of 18 hours before. That turned out awesome. I might order a card off amazon tonight and give it a go with the wyze cam. I’m super curious now haha.

Back
Top Bottom