420ers jobs

weazypleazy

I was just curious as to what everyone does for a living. I'm in the process of moving and looking for a new job, and have stopped smoking for a while due to the possibility of having to pass a drug test. It's killing me not to smoke. I have used the drinks to flush my system before and have heard of the new synthetic systems out there. I was just asking to see if anyone has a high paying job that they didn't have to drug test for. I will be living on my own and paying for everything myself so a job that pays well is in need. I know the economy isn't helping me out either, but any suggestions?

when i was doing construction i guess you could consider it "high paying" atleast for an 18yr old, and with all the overtime i worked, never a drug test.

now im a tool & die maker for a machine shop, isnt high paying right now but should be decent once the economy pics back up.

i have never ever ever been drug tested, not even for workmans comp when i got my finger cut clean off a couple years ago at my current job

i figure if they want me to take a drug test i will take my skills somewhere else!

-RC

One industry that is doing well is the food industry. I work for Black Angus as an expo. Pretty much im the voice between the kitchen/chefs and the servers. Pretty easy job, and usually get tipped out every night. All of the jobs ive had never piss tested me so ive been fortunate. I also worked at a movie theater once but I couldn't have another job that I dont get tipped out. Do you have any past work experience, thats always helps. And If you know someone who works at the restaurant, the higher up the better makes it very easy to slide your foot in the door.

Ive moved to a new city before and theres one thing ive learned, you gotta drop off as many apps as you can. Get your resume out there as much as possible. It will increase your chances of getting call backs. Just remember that your not the only one looking for a job. So you must stand out on paper so you can get an interview. Its all about the interview!

Look into quikfix, its lab made urine that will pass any drug test. If its worth the 25 price tag, it can give you that sense of freedom even if your looking for work. good luck!

i own a small wall street trading technology firm. most wall street guys smoke bud and do other stuff too. they practically go hand in hand.

I'm an interactive programmer and make very good money. the company i work for is full of stoners so we don't get tested. Like rc51 said, if they want to test me, ill take my skills elsewhere.

i just graduated from college for computer programing. i started a internship at EPIC GAMES (yes, the company that made gears of war) in april. its only paying 12 dollars an hour. hopefully, after a couple years. i would be helping in making the next best first person shooter. i was surprised actually, that they didn't drug test. then again, weed and video games go together perfectly.

congrats on that happy headz, that will look great on your resume when you go elsewhere. Was your main focus in programming geared towards gaming? I too went to school for computer programming. Good to see responsible stoners out there.

yeah crimson, the only thing i could see myself doing for the rest of my life and enjoy it, was video games. i just graduated from UNC Greensboro. then a buddy of mind who is in the advertising industry. told me that EPIC GAMES was based in Raleigh NC. which was perfect. so i wouldn't have to be too far from my family. but my dream job is to go work for BUNGIE (the people who made my favorite game the HALO series). right now. Im just mocking up small projects that the programmers don't enjoy doing so much, and sometimes i get to be a beta tester, which is fun. yeah my friends never could believe that a guy who smoked so much weed all through college. would be able to still manage good grades.

yeah crimson, the only thing i could see myself doing for the rest of my life and enjoy it, was video games. i just graduated from UNC Greensboro. then a buddy of mind who is in the advertising industry. told me that EPIC GAMES was based in Raleigh NC. which was perfect. so i wouldn't have to be too far from my family. but my dream job is to go work for BUNGIE (the people who made my favorite game the HALO series). right now. Im just mocking up small projects that the programmers don't enjoy doing so much, and sometimes i get to be a beta tester, which is fun. yeah my friends never could believe that a guy who smoked so much weed all through college. would be able to still manage good grades.
that's awesome dude, looks like its all workin out for ya. I got a job doing interactive web programming while i was still in college. Good luck on your goals, bungie would be a hell of a good place to work. Actually, taking my tests and finals high worked out better than if i wasnt. It helped calm down the ADD and let me focus. It took a bit longer, but the results were so much better!

Man it's been too long since I played a good game of Halo. Might have to break it out again tonight. I used to be hooked on that shit!

yeah man! halo is the shit! i cant say that at work though. haha. I took all my test high. just like redman said in "how high". "Study High. Take The Test High. Get High Scores." I was considering moving to Canada and work for EA games. Just because the marijuana laws are more acceptable. but it sucks that the EA games in Canada is focused on sports games. I like shooters and RPG's both western or eastern and of course all the platform games.

I'm a bartender and even though the economy isn't rockin, people still hit the club. Guess its easier to forget your problems than deal with them, ya know. Money is great still (and I don't have to worry about employer drug tests), everyone would fail. :smokin:

If you can't get work right away, try bartending. Just be careful, its addictive.

Self employed so its not a problem cant get baked at work though, i find my customer service skills go down the drain, i just cant look at them in the eye when im wasted.

I deliver beer to stores for various companies. Even with the economy in the shitter, people still somehow have plenty of money for beer. My cousin owns our trucking business, so he doesn't test me.

I work in the meat department at a grocery store. Chop that shit all day long, then smoke on break.

wow, its crazy cuz i go to A&T down the road from UNCG, crazy how small the world seems in this forum, even though its a huge forum!

hey man, Theirs stoners all over the world. I live in Raleigh now. But, I'm usually in town on weekends, because raleighs night life is lame. Gotta love the broccoli city. sometimes i'll hit up charlotte too.

Back
Top Bottom