420growerguy's Bubblicious Indoor Soil Closet Grow June 2014 2-50w CFL 100W

420growerguy

I'm starting this journal a little late, but better late than never I guess. I am unfortunately starting at about week 2 of veg, so we are't too far in. I've been reading alot of the Journals on here and I figured I may as well share. I have been taking photos as a sort of personal journal, but without the explanation behind it, and someone to give advice, I'm kind of in the dark here. This is my First Grow, and I'm realizing that as much research as I did I was not prepared. I have experienced some set backs already. I had a run in with some light burn on my lower node.Here are the photos that I do have.

Princess_Bubblegum_6-13-14.jpg

week 1 of seedling. Maybe 3 days after germ.
6-15-14.jpg

end of week 1 seedling. doing fairly well.
6-16-14.jpg

Start of week 2 seedling.
6-20-14_2_.jpg

end of week 2 seedling. starting veg lighting schedule of 18/6. Also attempted to FIM, but ended up tearing my third node. YES!!!! I know I FIMed WAAAAAY too early, but my impatience got the better of me.
6-20-14.jpg

6-22-14_2_.jpg

Two days after FIM and lighting change. Doing really well. She recovered from my mishap and seems to be doing exceptionally well.
6-22-14.jpg
Here is a better photo of the growth coming out of the cut location.
Lightburn.jpg

This was discovered maybe two to three days ago. My light had slipped from its holding spot while I was at work and gave my lower node a good 7-8 Hours of up close and personal Fluorescent lighting.
6-25-14_2_.jpg

This was taken the same day i discovered the light burn. Still fighting.... hope its still some good buds.

As you can see I'm still learning and We are still in the early stages of growth here. Subscribe, and watch as I try to figure my way to harvest. Advise is always Welcome..:smokin:

Just a quick update more photos later in the week.

The tops from where I FIM'd are flourishing. Each leaf of these four have five fingers a piece. They are a nice dark green.
Very happy with the way she is overcoming the stress. Overall I can say she is definitely working hard.

That's it for now. Like I said, just a quick update. I hope you guys are watching :)

Hey guys!! Update!!!

Things were looking good for a while, however I have recently noticed yellowing tips on my leaves. I'm chalking it up to Nitrogen Def, but I could be wrong. I'm not using nutes, but I think I may also be having PH issues. It's still really early in the symptoms. Any input would be greatly appreciated. once I get my phone up and working again I may post more pics, but its not like anyone is involved.

Hey guys!!!!! BIG UPDATE!!!!!
Snapshot_20140704_2.JPG

I went out to town yesterday and decided to grab some important things to improve this grow. Things have been kind of half-assed and I believe my girl deserved better. so, I grabbed some new soil (FF Happy frog) and I grabbed some FF Big grow to help boost the mistakes I have made. So far I have comed to the conclusion of failing to understand the importance of patience and care.

I had decided to top too early, this unfortunately was my first mistake. In the process I also damaged my third node. this led to an unplanned stunt in growth. She struggled through and eventually started growing more and more, as well as, taking the LST tie downs in stride.
Snapshot_20140704_1.JPG

The stem is incredibly thick for what i expected. It also started to twist and this also created more girth. The tops are doing well, however, I'm worried about this Nitro Def. As to why I started thinking of making this grow a better one.
Now as for the improvements that have been made. I have taken the white sheet I was using as a cover away and replaced with a blackout curtain that wraps around the grow area. The fan has been moved from the upper corner pointing down, to the level of the plant to allow more even airflow to the stem and undergrowth. I have Added one more light, which brings us to 3 19W 1300L CFL's which brings our total Lumens to 3900L.
Snapshot_20140704.JPG

I also Transplanted her into a bigger 3G pot. I have not introduced the Nutes yet, but I have the watering and feeding schedule figured out to regular water one day in the morning. Wait one day. Water, AND Feed. Wait two days. Repeat. Now most people say the easiest way to OVERWATER is to water too OFTEN more the too much at once. I am giving her about 2L spread throughout a 24 hour period. I dont like drowning because I dont have a sprinkle effect on the soil. just pouring gallons right onto your soil can cause major fluctuations in root habitat. (Which is what I've been doing) so instead of watering heavily every now and again. I'm watering less more frequently. The reasoning behind this is the ability to feed more frequently. The Directions on the bottle say once every other watering. The FF Feeding schedule says once every week. I found a nice median. I have yet to get Ph equipment, but it is on my list. Just waiting on funds.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Put a tray under the pot, add water to it. let the water wick its way up & plant will head down!
Slag

Hey guys!!!!! BIG UPDATE!!!!!
Snapshot_20140704_2.JPG

I went out to town yesterday and decided to grab some important things to improve this grow. Things have been kind of half-assed and I believe my girl deserved better. so, I grabbed some new soil (FF Happy frog) and I grabbed some FF Big grow to help boost the mistakes I have made. So far I have comed to the conclusion of failing to understand the importance of patience and care.

I had decided to top too early, this unfortunately was my first mistake. In the process I also damaged my third node. this led to an unplanned stunt in growth. She struggled through and eventually started growing more and more, as well as, taking the LST tie downs in stride.
Snapshot_20140704_1.JPG

The stem is incredibly thick for what i expected. It also started to twist and this also created more girth. The tops are doing well, however, I'm worried about this Nitro Def. As to why I started thinking of making this grow a better one.
Now as for the improvements that have been made. I have taken the white sheet I was using as a cover away and replaced with a blackout curtain that wraps around the grow area. The fan has been moved from the upper corner pointing down, to the level of the plant to allow more even airflow to the stem and undergrowth. I have Added one more light, which brings us to 3 19W 1300L CFL's which brings our total Lumens to 3900L.
Snapshot_20140704.JPG

I also Transplanted her into a bigger 3G pot. I have not introduced the Nutes yet, but I have the watering and feeding schedule figured out to regular water one day in the morning. Wait one day. Water, AND Feed. Wait two days. Repeat. Now most people say the easiest way to OVERWATER is to water too OFTEN more the too much at once. I am giving her about 2L spread throughout a 24 hour period. I dont like drowning because I dont have a sprinkle effect on the soil. just pouring gallons right onto your soil can cause major fluctuations in root habitat. (Which is what I've been doing) so instead of watering heavily every now and again. I'm watering less more frequently. The reasoning behind this is the ability to feed more frequently. The Directions on the bottle say once every other watering. The FF Feeding schedule says once every week. I found a nice median. I have yet to get Ph equipment, but it is on my list. Just waiting on funds.

Back
Top Bottom