hoffman1943

Pot Size - 3.5 gallon
Lights - CFL 300w
Nutrients - Biobizz Grow/Bloom
Strain(s) - 8 Ball Kush by Barneys Farm
Grow Tent - GrowLab40 - 40X40

Hi Gang... :)
This will be my second grow
With my first grow I learn so much and I feel exciting to do grow with my knowledge after the first experience
I've decided to grow 2 8 ball kush and do some scrogging to increase the yield
my 2 8 ball kush are 5 days old today, i germinate them in rockwool cubes, they pop up after 4 days and 4 days later roots appear below and I transplant them to soil with 25% Perlite.
i'm using now 2 65w cfl 6500 + 1 27w. i've got 9 different cfl's in my tent which i will switch on later..
I will add photos later today or tomorrow
Any tips for growing 8 ball kush will be wonderful :Namaste:

image18717.jpeg
image18715.jpeg
image18716.jpeg

I don't really understand if i need to put some water on the rockwoll when its in the soil and the soil moist..
the rockwool seem like dry. can someone help with that?
i don't want to overwater them or let them dry by mistake
:Namaste:

For now leave them on 24/0 it will limit the stretchy bean pole seedling from happening. You must keep the rock wool wet, the pot looks wet did you saturate it before planting? If so just a 1/4 cup of water on the rockwool only and only if the rockwool is dry. weigh the pot and journal it every day so you can tell when the plant starts using more and how much is evaporating.

Hab.

For now leave them on 24/0 it will limit the stretchy bean pole seedling from happening. You must keep the rock wool wet, the pot looks wet did you saturate it before planting? If so just a 1/4 cup of water on the rockwool only and only if the rockwool is dry. weigh the pot and journal it every day so you can tell when the plant starts using more and how much is evaporating.

Hab.

hello my friend
i saturate the soil before planting.
when it will be the best time to move to 18/6?
i wondering there is some way to know if the rockwool really wet..?
thank you for your help!!

Heya hoffy, cheers to ya friend,, karma sent all the way from here to yer little ones, it will get there, no worries

The growth adventure begins, ha, what fun

Couple points iffin Ok with you,,

Watering, so important and seemingly so difficult to get a handle on. There is a link in my signature, maybe check it out,, from emelya, or similar

Get to know yer pots, how heavy they are,, light as air when dry, heavy as heck when wet, this is the best way, with smallish pots, to develop a watering schedule,, do not guess when to water,, the pots will tell you. Let em nearly totally dry between waterings,, then when you water, water em real good,, lots of run off, extra water draining out of the pot. If you saw roots out of the rockwool, those roots are in the soil now,, water the soil around the rockwool, all will be good

Lights,, get em close,, cfls can be oh so close,,

P1160568.JPG

Even closer,, my motto, with cfls,, two inches is too far,, Even younguns, get em close. Disclaimer,, i have never used cfls of your size,, careful with the placement,, but, use yer hand,, put it an inch away, from the ballast end, that is the hot spot,, check it is not too hot,, warm is ok

All fer now,, cheers friend,, oh, btw,, tho I have never done 24/0,, i dont see an advantage to doing so. 18/6 works just fine,, my opinion only

Imho those extra 6 hours as a seedling / day gets the roots growing faster and able to establish more foliage sooner . But hey I also use rooting powders and bottled nutes. Plenty of why's, question is why not 24/0?

24/0 is all good, no worries, so many idiosyncrasies for something as simple as light timing. Plenty o folk do 24/0. Couple points about it,, the obvious cost involved, minimal, I know, but there,,,,,the extra heat,, can be a bonus in the winter, not so desireable in the summer,,

Some folks do 12 on, 5off, 1 on, and 6 off,, this minimal amount of light during the off time fools the plant into "not" flowering.
And one more point,, it has been much talked about anf there are threads on the subject as to whether plants continue to grow during lights out, and the general concensus is that plants continue to grow during lights out and some evidence suggest plants need the dark time, produces some something in the plants,,
Just sayin,, cheers

I would agree in a southern climate heat may be an issue but in the northern climate its negligible and I see you use cfl as does the OP this is a moot point. I use led cobs so power use and heat are again irrelative to me. My tv runs more watts than my grow. So many idiosyncrasies for something as simple as light timing are worth debating and analyzing . Example Cannabis is classed as a C3 plant, meaning it can absorb CO₂ during periods of light for photosynthesis. This theoretically eliminates the need for darkness, as they do not need periods of dark to photosynthesis, unlike C4 plants. Regardless 24-hour lighting offers greater potential, but it may not always be practical. Either way, both light cycles will see your cannabis flourish, so happy growing!

Hab.

I am not sure i know of or read of any one even using gas lantern routine any more. Just saying :blunt:

day 13 of veg 8 ball kush, i'm adding 1/4 cops of water to the rockwools every day, looking good :)

plant 1

image18763.jpeg

plant 2

image18762.jpeg

Thanks!

My first was some bag seed of of some sour diesel. Also grew with same setup. You can go check out my first grow it's in the completed journals name is My First Grow. I didn't get to finish the Grow because of moving problems but the cfls really surprised me. She was in flowering stage and she was beautiful.

Sent from BigRed using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks!

My first was some bag seed of of some sour diesel. Also grew with same setup. You can go check out my first grow it's in the completed journals name is My First Grow. I didn't get to finish the Grow because of moving problems but the cfls really surprised me. She was in flowering stage and she was beautiful.

Sent from BigRed using 420 Magazine Mobile App

i was also surprised from my CFL over my first run that was also some bag seed i pull out 40gr dry flowers
good to see more cfl grow around here :)

Back
Top Bottom