First ever grow!!
Strain- The widow
Stage- Germinated and just now potted and placed into grow tent
Indoor grow
Soil- Bio Bizz light potting mix
Light- 400w HPS
Setup- Black Orchid grow tent 80x80x160
51jaoEEg25L.jpg

Ferts- Bio Bizz- (bio grow and bio bloom)
2 plants, feminized seeds

New to the site, registered today. Really excited about planting my new babies and cannot wait to see the final results!

My first grow so go easy on me! i ordered a book from amazon so i've picked up enough info to get me started, so much info on this subject it's unreal! would really appreciate any help with my grow as the days pass..

At the minute thinking ahead, i'm wondering when I should start to use fertiliser and when will my 2 plants need re-potting to something bigger?? Also one of my seeds was much bigger than the other, could one be a male? :hmmmm:

also i should mention that my seeds have just germinized and have now been potted, just waiting for them to break through my soil surface

so, i should probably think about uploading a pic of the setup.. anywayz look forward to hearing from yaz!

Re: 420's Bettybud-The Widow-Indoor grow-2014

Looks like your off to a great start! Books are good, but nothing beats the advice of the growers here at :420: It always seems like every time you read a book it contradicts something you read in another book. Update often and there will always be someone here that's familiar with your strain to help you out. Having a resource like this means your bound to succeed! :high-five:

Ok time for some advice, I have some Bio-Bizz Bio grow fertiliser ready to go, should i start using this from day 14? and how much do I use? also a little worried i'm giving my plant too much water, been reading that 1 watering a week is plenty.. I've been watering every other day keeping the potting mix dark at the top and watering as it dries, so far looking good though! :thumb:

It's true you don't want to overwater. I use the weight of the plant to tell when to water there is enough of a difference you cam tell that it's time to water. You should get used to the weight of your plants when they are watered and when they are dry. You can also stick your finger in the soil a couple inches deep to feel if it's dry but this may cause some root damage. just a thought

What Harley said. You can tell if your over watering if her leaves start to curl downward, the whole plant will get a droopy look to her. Don`t ever stick to a "watering schedule". If shes dry then water, if shes not let her dry out first. I like to water around the edges of the pots only. Make those roots stretch out and grow as they search for the water. As for feeding, keep in mind the instructions on the bottles list the maximum amounts a plant can handle (they want to sell more product so they want you to use allot). Start small and work your way up depending on how your plants react. 1/4 strength at first is a good place to start. :thumb:

Thanks guys top tips! love the idea of making the roots work for the water shall be doing that for sure. Installed the inline fan and carbon filter today, maybe a little early but just want to get everything ready and identify problems I may come across sooner rather than later, here's another pic..
IMG_29395.JPG

Looking good...

i have read that its not a bad idea to let the soil get pretty dry once or twice during the veg grow.. which well make the roots push not only to the sides but also down looking for water..

Hi Cgo thanks for stopping by, i've read that too and so i'm letting my pot dry out a little now.

Unfortunately my first seedling that was germinated and potted didn't make it, as stated before i think it's because it was sitting under the HPS light before i had the fan setup (showing my inexperience a little here! :scratchinghead:). Plant number 2 is looking very healthy and i'm considering squeezing a few more plants in as I still have 4 seeds one of which is marked up P.A. which I believe is Purple Arrow..

So does anyone have any ideas how many plants maximum I should keep in this grow tent? Hydroponic Grow Room Tent Kit - 80x80x160 Black Orchid Tent, 4" TT Fan, 400w Lighting Kit: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors :helpsmilie:

My White Widow strain is apparently more sativa than indica and my Purple Arrow plant is indica, i'm thinking i could squeeze 3 WW in with the PA..

Thanks Pitbull that's 3 more plants now in germination :thumb:, I plan to harvest by mid August as my girlfriends mum is coming to visit us! growing/smoking cannabis is illegal here in England and so i have to be very discreet.. not sure yet when I will switch from veg to flower mode, very busy with work etc but will soon get a date in mind

So from what i've been reading here at 420 I should consider starting the flowering cycle at a month or when the plant reaches a foot tall. Does this sound about right? and at what stage do you top the plants?

Also thinking about getting a couple more lights as i think this will help produce a bigger yield if the plants get to a decent height, should maybe think about a spare bulb for the HPS also, just in case..

You can top your plants when they get over 3 nodes. I like to top photoperiod plants around the 4th node of growth. I don't think your going to be able to harvest by august like you were saying. Considering 4-5 week veg and anywhere between 8-10 week flower. I think your 400w hps will do fine. I would Lst them to go for the bigger yield. Training them will get light to lower bud sites for better production. Topping them also gives you more colas = bigger yield.

Ok so just checked with the girlfriend, we are away on holiday from 22-29 sept and then her mum comes over after that, so I have much more time than i thought, sweet! :morenutes:

Is that long enough though? I have a close friend that i can trust to work on the plants if needs be whilst we're away on holiday, but the grow tent needs to be packed away for when mum comes to visit or :rip:

Back
Top Bottom