420's Outdoor CBD Therapy Grow Journal - 2016

Hi gardeners,

It has been very warm for a few days here, about 35°C until to 7 pm....however the girls are doing well, being at shadow during the most hot hours of the day. I have done some more home made training with the cutting, using bamboo sticks. The max height is now lesser than 50 cm, which is the aim to keep it hidden. The cutting is entering into flowering, it is a little bit late: no harvest until November I'm afraid.
A picture of the cutting (the paper roll used as scale is 0,8 m long.)
P1120372.jpg

P1120367.jpg

zoom on the 4 main colas
P1120370.jpg

A view from the top, with the mother plant less exposed to the sun and much smaller
P1120375.jpg

flowering beginning
P1120378.jpg

Cheers

Hi folks,

20g after drying and curing (wonderful smell): this is what I have got with the first run/accelerated flowering harvested in July: a lot of work for a little harvest! Wet weather and botrytis did not help, but this was a funny experience. Let see what I will get with the cutting...
Cheers
GH

Hi everyone,

A short update. Things are doing well, the stretch is almost over and flowering starting to develop rapidly now. Nothing else to add except that I was not expecting such a large bush....don't know what it will give at the end, but it changes me from the small auto flowering strains.
A few pic to illustrate.
Cheers
GH
the girl with 0.8 paper roll for the scale
P1120413.jpg
P1120406.jpg

P1120424.jpg
P1120418.jpg
P1120422.jpg

Caught up from the beginning and subbed to this nice journal. I've been wandering around the internet researching high cbd strains for pain relief. I've never grown or used any high cbd herb so it's a bit mysterious to me. Have you noticed any pain relief from this strain?

Hi Weaselcracker,

Thanks for the kind words. I was not suffering from any kind of pain when I vaporized this strain, so I can't tell you. It is important to know that CBD crew has released a kind of warning about this strain this summer: finally, the genetics is not as stable as expected and about 1 or 2 seeds out of 5 would display the claimed ratio of CBD/THC of 20. The rest of the seeds will be somewhat higher regarding THC levels, despite the CBD/THC ratio will be at least 2. Some more explanations here:
Sale of CBD Therapy
My guess is that some THC is needed to have an analgesic effect, so this may be good news if this strain is not so low in THC.
I think I will try the industrial plant auto CBD next year: the ratio CBD/THC is also close to 2 and it will be much easier/faster to grow.
Hoping it helps

Cheers

GH

Hi folks!

Time for a short update. Things are doing well at about 30 days flowering with a very nice dry weather for September, temperature betwwen 20-25 during the day, not less than 10 during the night. Days are shortening fast. The girl is making buds everywhere, which is something nice to see. Thrichomes are now visible: hope the weather will remain dry for sometimes. Some leaves eaten by thrips, but nothing terrible.
Not much less to add!
Best
GH
P1120434.jpg
P1120435.jpg
P11204371.jpg
P1120442.jpg

I was not suffering from any kind of pain when I vaporized this strain, so I can't tell you

You must be younger than me! Well- I'm glad you're pain free and hope you stay that way. Thanks mate. I checked that link. I missed where they talked about the effects much- maybe in the comments at bottom- I'll check again. They're still seems to be a lot of mystery around these strains. Or maybe it's just me- but I have trouble finding an actual clear report of the effects of a high cbd strain after smoked, vaped, ingested, whatever. Though I have read people saying things like 'the pain vanished' .
Sweetsue also recommended a 2:1 ratio for pain. Elsewhere on the Internet I read that a 1:1 ratio is the one for pain. Seems like I'll have to save my money and get a variety (?). In the meantime (while I wait to get richer) I'll keep wandering around and investigating. If any pain comes along for you- you know what to do. :thumb:

Thanks for the advise and the comments (which made me laugh), and to be honnest, I am not always pain free. As the joke says: when after 50 you wake-up and feel no pain, this means you're dead....:laughtwo::laughtwo:
Below are the 2 extracts from the thread I was referring to:

veralynn58 · 2 months ago
Saving this to digest more later. I wish more (non-stoner) people knew about the benefits of CBD. It has personally helped me with chronic pain, and anxiety, which THC can actually make worse. Thank you for going heavy on the details. :)

$0.00
3 votes

[-]yogi.artist58 · 2 months ago
I'm glad to hear that CBD has helped you too @veralynn. I didn't want to go into it too much in the blog, but CBD has helped me majorly, with what was previously pretty debilitating pain at times.

Some people really don't get along with THC, me being one of them too. As you so rightly state, it can make the very things that CBD heals, worse. To me CBD and THC are like Yin and Yang! I'm not dissing THC either, because I know that it's useful for some conditions, just not any that i've had to deal with.

In summary. CBD is a truly miraculous little healer.

It has improved my quality of life considerably since medicating with it.

Hence, me advocating it and working to spread the word :)

Hi folks,

A quick post for fun today. First a picture of the smallest cannabis plant ever grown: this is a cutting I have done late July (still CBD therapy), while flowering was probably already engaged: it has never grown (almost 2 months now) and hardly reached 3 cm high but flowering!

Cheers

GH
P1120457.jpg

Ola amigos!

Fall is here since about 1 week and rain is coming back, withnocturnal humidity, close to 100%. Even some mild frost one morning. Everything is OK untill now, buds are growing not as fast as I would like to, but the lady is still beautiful, with some signs of senescence in the center. I have looked carefully for mold today and have found a first bud infected: hope it won't spread. I think she needs at least 2 more weeks, but, since she is quite large (between 1,5-2 m2, despite not tall) I should have at the end much more than I need (my optimistic nature). So I will perhaps start to cut the ripest buds next week-end. In fact, my device for drying (a simple cardboard box) does'nt enable processing large quantity, so I will have to cut it progressively: if mold was spreading, I still would have something saved , if I am lucky, I will be able to compare between just ripe and fully ripe batches (and let you know if there is any difference in the strength, but for this strain, strength is not the goal).
Best wishes for those who haven't harvested yet: I think this year has been great in Western Europe, with a very nice, warm and dry September.
Best
GH

P1120493_1_.jpg
P1120512.jpg
P1120497.jpg
P1120495.jpg
P1120500.jpg
P1120498.jpg
P1120519.jpg
P1120481_1_.jpg

Hi all !

One more week and although the weather was quite cloudy with frequent showers, no mold hopefully (maybe because it is also rather cold ?) and buds are getting slowly bigger. Now that the sun is low on the horizon, the plant has no more than 2-3 hours of sun per day (if there is sun !) and only in the afternoon. It seems enough to have still some maturation: I will wait for one more week/10 days before harvesting. The weather forecast predict 2 days of rain (22 mm Monday) and then rather dry....fingers crossed. As you will see at the end of the pictures, Mrs Dwarfie is still alive and flowering: Maybe it could enter the Guiness book....
Thans for reading/following
Best
GH
P1120535.JPG
P1120543.JPG
P1120540.JPG
P1120538.JPG
P1120551.JPG
P1120555.JPG
P1120558.JPG
P1120553.JPG
P1120560.JPG

Hi there,

Close to the end of this journal. I have harvested today about the half of the plant, mold was coming back. I have cut the biggest colas and buds but as shown in the pic, some nice buds remain. A few buds lost due to the mold, no big deal and already much more than I will need: the friends will be happy. Despite no rain, humidity is close to 90% most of day (and night). I will cut the rest in a few days. I have put about the half of the harvest in the attic of the house: it's cold and humidity is high during the night, but it's dryer than outside, about 10-15 °C during the day and rather well ventilated: I think it should be OK. The other half is drying in a cardboard box close to the ceiling and the air extraction pipe of my kitchen. (no smell, works very well)
One of the biggest bud, a spot of mold visible at about 12 cm
P1120579.jpg

about half of the harvest here
P1120587.jpg

The lady after the cut, some nice buds remain
P1120594.jpg
P1120586.jpg

Cheers
GH

Hi there,

Second cut today (at about 60 days flowering), taking the opportunity of sunny day. The harvest is almost completed (I would say 80%), only small buds remain, I will let them go until it freezes, just to see if they still keep on getting bigger and the effect stronger. The drying in the attic is doing well: I was rather anxious at the beginning since humidity is often about 80% and sometimes more during the night and even during the day if rainy. After 2 days off, good surprise today when I had a look (need some mountaining to get in the attic): the first harvest has dried significantly (starting to be crispy) and the risk of mold is low now. You can see the different shades of green (not 50 and not grey, but still worth a look) on the picture; the greener being the today's cuts.
Let's wait now for the complete drying and I will give you the total weight before closing this journal.
Best
GH
Harvest of the day
P1120596.JPG

The lady after the second cut: some buds remain but I was fed up manicuring...
P1120598.JPG

The harvest drying
P1120607.JPG

Let's wait now for the complete drying and I will give you the total weight before closing this journal.

The pain! Don't forget about the pain report!!
Don't make me come over there and hurt you!

Just kidding mate. Reps for the grow.

I got my cbd therapy seeds today and am very excited to see if I will get any pain relief from this plant

Hi weaselcracker!

Still no pain worth mentionning (lucky me) but what I can say is that I have tried this strain (vaporizing) blended with a normal and rather strong one (at least for me , which is cream caramel auto): I have tried up to 50% of cream caramel and 50% of CBD therapy and you still have no head buz and stone, which is appreciable if you don't like these effects. So I guess you should find a good ratio for pain, if this CBD therapy alone was not enough.
I promise, as soon as I my back pain is coming back, I try CBD ther alone and let you know!
Good luck for your grow, I will follow if you go for a journal.
GH

Hi folks!

I have finally left about 10% of the buds on the plant in order to let it a chance to survive winter (it looks almost like shown on the last picture, see above). I have protected it with plastic and since winter are much less cold than before here, maybe it will make it until spring. Let see, it will be fun if it works (I have seen on the web people saying this was not possible). The drying is doing well, although the % of humidity was constantly rather high in my attic and most often close to 80-85%, even higher some rainy days. The drying was slow but I have had no mold and no loss. I completed the drying in a warmer and dryer place, splitting the harvest in smaller batches. Up to now, I have already 75g well dried and under curing. I think I should end with 100-110g, which is by far my highest harvest.
All the best
GH

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom