420's Outdoor CBD Therapy Grow Journal - 2016

Hi Frenchy672, Snid and all!

Frenchy672, thanks for following and advises: nonetheless I agree but actually, before reading your post, I already have removed the tomato seedling. As you will read below, I also have change the pot today! The roots were clearly needing room despite not protruding through the holes at the pot bottom.

Time for an update at 54 days after germination. Everything is doing well, except that after almost 2 weeks in 12/12, still no pre-flower showing up. However, looking at the top, I'm confident it should not be too long now. Meanwhile, I have taken to cuttings from the lowest shoots (see picture) and put them in little hand made mini greenhouses (made from plastic bottles) and put them in peat roller: they look quite good, even after being exposed to the morning sun for some hours. I have also change the size of the pot (the new one is about 10 liters) and I think ( hope!) I should go up to the end with it. I have fill it with a mixture of coco fibers, worm compost, heather earth, classical potting medium and some tomato fertilizer. I also have applied an insecticide treatment today, thryps being more and more numerous and starting to leave scars in the leaves.
Time for some pictures.
Best !
P1110970.jpg
P1110989.jpg
P1110967.jpg
P1110966.jpg

Ok please help me understand how you have like a inch before your first node from the soil? When you transplant do you do that like tomato plants? You repot like 6 inches of stem? It really confuses me especially because you aren't even doing any training

Outdoors organicshttps://www.420magazine.com/forums/journals-in-progress/274432-kera-bubblegum-northern-lights-afghan-lime-my-3-strains-im-growing.html

Hi Sedj2131,

My goal is to be as fast as possible for this session (I leave in August for a month) and to go for a one bud (or something like, never did before...). So I don't plan to top her.
THanks anyway and other advises welcome

Hi Ohioboy,

Yes, it something in between: I have put a small part of the stem in the soil, but not 6 inches. I would say 1 inch: it depends how the seedling has started its growth: for this one, the start was very good and the first pair of leaves did start close to the ground. Hoping my explanations are understandable!
Best.
GH

Hi there
Time for an update. Mrs CBD therapy is now 61 day old and the first pre-flowers have shown up 2-3 days ago, almost 3 weeks after having started to put her in the dark at 12/12 h regimen. So let say it is the first day flowering. If it needs 8 to 9 week as claimed by the breeder, this should lead us about mid July for the harvest.
You may see that some leaves have brown extremities: I think this is due to the following: being absent for 1 day and nobody available to cover/uncover the plant, I have let it under its zinc can all day long and the sun was rather strong: I suspect that the temperature has been a little too high for a while. Except that, she looks rather healthy and has begun to stretch: I'm afraid the can I use to cover it will be soon too small: I have to think rapidly about something else....

P1120052.jpg
P1120051.jpg
P1120050.jpg

Hi everybody,

Some news from the cuttings, rather good, at least for one of the 2. Nice roots have appeared (amazingly strong) and I have up potted it today. Only 10 days after cut and without rooting hormone but exposed to direct sun from early morning to 2 pm into its plastic bottle greenhouse. The other one looks OK but no sign of roots yet.
Cheers
P1120056.jpg

Hi Snid and all!

A picture taken today, in comparison with that taken 5 days ago:stretch is on going! Very rainy here but mild temperature: slugs have attacked but damages remain limited (game: find the slug in the pic). More pre-flowers, things are doing well. The wood sticks allow to center the zinc trash I put on it everyday.
today
P1120058.jpg

5 days ago
P1120052.jpg

For the first time in my gardening experiences, this strain produces leaves with 9 lobes (the classical 7 plus 2 very small at the basis), not sure it can be seen below, I will try better pic tomorrow.
P1120060.jpg

Best
GH

Hi there !

After travelling to Uruguay thanks to Pablo (and congratulations for your beautiful CBD skunk haze), back to Europe for some more pic. with a better light.
We are now at 67 days after germination and 7 days after the first pre flowers have shown-up. As you can see, the girl is now about 55cm high and I wonder how much stretch is still to come: your opinion is welcome. This would help me to anticipate the device to be set up to keep it in the black 12 hours a day (I hope it will be less than 30cm). I also have added a pic of a 9 fan leaf, but it seems that this is quite classical. More pre flowers are showing up, even on secondary branches. As you may also see (pic 3), there are some non-invited insect guests (aphids, but not only), so I have done another treatment today with a pyrethroid based insecticide.

Best

GH

P1120065.jpg

P1120066.jpg

P1120071.jpg
P1120072.jpg

Hi folks!

5 days since the last update. Weather not terrific and a lot of rain the last 2 days, but Mrs CBD therapy is doing well, keeping on stretching (about 1 cm/day). The bud at the apex begins to show up and flowering is developing well . I keep on watering her with diluted worm juice added with a little flowering booster (power feeding, all in one, short flowering green house). It's a freebie given with my last seed ordering. I also keep on using my tomato fertilizer....not very scientific but I like trying this kind of things.
P1120081.jpg
P1120079.jpg
P1120086.jpg
P1120085.jpg

Best!
GH

Hi everybody,

A quick update at day 82, flo 22 days. Everything is OK, the stretch is done and the lady is now about 65 cm high and should stay in this range. Buds are now well visible and good surprise, the smell is very light, while I found the leaves were stinking (during the night) when she was very young. The fragrance in the black cupboard is quite strong when I open it in the morning, but once out, she smells quite light. A very good point for this CBD therapy. I keep on feeding her with the mixture described before and which seems to agree her, looking at the deep green of the leaves. Nothing much to add, let see the pic!
P1120113.jpg
P1120108.jpg

secondary buds
P11201171.jpg

picture of the apical bud
P1120109.jpg

All the best
GH

Hi there!
Day 88, flo 28 days
Not the most terrific week from a weather point of view: rain everyday, anytime....awful. Slugs and snails were at work and the salads are the big loser of the week: Mrs CBD therapy has resisted quite nicely. The weak fragrance of the flowering buds is confirmed, this is a very very nice surprise. A customer on Alchimia growshop also said this but curiously, he also said that during curing and once dried, the smell was amazingly strong: this is easier to manage, let's see.
P1120130.jpg

P1120138.jpg

Trichomes are now visible but they look short and already quite white/milky (see pic)
P1120136.jpg
P11201271.jpg

The cuttings are restarting but I think I took them off the plant too late: they were probably already in the flowering mode and going back to veg is apparently stressful and I will look for signs of herma.
P11201311.jpg

Hi folks,

Day 94 for growth and 34 days flowering. Despite a very wet weather (about 90%humidity), things are doing rather well. I have make yesterday a kind of greenhouse to protect the lady from the rains forcasted for the coming days. Looking to what is happening to tomatoes (mildew++), I prefer taking prophylactic precautions regarding botrytis. A secondary bud looks a little brownish, but it is difficult to say since the flowers become brown when drying. I think will remove it tomorrow, it does not look healthy.
I hope she should be ready to cut within a month, I will have too whatever since I will leave for holidays.
I have a question for the community: when it will be the last 2 weeks of flowering, this will be early July. I was wondering what could happen regarding the bud growth if I would stop to put the lady in the dark 12 h per day and let it at the normal day light all day long, let say the last 7-10 days before harvesting. Indeed, I would like to let it restart in vegetative mode and I would gain time (and stop this borrying process of putting it in the dark at fixed hours)
Your thoughts welcome.
Picture of the day below.
Cheers

The apical bud
P1120142.jpg
P1120141.jpg

the lady in her new plastic shelter: summer you say?
P1120143.jpg

Hello all,

a few pictures, the first one showing the cutting growth, which is accelerating, it seems the stress of going back to veg is behind. The leaves are however still rather small and she is stretching rather fast. This is my first cutting, so I am discovering....I read that cuttings from feminized seeds are not recommended, with high risk of hermaphrodism: we will see.
P1120155.jpg

The 2 pictures below show the trichomes, which still look different compared with the previous strains I have grown (there were all auto flowering strains). The trichomes here look less numerous, like short mushrooms.
P1120151.jpg
P1120146.jpg

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom