420's Perfect Sun LED Dwarf Star Sponsor Grow With Mayne, Afghani Strain Coco Grow

they were wayyy to bright, would of been cool if they were dimmable. That was my first and only attempt at hydro, lol.
Gotta get you back to hydro Mayne, the growth is like nothing else. Pretty sure you’ve seen the 2 GSC I have vegging in hydro, those were cloned under a fluorescent, and have been vegging under a 4 bulb T-5, and have grown that crazily. I’ll get a side by side shot later with those 2 next to the 3 other GSC moms I cloned on the same day but are in soil, and those literally rooted first and are dwarfs compared to the hydro

All cloned the same day, the 3 on the right rooted before the ones on the left :rofl:

10609AC7-2D86-4445-9DED-489CBE502E55.jpeg

Gonna have to give hydro a go at some point. The growth results speak for themselves :)
OH, the results are disgusting! Thats why i went to at least coco, because these dudes are killin it. But, i did DWC, and I had a ruff time with it. Its actually the first method i did went i started growing. Well, actually, lol, the first was Miracle Grow, BHWHAHAHA, and CFL, BHWAHAHA.. I just dont really have to resources to DWC correctly, being in a closet setting, in a part of the residence, and room and such.

and, another reason i went coco this time, is, of course, Using a Perfect Sun light, and Neils methods in coco..

But im back at the, "I hate Coco" rant, Still.. why? I HATE watering..

I love my Cocoloco!

I'm currently soil but moving to soil/coco next run for the same reasons lol. I'll be using a pro mix pre fertilised for 0.5 litre pot for seed germination and 2 week growth. Then I'll repot into 3 litre for 4 week. Then 10 litre will be a mix of left over soil and coco/perlite 70/30 for 4 week. Then I'll repot into 26 litre cloth pots for final. Do 1 week veg then flip. That's the plan let's see how it goes lol

OH, the results are disgusting! Thats why i went to at least coco, because these dudes are killin it. But, i did DWC, and I had a ruff time with it. Its actually the first method i did went i started growing. Well, actually, lol, the first was Miracle Grow, BHWHAHAHA, and CFL, BHWAHAHA.. I just dont really have to resources to DWC correctly, being in a closet setting, in a part of the residence, and room and such.
Don’t have to do strictly DWC, what size space do you have open on the floor to work with? Could do a flood and drain or something like that.

Well, here is todays update,

air temp-78
leaf temp-74
RH--65
Didnt water today,
runoff PH--5.0-5.5

Now, im going to let these dry out some. Ive put in a digital moisture meter, and have to let it sit for a while to get a true reading. Im not going to water till it says 20%.
My cocoloco would of been twice the size of these by now, because i never watered the cocoloco till it was nearly bone dry or droop. So we will see what happens.

Day8-1.png

Day8-2.png

Day8-3.png

Hey people, update

Well, im back to watering everyday, Like Neil suggests. LOL. Doing it exactly as he does, following his guild, just makes sense, not sure why i thought different, like im some sort of coco wizard or something.
I did lower the light, but adjusted via dimmer, because its senseless to use more watts then needed if its dimmable.
18 inches above tops,

Watts Used--120 watts

So, I took my PAR reading with my hydro farm meter, and its at 395 par. I took out my calibrator, ( piece of paper) and used it as a LUX meter, and got a reading of 26,400 LUX.

Then, I took out my Dr.Meter, and got a lux of 18,500---------haaaaaaaaaa.

Thats quite a difference between the meters.
Seeing Dr. Meter is basically the #1 ranked meter, Im going to go with those numbers. I re-calibrated it, using 56 as the variable, ( pretty standard for 4000K High CRE leds ) im using that because of the blue spike with the dwarf. So, a lux of 18,500 gives me a ROUGH PAR reading of 330.

I adjusted for more watts, and getting 23,700 lux or 425 PAR now. Im going to see how they handle that for the day, and adjust later. SO now my LUX meter is calibrated once again. Until i can get a true PAR reading with the Dwarf star, this is what Im running with.
PAR--425
DLI-27 (15-30 optimal for veg )
Room temp--78
Leaf Temp--74
RH-66%
90ML WATER
water PPM-600
water temp--67F
3g MC per gallon
150PPMs of Calmag
.5 grams of recharge
PH-5.5 ( using PH vial and drops )
I want to feed the plants in nute value that is about the same as the PAR value. 600PPM-100tap-150calmag= 350PPM of MegaCrop, so i want my PAR to be 350-400, and Im a bit high at 425, but my run off is 1100PPM, so im ok for this week probably.

They have actually grown quit a bit in last couple days, building 4th node.

Day9-1.png

Day9-2.png

Day9-3.png

Hey people, day 12

I hate coco, lol..

They ALWAYS look over watered, sad and droopy. I also feel they are behind of what cocoloco would be at right now.

air temp--80
RH--66
leaf temp-- 76
PH-5.5
feed ppm 600

day12-2.png

Day12-1.png

Hey people, day 12

I hate coco, lol..

They ALWAYS look over watered, sad and droopy. I also feel they are behind of what cocoloco would be at right now.

air temp--80
RH--66
leaf temp-- 76
PH-5.5
feed ppm 600

day12-2.png

Day12-1.png
Is the top damp if you stick your finger in it? If soo you probably are over watered, I don’t have any experience with coco but that would be my take on it. They do look a tiny bit sad but not terrible, they look like they’ll bounce right back. How heavy do the pots seem compared to one not watered at all?

Is the top damp if you stick your finger in it? If soo you probably are over watered, I don’t have any experience with coco but that would be my take on it. They do look a tiny bit sad but not terrible, they look like they’ll bounce right back. How heavy do the pots seem compared to one not watered at all?
They look better tonight. They all seemed pretty heavy to be honest. I transplanted the smallest into cocoloco, lol.. Roots were white tho and didnt seem water logged of brown of rot.

I was just about to take a pic, then lights went out. I thnk, they dont like the high humidity, seems at 80F and 60RH they seem to be better at those numbers.

Thanks for looking in fellas'

day12-3.png

They look better tonight. They all seemed pretty heavy to be honest. I transplanted the smallest into cocoloco, lol.. Roots were white tho and didnt seem water logged of brown of rot.

I was just about to take a pic, then lights went out. I thnk, they dont like the high humidity, seems at 80F and 60RH they seem to be better at those numbers.

day12-3.png
Have you thought about trying the light around 35k lux , might stand those leaves right up .

Have you thought about trying the light around 35k lux , might stand those leaves right up .
I will adjust tomorrow and see what happens West, they flattened out pretty good.

day12-4.png

day12-3.png
Maybe try squeezing the pots to break up the coco some, help get a little air to the roots and help dry out the coco quicker

OK Camaro, I adjusted to 35,000K. But im going to go on a limb here and say, i think my lux meter is whack, because i had my arm under it for a good 30 seconds, and feel like i got sun burn, lol..

So later im thinking of pushing out the plants, and getting a quick tan touchup, BWHAHAHAHA..

My Dr. Lux meter is like almost half of the lux that i get with the Hydro farm Lux meter. But from what Ive been reading, Dr. Lux meter is the best, actually the top, of all the cheap Lux meters available, and hydrofarm lux meter isnt even listed as being reliable.

So, Neil says young plants, keep 36 inches from tops==
Dr. Lux = 20,000 lux
HydroFarm = 28,000 lux

Now, 20,000 lux is about 356 PAR, ( which my DR. Meter gives spot on par of 356 ) which seems about right, with the conversion of 56..
35,000 lux would be around 625 PAR.

dang, my arm still feeling burnt, lol..

at 14 days, i want to be at 350 PAR. I want to add 50 par per week..

seeds-250
day7- 300
day14-350
day21-400
day28-450 ( ride 450 till flip )
week1 flower 500
week2----550
week3---600
week4--650
week5--700
week6--750
week7--800
week8--850
week9--850
week10-850 ( 18 inches as per my Meter, AND Neil says 18 inches max last 2 weeks flower, so Im thinking my theory is spot on. )

anything over 850 without added co2 is detrimental

Back
Top Bottom