420's Perfect Sun LED Dwarf Star Sponsor Grow With Mayne, Afghani Strain Coco Grow

well, lets see what happens, Unleashed the air injection technology, LOL..
1300PPM
5.9 PH
air going into the pot is 65F

day65-f20-5.png

day65-f20-3.png

day65-f20-4.png

day65-f20-6.png

day65-f20-1.png

after 4 hrs, water level dropped almost half way down the reserve white pot, and see zero ill effects. She is drinking ALOT already. Im sure some evaporation, but alot of water is gone. Buds actually looked like they grew too, lol, i crap you not. Coco temp is 69F, leaf temp is 75F. Going to be interesting.

Looking good mayne :) she's filled the space brilliantly! Should produce a wonderful crop :)
Hey Moony, thanks for stoppin thru Bud..

Hey, @Mayne. :ciao:

Your thread has been an interesting read. I hope you don't mind strangers stopping in to watch.

Hey, @Mayne. :ciao:

Your thread has been an interesting read. I hope you don't mind strangers stopping in to watch.
Hey Grand Daddy Black, your no stranger Brother, Glad to have ya here!

Tryn some things out, but by far my best grow ever to date. Got alot of things figured out and learned to dial in my choice of medium and nutes. Love megaCrop, and love the coco coir/Cocoloco blend, seems to give alot of room from dryness, soaked, to ph sable made it pretty smooth sailing to say the least. Plus, this light is a beast, I like it alot. Which could also be a key factor to the simplicity of dialing things in. I wont ever use another brand. I still have 25% of juice to use for the final weeks of flower, to hit the full 240 watts, and 1200 PAR comfortably for the finish. Cant wait to see these turn out. Gettin there, lol.. I finally got my molasses, and tomorrow is recharge day. So i expect some frost start to pack on, with 7 weeks to go..

So, enjoy the rest hopefully, we are almost there! Thanks for stoppin thru Bro.

Hey Grand Daddy Black, your no stranger Brother, Glad to have ya here!

Tryn some things out, but by far my best grow ever to date. Got alot of things figured out and learned to dial in my choice of medium and nutes. Love megaCrop, and love the coco coir/Cocoloco blend, seems to give alot of room from dryness, soaked, to ph sable made it pretty smooth sailing to say the least. Plus, this light is a beast, I like it alot. Which could also be a key factor to the simplicity of dialing things in. I wont ever use another brand. I still have 25% of juice to use for the final weeks of flower, to hit the full 240 watts, and 1200 PAR comfortably for the finish. Cant wait to see these turn out. Gettin there, lol.. I finally got my molasses, and tomorrow is recharge day. So i expect some frost start to pack on, with 7 weeks to go..

So, enjoy the rest hopefully, we are almost there! Thanks for stoppin thru Bro.
Thanks for having me. Looking forward! :Rasta:

day73 from seed, day 28 flip
Moved to Fox Farm BigBloom and Tiger Bloom nutes to 1000, and rest filled in with 500ppm of megacrop for another 2 weeks, then just fox farm and Stopping calmag in 3 more weeks.

THEY LOVE THE DRY OUTS-- I stopped with the submerged system, it didnt like it. I have found, even though this is coco, they love to be almost bone dry. The light green one, she just wont get any darker. Ive tryed a few things, and nothing. So, what I think it might be, is she just doesnt like alot of light. If a leaf is laying or shading another leaf, you can actually see the outline of the leaf on the lighter leaf. and its shadow is greener.
I dont want to push nutes now, especially nitrogen being this far into flower,

Also starting to lower night temp to about 70 for next 2 weeks, then to 65 to finish.

day73-Flip28-1.png

day73-Flip28-2.png

day73-Flip28-3.png

day73-Flip28-4.png

day73-Flip28-5.png

day73-Flip28-6.png

day73-Flip28-7.png

day73-Flip28-8.png

day73-Flip28-9.png

day73-Flip28-10.png

Hey Mayne,

I'm late to this beautiful party but I clicked watch so I'll be here if you don't mind.

Nice looking plants all around, beautiful grow. Glad I'm here to watch!

day73 from seed, day 28 flip
Moved to Fox Farm BigBloom and Tiger Bloom nutes to 1000, and rest filled in with 500ppm of megacrop for another 2 weeks, then just fox farm and Stopping calmag in 3 more weeks.

THEY LOVE THE DRY OUTS-- I stopped with the submerged system, it didnt like it. I have found, even though this is coco, they love to be almost bone dry. The light green one, she just wont get any darker. Ive tryed a few things, and nothing. So, what I think it might be, is she just doesnt like alot of light. If a leaf is laying or shading another leaf, you can actually see the outline of the leaf on the lighter leaf. and its shadow is greener.
I dont want to push nutes now, especially nitrogen being this far into flower,

Also starting to lower night temp to about 70 for next 2 weeks, then to 65 to finish.

day73-Flip28-1.png

day73-Flip28-2.png

day73-Flip28-3.png

day73-Flip28-4.png

day73-Flip28-5.png

day73-Flip28-6.png

day73-Flip28-7.png

day73-Flip28-8.png

day73-Flip28-9.png

day73-Flip28-10.png
Are you letting coco dry out?

Stay safe
Bill

Hey Mayne,

I'm late to this beautiful party but I clicked watch so I'll be here if you don't mind.

Nice looking plants all around, beautiful grow. Glad I'm here to watch!
HEY KRISSI, THANKS!! Glad to have ya around for sure!!

Are you letting coco dry out?

Stay safe
Bill
Yeah, not bone dry, but yeah, they dry out, pretty much like i would with soil. I know its said to not let them get that dry, but, they like it better then soaked everyday. Ive found with this strain, Afghani, they like dryer conditions. And there is a tiny bit of peat in this soil, so that might be protecting the roots a bit bettter then just coco would. And even when i did water to soaked and kept it soaked, the light green plant never changed.

but, let me clear, they still get watered everyday, they are drinking half a gallon daily, but they dry out that fast. so usually, in coco, they would need watered 2 times a day to be wet around the clock. SO water first lights on, and then beofor lights out, but i dont want the added humidity that late in the light cycle, because i drop my temps to 70, and humidity would be around 55%

Yeah, not bone dry, but yeah, they dry out, pretty much like i would with soil. I know its said to not let them get that dry, but, they like it better then soaked everyday. Ive found with this strain, Afghani, they like dryer conditions. And there is a tiny bit of peat in this soil, so that might be protecting the roots a bit bettter then just coco would. And even when i did water to soaked and kept it soaked, the light green plant never changed.

but, let me clear, they still get watered everyday, they are drinking half a gallon daily, but they dry out that fast. so usually, in coco, they would need watered 2 times a day to be wet around the clock. SO water first lights on, and then beofor lights out, but i dont want the added humidity that late in the light cycle, because i drop my temps to 70, and humidity would be around 55%
If you have a procedure that works I'm not going to knock it. :thumb:
Are you setting your ph to 5.8

The peat in the coco is the issue.
Without it you could water twice a day like you said an every leaf would be praying.
And nice and green.

What ever works for you my friend, is best. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

Without it you could water twice a day like you said an every leaf would be praying.
And nice and green.

Stay safe
Bill
Yeah, still at 5.8........

And nice and green.

Stay safe
Bill
ok, so, last night, to keep the pot moist, I watered in 1ml calmag only, 5.8 PH, just to stop the dryout process. Today, I feed 1100PPMs.
2ml calmag, 21ML BigBloom, 15ML TigerBloom, 2 grams megacrop.

I checked runoff- both were at 2200PPM, 5.9 PH.
Im going to reduce PPMs to 700 next times till my runoff is around 700..
Ive learned that if runoff is high, plant is getting to much nutes, which restrict its water uptake. SO i want to get that down. Noticing the tips starting to burn also. So not sure if thats to over feed, or lockout of some sort.

So im going to work on getting that ppm down.

They are fatting up tho. the yellowish plants buds are actually thicker then the other plant.

day76-Flip31-1.png

day76-Flip31-2.png

day76-Flip31-3.png

day76-Flip31-5.png

day76-Flip31-6.png

day76-Flip31-7.png

day76-Flip31-4.png

ok, so, last night, to keep the pot moist, I watered in 1ml calmag only, 5.8 PH, just to stop the dryout process. Today, I feed 1100PPMs.
2ml calmag, 21ML BigBloom, 15ML TigerBloom, 2 grams megacrop.

I checked runoff- both were at 2200PPM, 5.9 PH.
Im going to reduce PPMs to 700 next times till my runoff is around 700..
Ive learned that if runoff is high, plant is getting to much nutes, which restrict its water uptake. SO i want to get that down. Noticing the tips starting to burn also. So not sure if thats to over feed, or lockout of some sort.

So im going to work on getting that ppm down.

They are fatting up tho. the yellowish plants buds are actually thicker then the other plant.

day76-Flip31-1.png

day76-Flip31-2.png

day76-Flip31-3.png

day76-Flip31-5.png

day76-Flip31-6.png

day76-Flip31-7.png

day76-Flip31-4.png
Nice Mayne!!! Beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom