420's Sherlock Holmes' FFOF Soil, Bakerstreet C.R.E.A.M. Cheese Autoflower, Grow Journal 2019

July 14 2019 - Update

IMG_20190714_231000.jpg

Bakerstreet #1 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

IMG_20190714_230935.jpg

Bakerstreet #2 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

IMG_20190714_231130.jpg

C.R.E.A.M. #1 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

IMG_20190714_231101.jpg

Cheese #1 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

IMG_20190714_231308.jpg

Cream Caramel CBD & Red Mandarine - Looks healthy so far.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 7/ Week 7 ... Day 49 ... week 6 veg.
1 Cream Caramel CBD ... Day 4/ Week 1 ... Day 4 ... seedling.
1 Red Mandarine ... Day 4/ Week 1 ... Day 4 ... seedling.

*** Photoperiod Stages: 5 days Germination, 1 week seedling, 2-8 weeks veg, 6-12 weeks flower, 4-12 weeks cure
*** Allow 1 to 3 days of dark before switching to 12-12
*** Pistels show up about 14 days (2 weeks) after switching to 12-12

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 7/ Week 6 ... Day 42 ... mid pre-flower.
1 Cheese: Day 7/ Week 6 ... Day 42 ... mid pre-flower.

*** Autoflower Stages: 5 days Germination, 1 week seedling, 3 weeks veg, 3 weeks pre-flower, 3-6 weeks flower, 4-12 weeks cure
*** Pistels show up about 35 days (5 weeks) after Germination
*** Flowering takes about 56 days (8 weeks) after Pistels show up

Environment:

RH is running steady around 65%.

Canopy temperature is running between 23°C (73°F) and 28°C (82°F) lights on, and 23°C (73°F) lights off.

CO2 is refreshed frequently when the exhaust fan turns on.

The light is running 3 cycles of "6 hours lights-on and 2 hours lights-off".

The light is 53 cm (21") above canopy centered over the 4 plants.

Watering and Feeding:

Bakerstreets, C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese:

pH: 6.70
ppm: 478

I used a half dose of the Week 4 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule ... Open Sesame was not added ... Voodoo Juice was not added.

Foliar feeding at 19:00 just after lights-out.

*** I will stop foliar feeding the C.R.E.A.M. and Cheese autoflowers two weeks into flower, on Sunday, August 21, 2019.

*** For details on my feeding schedule refer to here: The Different Feeds I need For This Grow (Version 2)

Activities:

Took the humidifier out of the tent.

LST on all plants.
I am checking the plants twice each day and adjusting the LST because the plants are growing quicker now.
My priority is to expose the growth nodes to light and air because they are going to become colas.

I made a tea out of the fan leaf powder:

0_IMG_20190713_175943.jpg

I got 6 tablespoons of dried fan leaf powder.​
I boiled 1 litre (0.26 gallons) of water, then added 1 tablespoon of the fan leaf powder to make a tea. After the tea sat overnight, I added it as feed to the plants.

The pH of the tea was 8.24.

The ppm of the tea was 249.

The tea smelled awesome!!!

Notes:

The priority has to be to expose the growth nodes and keep the canopy even.

I am letting all of the plants grow upwards while bending the inner (taller) growth nodes to slow their growth. I want the outer (shorter) growth nodes to catch up in growing.

I will flip the lights to 12-12 on Monday, August 05, 2019. For a detailed discussion, please refer to here: My Thoughts On Having Fun With Photoperiods In This Grow

I will try to keep the Bakerstreet canopy height below 36 cm (14"). For detailed calculations on how I determined the canopy height, please refer to the ... June 30, 2019 - Update ... Lessons Learned section here: How long to Veg Photoperiods

Bakerstreet #2 is really growing out and is encroaching on Bakerstreet #1.

I am going to split the photoperiods and the autoflowers up into two separate tents.

I will keep the photoperiods in the 3'x3' tent, and the autoflowers in the 2'x4' tent.

This way I eliminate dependencies on lighting, and gain space for the photoperiods which they definitely need!

Turn the camera's flash off when taking pictures inside the tent.

Lessons Learned:

Root Mass Epanders

By AdvancedNutrients

Designed To Enhance And Amplify The Performance
Of Your Root Zone Functions That Translate
Directly To Upper Plant Growth

Transform Your Root Zone Into An Army of Diverse, Beneficial Microorganisms That Expand Your Root Mass by 700-1,000%, Giving You Glistening, Diamond Encrusted, Emerald Green Buds the Size of Baseball Bats ...

Yes, you really can grow a room full of buds the size of baseball bats, but you must have the root mass to grow and support them.

In fact, every world champion grower knows this “trick”. It’s a known reality among champions that the bigger the root system mass, the bigger-the-buds you’ll enjoy at harvest.

That’s why many growers use either Voodoo Juice, Piranha or Tarantula as a standalone supplement and this works well. However, when used together each of these powerful supplements work in synergy to produce something truly special in the root zone of your plants…

This is because each supplement in the Root Mass Expanders was designed to enhance and amplify the performance of a certain part of your root zone functions. For example …

Pure Root Size And Mass
As hundreds of University Studies prove, a bigger root system will always equal a bigger plant. That’s why Voodoo Juice was developed purely to stimulates root mass growth. And scientific testing shows it achieves this by up to 700%-1,000% — meaning you can essentially double the size of your roots solely by using Voodoo Juice. That makes it the undisputed leader in root mass expansion. But there’s more to a healthy, robust and productive root zone than just root size…

Expand Your Root’s Effective Reach
Your roots can only put on so much physical mass, but you can expand what scientists call the effective surface area of your roots by up to 75% when you employ the specialized fungi in Piranha. That’s because the included Ectomycorrhizal fungi –– acting as root extensions — sheathe root tips, build mycelia among them and create a spider web like secondary support network that reaches further than your physical roots could ever stretch alone greatly increasing essential oil rich biomass.

Bloom and Growth Potentiators

The beneficial bacteria in Tarantula inoculate your plant roots, defend against harmful bacteria, and stimulate further growth and development particularly of the whorl buds and apical buds. The powerful bloom and growth potentiating substances in Tarantula (which would cost $1,000’s per gram if sourced separately) stimulate secondary root growth most notably as trichoblasts that further enhance root function and translate directly to upper plant growth.

ToDo:

Learn more about Root Mass Expanders.

Learn more about pests and nutrient deficiencies.

Learn more about growing during flower and the stretching of colas.

July 15 2019 - Update

IMG_20190715_214138.jpg

Bakerstreet #1 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

IMG_20190715_214113.jpg

Bakerstreet #2 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

IMG_20190715_214226.jpg

C.R.E.A.M. #1 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

IMG_20190715_214256.jpg

IMG_20190715_211611.jpg

Cream Caramel CBD - Looks healthy so far.

IMG_20190715_211404.jpg

Red Mandarine - Looks healthy so far.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 1/ Week 8 ... Day 50 ... week 7 veg.
1 Cream Caramel CBD ... Day 5/ Week 1 ... Day 5 ... seedling.
1 Red Mandarine ... Day 5/ Week 1 ... Day 5 ... seedling.

*** Photoperiod Stages: 5 days Germination, 1 week seedling, 2-8 weeks veg, 6-12 weeks flower, 4-12 weeks cure

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 1/ Week 7 ... Day 43 ... late pre-flower.
1 Cheese: Day 1/ Week 7 ... Day 43 ... late pre-flower.

*** Autoflower Stages: 5 days Germination, 1 week seedling, 3 weeks veg, 3 weeks pre-flower, 3-6 weeks flower, 4-12 weeks cure

Environment:

Canopy temperature is running between 23°C (73°F) and 28°C (82°F) lights on, and 23°C (73°F) lights off.

The light is running 3 cycles of "6 hours lights-on and 2 hours lights-off".

Watering and Feeding:

Bakerstreets:

pH: 6.49
ppm: 1028

I used a full dose of the Week 4 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule with Open Sesame, B-52, Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Sensizym and Great White Mycorrhizae added.

C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese:

pH: 6.52
ppm: 958

I used a full dose of the Week 7 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule with Beastie Bloomz, B-52, Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Sensizym and Great White Mycorrhizae added.

Cream Caramel CBD & Red Mandarine:

pH: 6.68
ppm: 377 (a bit high)

For simplicity in mixing the feeds, I used a half dose of the Week 6 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule without Open Sesame, and with B-52, Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Sensizym and Great White Mycorrhizae added.

*** Watering and feeding is done 1 hour after the lights turn on ... so the roots have been stimulated to draw nutrients up into the plant.

*** For details on my feeding schedule refer to here: The Different Feeds I need For This Grow (Version 2)

Activities:

LST on all plants.
I am checking the plants twice each day and adjusting the LST because the plants are growing quicker now.
My priority is to expose the growth nodes to light and air because they are going to become colas.

Transplanted the Cream Caramel CBD & Red Mandarine into bigger plastic pots.

Notes:

I am letting all of the plants grow upwards while bending the inner (taller) growth nodes to slow their growth. I want the outer (shorter) growth nodes to catch up in growing.

I will flip the lights to 12-12 on Monday, August 19, 2019. For a detailed discussion, please refer to here: The Different Feeds I need For This Grow (Version 2)

I will try to keep the Bakerstreet canopy height below 36 cm (14"). For detailed calculations on how I determined the canopy height, please refer to the ... June 30, 2019 - Update ... Lessons Learned section here: How long to Veg Photoperiods

Be very careful when transplanting from beer cup to larger plastic pots.

There must be an easier way to transplant, where I can just slide the beer cup up and off without having to turn the beer cup upside down.

Lessons Learned:

Root Mass Expanders

By AdvancedNutrients

Designed To Enhance And Amplify The Performance
Of Your Root Zone Functions That Translate
Directly To Upper Plant Growth

Voodoo Juice

0_Voodoo-Juice-269x350.png

If you don’t have big, healthy, robust root systems, a lot of your growing efforts will prove fruitless. That’s because your plants’ roots won’t be able to maximize uptake, so a lot of the nutrients you feed them will go to waste. Now, imagine doubling their root size. Visualize those thick, extensive roots reaching out and sucking up energy and nutrients for vigorous growth – and ultimately bigger yields. Scientific tests on your high-value crops isolated 11 strains of plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) that help to expand root mass by up to 117%. This in turn increases nutrient absorption by up to 700%! Try it for yourself and you’ll see an enormous difference. You may not see your root mass triple like one grower experienced, or witness meter-long roots like another – and your plants may not double in size, like others reported – but we can ensure your satisfaction with our world-famous Grower Guarantee: Either you love Voodoo Juice and the way it spikes up your yields, or you get all your money back.

Piranha

0_Piranha-269x350.png

When you introduce the powerful beneficial fungi in Piranha to your root zone, you’ll experience many amazing benefits. First, the fungi will help expand the effective surface area of your plant roots and their cumulative length by up to 75%. Scientific tests have shown this can help your crops obtain as much as 86% more nitrogen, 234% more phosphorous, and 75% more potassium than growing without these fungi. And this, of course, translates directly into heightened vegetative growth, greater leaf area, more bud production, better flower structure, and increased weight! Plus, these fungi secrete growth and bloom co-factors directly into your plants, further increasing yields. Lastly, Piranha’s fungal species are proven bio-control agents that seek and destroy harmful pathogens, including molds, while strengthening crop resistance to stress. Try Piranha, and because our Grower Guarantee ensures your 100% satisfaction, you can only stand to gain by putting it to work in your garden today.

Tarantula

0_Tarantula-269x350.png

If you grew in the richest, most unpolluted outdoor soil, your root zone would swarm with beneficial microbes that live symbiotically with your plants, swelling their roots and boosting harvests. However, hydroponic growing media are devoid of these microorganisms. That’s why you need Tarantula, whose beneficial bacteria promote other beneficial rhizospheric life. They also inoculate the roots, safeguarding them by competing with and warding off harmful bacteria that can infect plants. And they even reduce tissue damage from heavy fertilizer salts. What’s more, these beneficial bacteria directly increase plant growth and yields by releasing growth and bloom co-factors and aiding chlorophyll, so your high-intensity lighting is more effective. Finally, our proprietary production process ensures longer shelf life, so you get live microbes instead of dead ones when you add it to your reservoir. As always, you’re fully protected using Tarantula by our 100% full-satisfaction Growers Guarantee.

ToDo:

Learn more about Bud Potency & Stalk Strengthener.

The seedlings are growing at a good pace, and all your plants in the tent are looking amazing. Loads of tops!
Iv'e not used that nutrient line, but reading through it - it looks good :high-five:
:yahoo:I'm super excited to see how your Red Mandarin turns out! It's lineage is Tangie X Red Poison auto. Iv'e grown the Red Poison with great success, and i'm looking forward to see what the Tangie does in your cross. Tangie is a strain full of flavour, so you should expect colourful flowers and some good aromas! :yummy: Here's a shot of my Red Posion to get you excited.

The seedlings are growing at a good pace, and all your plants in the tent are looking amazing. Loads of tops!
Iv'e not used that nutrient line, but reading through it - it looks good :high-five:
:yahoo:I'm super excited to see how your Red Mandarin turns out! It's lineage is Tangie X Red Poison auto. Iv'e grown the Red Poison with great success, and i'm looking forward to see what the Tangie does in your cross. Tangie is a strain full of flavour, so you should expect colourful flowers and some good aromas! :yummy: Here's a shot of my Red Posion to get you excited.

Wow! That's incredible! I am actually going to grow the Red Mandarine using 12-12 from seed ... but will take a clone so I can grow it again.

I bought a bunch of autoflowers ... but I am getting more interested in photoperiods now. There is just so much more you can do with a photoperiod.

Man, ... now I want to grow Red Poison ... and Tangie!

TTYL amigo

July 16 2019 - Update

IMG_20190716_225718.jpg

Family Photo - I need a bigger tent!

IMG_20190716_224620.jpg

IMG_20190716_224514.jpg

IMG_20190716_225132.jpg

IMG_20190716_224914.jpg

IMG_20190716_225430.jpg

IMG_20190716_225619.jpg

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 2/ Week 8 ... Day 51 ... week 7 veg.
1 Cream Caramel CBD ... Day 6/ Week 1 ... Day 6 ... seedling.
1 Red Mandarine ... Day 6/ Week 1 ... Day 6 ... seedling.

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 2/ Week 7 ... Day 44 ... late pre-flower.
1 Cheese: Day 2/ Week 7 ... Day 44 ... late pre-flower.

Environment:

The light is running 4 cycles of "5 hours lights-on and 1 hours lights-off".

Watering and Feeding:

pH: 6.59
ppm: 330

For simplicity in mixing the feeds, I used a half dose of the Week 6 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule without Open Sesame, B-52, Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Sensizym and Great White Mycorrhizae.

Foliar feeding of 50 ml (0.20 cups) at 23:00 just after lights-out.

*** I will stop foliar feeding the C.R.E.A.M. and Cheese autoflowers two weeks into flower, on Sunday, August 21, 2019.

For simplicity in mixing the feeds, I used a half dose of the Week 6 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule without Open Sesame, and with B-52, Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Sensizym and Great White Mycorrhizae added.

*** Watering and feeding is done 1 hour after the lights turn on ... so the roots have been stimulated to draw nutrients up into the plant.

Activities:

LST on all plants.

I did some lollipopping on the C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese and some light pruning to expose some growth nodes.

The canopies on the C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese are about 18 cm (7") above the soil.

I will complete the LST on the Bakerstreets tomorrow because I noticed there were some stems I would like to top instead of prune.

I accidentally broke a stem on Bakerstreet #1 while moving the plant; so I cut the stem at 45 degrees, soaked it in water for 5 minutes, clipped the leaves, dipped it 1 cm (0.5") in Stim-Root, and called the clone Mini-Me because of Austin Powers. I hope this one doesn't die!

IMG_20190716_231219.jpg

My first clone ... Mini-Me.

Notes:

I will flip the lights to 12-12 on Monday, August 19, 2019. For a detailed discussion, please refer to here: The Different Feeds I need For This Grow (Version 2)

Since the 6-2 lighting schedule worked, I am going to try the 5-1 lighting schedule; that is, I am going to get 20 hours of light by letting the light run 4 cycles of "5 hours lights-on and 1 hours lights-off".

I read yesterday that Piranha can be used in the foliar spray.

Lessons Learned:

Bud Potency & Stalk Strengthener

By AdvancedNutrients

Feed Your Plants The Extra Nutrients Vital In Unlocking
A Harvest Chock-full Of The Gorgeous Plants
You’ve Always Imagined

Feed Your Plants What They Crave To Strengthen Their Structures So They Automatically Grow More Glistening, Sticky, Resin-Glazed, Trichome Covered Buds With Unmatched Potency...

For many growers, the “holy grail” is to cultivate magazine quality crops absolutely covered with glistening, resin-drenched glands protruding out of buds, leaves and everywhere else. To be known as the grower of the medicine with incredible potency everyone raves about…

That’s why experienced growers are often obsessed with increasing trichome development and essential oil production that directly translate to higher quality harvests…

But it’s important to lay the groundwork first by strengthening your plant’s stalks. Because when plants strengthen their support structures, it releases their internal, protective “brake pedal” and sends the signal to put on more weight and size because they know they have the strength to support bigger, heavier buds…

At this point it’s critical to feed your plants the extra nutrients, bud bulkers and specific growth and bloom co-factors they demand to develop fully and maximize trichome production. It’s the care taken during each step and the combination of all these efforts that produces the greatest compound result and a prize winning finish.

That’s why Advanced Nutrients created the Bud Potency & Stalk Strengthener composed of Rhino Skin, Bud Factor X, Nirvana and B-52. In short, when these supplements are used synergistically during your plant life cycle, you’ll produce the sticky, emerald green, glistening buds with supreme potency that most growers can only lust after in magazines.

ToDo:

Learn more about Bud Potency & Stalk Strengthener.

I need a bigger tent!
That problem is never ending! :rofl:
Plants are looking great SQ! :yahoo: Nice job on clipping your first clone - i hope she roots quickly for you.

July 17 2019 - Update

IMG_20190718_044305.jpg

IMG_20190718_044420.jpg

IMG_20190718_044434.jpg

IMG_20190718_044445.jpg

IMG_20190718_044506.jpg

IMG_20190718_044519.jpg

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 3/ Week 8 ... Day 52 ... week 7 veg.
1 Cream Caramel CBD ... Day 7/ Week 1 ... Day 7 ... seedling.
1 Red Mandarine ... Day 7/ Week 1 ... Day 7 ... seedling.

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 3/ Week 7 ... Day 45 ... late pre-flower.
1 Cheese: Day 3/ Week 7 ... Day 45 ... late pre-flower.

Environment:

Watering and Feeding:

pH: 6.59
ppm: 330

For simplicity in mixing the feeds, I used a half dose of the Week 6 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule without Open Sesame, B-52, Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Sensizym and Great White Mycorrhizae.

Foliar feeding of 50 ml (0.20 cups) at 23:00 just after lights-out.

Activities:

LST on all plants.

I did some lollipopping on the Bakerstreets, removed the LST wire bindings and removed the wire cannabis cage in preperation for getting them into the new 2'x4'x5' ScrOG tent.

The canopies on the C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese are about 25 cm (10") above the soil.

I will complete the LST on the Bakerstreets tomorrow because I noticed there were some stems I would like to top instead of prune.

I accidentally broke a stem on Bakerstreet #2 while moving the plant; so I cut the stem at 45 degrees, soaked it in water for 5 minutes, clipped the leaves, dipped it 1 cm (0.5") in Stim-Root, and called the clone Mini-Me Too because of Austin Powers. I hope this one doesn't die either!

Notes:

Lessons Learned:

By AdvancedNutrients

Rhino Skin

0_Rhino-Skin-269x350.png

Your plants spend a lot of energy defending themselves from attacks by pathogens, heat, and other stressors in their intense growing environment. The more energy plants devote to defense, the less they have left for growth and flowering. That’s why expert growers choose Rhino Skin. Rhino Skin’s silicon increases trichomes and the essential oils that come with them for more potent harvests. It shields your crops, mortaring up the spaces between cell walls and thickening and hardening them. That means crops bolstered by Rhino Skin stand up straighter and support bulkier, heavier buds. And with Rhino Skin’s protection, your plants are free to concentrate their energy on photosynthesis, cell division (growth and flowering), and other vital functions. The end result: When you use Rhino Skin and play defense for your plants, you’ll get big, sticky, potent harvests with greater market value. As always, your pocketbook is defended by our 100% satisfaction Grower Guarantee.

Bud Factor X

0_Bud-Factor-X-269x350.png

Flowers grown in the soaring heights of the Himalayas secrete an abundance of highly potent essential oils to protect themselves from the incredible amounts of ultraviolet light they’re exposed to. These are the same types of essential oils responsible for your crops’ taste and aroma. Now, with Bud Factor X, you can harness this Himalayan secret to enhance your crops! Bud Factor X triggers systemic acquired resistance (SAR) within plants to produce markedly higher amounts of essentials oils and terpenoids, which directly benefit taste, aroma, and resin production, giving you higher-quality crops with greater market value. Plus, these powerful ingredients allow your plants to better handle stress and delay fruit senescence and decay. Bud Factor X also helps your plants produce thicker stalks and branches, signaling them to generate heavier harvests because they sense they can support the additional weight. Lastly, the supporting ingredients in Bud Factor X – like all Advanced Nutrients ingredients – enhance plant growth and flowering. Rest assured, you risk nothing trying Bud Factor X because our Grower Guarantee ensures you’ll be 100% satisfied or get all your money back.

Nirvana

0_Nirvana-269x350.png

If you’re committed to growing amazing organic crops, you’ve probably noticed there were no quality organic bud bulkers you could bet your harvest on – until now. Welcome to organic heaven: Nirvana! As the name implies, Nirvana is the pinnacle of organic bud bulking evolution, containing everything an organic grower needs. The powerhouse of natural ingredients in this high-grade supplement guarantees bigger yields and bigger, denser, heavier buds. Yet even while driving your plants at a faster metabolic rate, Nirvana supports your crops’ health with its uniquely selected organic ingredients, such as bat guano, worm castings, and more – all unavailable in other supplements. The bottom line: You’ll experience increased yield, quality, aroma, color, essential oils, and resin production faster than you could have imagined without using synthetic nutrients. Put Nirvana to work in your garden and see the results for yourself – absolutely risk-free, because our Grower Guarantee ensures your satisfaction.

B-52

0_B-52-1-269x350.png

B-52 is a potent proprietary blend of six different B vitamins alongside amino-rich kelp extract, humic acids, fulvic acid and an array of powerhouse nutrients your plants thrive on. B-52 amplifies overall plant metabolism, promotes strong root development, boosts growth and helps your crops fight off stresses such as intense light, cold weather, ozone, drought and salinity. Your plant’s entire internal life-support system is enhanced by the holistic benefits of this powerful vitamin formulation, which guarantees your plants are functioning at their highest efficiency and growing up to be as healthy and robust as they can be. Don’t settle for other formulas with just one or two B vitamins. A couple of vitamins help, but they just can’t provide the full spectrum of benefits your crop needs to achieve a truly outstanding harvest. Instead, try B-52 – and because our Grower Guarantee ensures your 100% money-back satisfaction, you have nothing to lose by putting this powerful supplement to work in your garden today.

ToDo:

Learn more about Crop Substrates.

July 18 2019 - Update

IMG_20190718_220721.jpg

IMG_20190718_220729.jpg

IMG_20190718_220705.jpg

IMG_20190718_220710.jpg

IMG_20190718_220752.jpg

Cream Caramel CBD #1, Red Mandarine #1 - Looks healthy so far.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 4/ Week 8 ... Day 53 ... week 7 veg.
1 Cream Caramel CBD ... Day 1/ Week 2 ... Day 8 ... week 1 veg.
1 Red Mandarine ... Day 1/ Week 2 ... Day 8 ... week 1 veg.

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 4/ Week 7 ... Day 46 ... late pre-flower.
1 Cheese: Day 4/ Week 7 ... Day 46 ... late pre-flower.

Environment:

Watering and Feeding:

No watering or feeding today because I need to transplant tomorrow.

Activities:

LST on all plants.

Notes:

Lessons Learned:

By AdvancedNutrients

Crop Substrates

Crop Substrate Superpak Allows
You To Maximize The Most Overlooked "Trick"
To Growing Pounds Of Green, Frosty, Magazine-quality Buds

The majority of popular hydroponic growing media are sterile substrates. There’s no life and no beneficial microbes like you’d find in a handful of rich, dark soil outdoors.

Now, it’s no secret that adding beneficial microbes to your root zone is equivalent to recruiting nature’s invisible army to live symbiotically with your plants, creating big, healthy, vibrant root systems that directly translate to higher nutrient absorption and optimal yields…

But before you introduce beneficial microbes into your root zone , it’s important to condition and prepare your growing substrate with Crop Substrate SuperPak.

First is Ancient Earth Organic OIM, a 100% organic, prehistoric supplement that brings the various benefits of both long-chain humic acids and short-chain “golden” fulvic acid to your garden… Introducing long-chain humic acid to your root zone is like building a “condominium complex” for beneficial microbes, giving them an optimal structure to flourish in. Short-chain fulvic acid is a “weird” molecule that’s still not 100% understood scientifically, but it directly stimulates plant grow and is 1,000 times smaller than humic acid— making it easily utilized by your plants.

Sensizyme practically supercharges your plants’ “digestive system” by scavenging your growing medium substrate and recycling organic waste and other debris in the root zone into usable carbohydrates that fuel bud growth, boost yields, and increase terpene production. Terpenes are the main building block of any plant resin or essential oils and the primary contributor to greater aroma, flavor, and even color of your plants. Together, these two powerful products can take the raw substrates and waste by-products of your garden and optimize their use to greatly enhance your growing efficiency and amplify the output of your entire growing system.

Ancient Earth® Organic OIM

0_Ancient-Earth-Organic-OIM-269x350.png

Fortify Your Garden with the Nectar of the Earth Using This Exclusive 2-in-1 Solution!
Ancient Earth® Organic OIM, naturally derived from a rare source of ancient organic material called leonardite, is the first humic-fulvic supplement on the hydroponics market to give you the best of two worlds. This hybrid product contains both long-chain humic acids and short-chain ‘golden’ fulvic acid. Each of these ingredients performs separate jobs, yet they work together seamlessly and synergistically for the maximum benefit of your plant’s health and performance. First, the long-chain humics in Ancient Earth transform your growing medium into a richer, healthier, more vibrant foundation for your crops while pumping up their roots. They also stabilize the pH and optimize nutrient delivery. And once the fulvic acid, a kind of natural chelator, enters the roots it assists in the transport of nutrients within the plant. Ancient Earth also helps plants to withstand disease, drought and other environmental stresses. As always, we stand behind Ancient Earth with our 100% money back Grower Guarantee.

Sensizym

0_Sensizym-269x350.png

Maximize Nutrient Absorption, Combat Root Disease, and You Might Even Save Money Too!
Your plants (like the human digestive tract) build up organic waste. Left in the root zone, this waste can impair growth and flowering or contribute to disease. But when you give your crops specifically formulated enzymes, they scour the root zone, removing the debris and eradicating disease by ‘recycling’ it into usable carbohydrates that fuel bud growth and boost yields! Now, enzymes sound great, but only Sensizym is guaranteed in two unique ways: First, it’s a specific combination of high-grade bioactive enzymes that work best for our high-value plants. Second, it’s guaranteed to have a stable shelf life and be fully active at the time of purchase – unlike other products, which are often completely inert on the shelf. Lastly, growers report that Sensizym decomposes root zone debris so well, you can often reuse growing media such as rockwool and coco coir for another crop lifecycle – saving you money! As always, you risk nothing trying Sensizym because our Grower Guarantee ensures that you’ll be 100% satisfied or you get all your money back.

ToDo:

Learn more about Bud Taste & Terpene Enhancers.

July 19 2019 - Update

IMG_20190719_145405.jpg

IMG_20190719_145424.jpg

IMG_20190719_151225.jpg

IMG_20190719_151235.jpg

IMG_20190719_151246.jpg

Cream Caramel CBD #1 & Red Mandarine #1 - Looks healthy so far.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 5/ Week 8 ... Day 54 ... week 7 veg.
1 Cream Caramel CBD ... Day 2/ Week 2 ... Day 9 ... week 1 veg.
1 Red Mandarine ... Day 2/ Week 2 ... Day 9 ... week 1 veg.

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 5/ Week 7 ... Day 47 ... late pre-flower.
1 Cheese: Day 5/ Week 7 ... Day 47 ... late pre-flower.

Environment:

The light is 53 cm (21") above the Bakerstreets' canopy centered over the 2 plants.
The light is 46 cm (18") above C.R.E.A.M.'s & Cheese's canopy centered over the 2 plants.

Watering and Feeding:

Bakerstreets:

pH: 6.57
ppm: 1214

I used a full dose of the Week 4 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule with Open Sesame, Root Mass Expanders, Crop Substrates and Great White added because of the transplant.

C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese:

pH: 6.47
ppm: 1456

I used a full dose of the Week 7 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule with Beastie Bloomz, Root Mass Expanders, Crop Substrates, Bud Potency & Stalk Strengthener, and Great White because of the transplant.

pH: 6.82
ppm: 142

I used a full dose of the Week 1 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule, Root Mass Expanders, Crop Substrates, and Great White because of the transplant.

Activities:

LST on all plants.

Transplanted both of the Bakerstreet plants from 5 gallon fabric pots into 10 gallon fabric pots.

Moved both of the Bakerstreet plants into their new 2'x4'x5' tent.

Notes:

I will try to keep the Bakerstreet canopy height below 30 cm (12"). For detailed calculations on how I determined the canopy height, please refer to the ... June 30, 2019 - Update ... Lessons Learned section here: How long to Veg Photoperiods

Transplanting from fabric pot to fabric pot is not fun ... and certainly not a one person job!

The Bakerstreets were looking very wilted and thirsty ... so, hopefully today's transplant and feeding will make them perk up.

I will check them tonight to see how they are doing.

The new 2'x4'x5' tent is quite short, so a ScrOG is mandatory.

I will put up the trellis netting later today, and see if I can get the canopy to be at 30 cm (12") above soil.

*** I am going to need to start feeding from the bottom of the plant, and not pouring feed over the leaves. Many of the nutrients are not designed to be used as foliar feeds, and the strength of the feed is getting pretty high.

From what I recall, the C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese are 75 day plants. Since they are on Day 47 right now, I started to germinate the next batch of autoflowers.

Over time, I will try to get a perpetual garden going; so, that when I harvest a few plants, I have others ready to take their place.

It will be interesting to see how much the Bakerstreets yield compared to the Cream Caramel CBD & Red Mandarine.

Lessons Learned:

Bud Taste & Terpene Enhancer

By AdvancedNutrients

Unlock The Combination To A Harvest Chock-full
Of The Delicious, Smooth-smoking Crops
Your Patients Will Rave About.

Bud Taste Enhancers Are The "Secret" To Maximizing Taste, Intensifying Flavour and Amplifying The Aroma Of Your Crops
When you see those bright green, baseball-bat-sized buds, sparkling with resin-drenched trichomes in magazines you can almost smell them on the page right?
That’s because intense aromas and mouth-watering flavour are just as important as size and colour when it comes to growing quality bud. In fact, taste and aroma – the essence of quality – are what your patients remember and will talk about later!
That’s why Bud Candy and Flawless Finish exist. These two Bud Taste Enhancers help ensure the most quality product possible by maximizing the start and finish of your crop’s life cycle…
While many people believe it’s the sticky glands of THC that produce the distinctive aroma, it’s actually terpenes. Terpenes are the main building block of any plant resin or essential oils and contribute to the aroma, flavour and even colour of your plants…
The fact is: your plants can not even begin making terpenes without glucose – it’s an essential “raw material” and the first step in the production of terpenoids. That’s why feeding your plants the simple and complex carbohydrates in Bud Candy gives them an instantly accessible source of glucose and other sugars to channel into and maximize terpenoid development. This in turn enhances taste, aroma, flavour, potency and more…
But the finishing steps you take before harvest are just as important, that’s why you need Flawless Finish too. Because the same process plants use to grow – absorbing compounds from nutrients, water and the atmosphere – causes them to build up excess salts and other harsh contaminants. Flushing before harvest with Flawless Finish removes at least 85% of these compounds that, if left alone, compromise final quality and lead to a harsh smoke.

Bud Candy

0_Bud-Candy-269x350.png

If you’ve ever seen a star athlete tackle a marathon or triathlon, you’ve seen the power of simple and complex carbohydrates, contained in sports drinks, for giving the victor the winning edge. In much the same way, your plants need to pack in the carbs too! When you give your crops the simple and complex carbohydrates in Bud Candy, you’re giving them an instantly accessible source of energy that they can channel into floral growth. The rest is stored away so it can be tapped for future ripening. Plus, you’ll magnify the reproductive rate of beneficial microbes in the root zone by feeding them extra nourishment. This leads directly to greater root mass. Finally, Bud Candy supplies bloom-enhancing plant extracts that increase essential oils for higher potency, better aroma, richer flavour and sharper pigments for deeper, more pleasing colours. Put Bud Candy to work in your garden and taste the results for yourself – absolutely risk-free, thanks to our 100%-satisfaction-or-your-money-back Grower Guarantee.

Flawless Finish

0_Flawless-Finish-269x350.png

If you’ve ever coughed your lungs out after ‘enjoying’ your crops, plant pollution may have been the culprit! The same process plants use to grow – absorbing compounds from nutrients, water and the atmosphere – causes them to build up excess salts and other harsh compounds. If you don’t flush these excesses out before harvest, you compromise final quality. Instead of flushing with plain water, which starves your plants and reduces floral growth and resin, you need Flawless Finish. It uses empty chelates – which are like tiny, powerful vacuum cleaners – to remove excess chemical residues from your growing medium, roots and other plant tissues, including fruits and flowers. The end result is a stellar crop of plants that will be free of at least 85% of the stored materials they held before flushing. Yep, you’ll have the cleanest, sweetest yields possible. Use Flawless Finish right before your next harvest and taste the results for yourself – absolutely risk-free thanks to our Grower Guarantee.

ToDo:

Learn more about Bigger Buds.

Hey SQ, looking great bro! I'm noticing some droop on the Backstreet #2 the last few days, keep an eye on her :yummy:

Hey SQ, looking great bro! I'm noticing some droop on the Backstreet #2 the last few days, keep an eye on her :yummy:

Good eye!

I let them go two days beyond when I normally fed them ... partly to see what would happen, and partly because I needed to transplant.

It had me worried ... but learning is important ... and I saw first hand just how wilted some of the inner leaves get.

I transplanted, watered and fed yesterday ... and now I am monitoring her closely.

So far, she is bouncing back.

Looking good @SQl2kGuy. I like the way that you are basically planning ahead for everything. New tent, getting a perpetual grow going. Go Brother Go.

Thanks for the kudos amigo ...

I am putting a lot of effort into this grow ... and planning ahead is part of it.

Even though I planned for the tent, it was only after reading @Emilya 's post that I decided to transplant to a 10 gallon pot ... and now that @fanleaf has joined her journal and talked about the 10 gallon pot, I'm actually thinking that I will keep the 2'x4'x5' tent as a photoperiod flowering ScrOG tent!

Lesson Learned ... I read and plan a bit ... but I have to admit that many of the good ideas I get (which give me confidence), ... actually come from reading other people's journals and following their successes!

So kudos has to go out to @Emilya and @fanleaf for sure!

TTYL @oopssteptinit ...

July 20 2019 - Update

IMG_20190720_220725.jpg

IMG_20190720_220737.jpg

IMG_20190720_221022.jpg

IMG_20190720_221033.jpg

IMG_20190720_221214.jpg

Cream Caramel CBD #1 - Looks healthy so far.

IMG_20190720_221125.jpg

Red Mandarine #1 - Looks healthy so far.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 6/ Week 8 ... Day 55 ... week 7 veg.
1 Cream Caramel CBD ... Day 3/ Week 2 ... Day 10 ... week 1 veg.
1 Red Mandarine ... Day 3/ Week 2 ... Day 10 ... week 1 veg.

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 6/ Week 7 ... Day 48 ... late pre-flower.
1 Cheese: Day 6/ Week 7 ... Day 48 ... late pre-flower.

Environment:

Canopy temperature is running between 23°C (73°F) and 30°C (86°F) lights on, and 23°C (73°F) lights off.

The light is 53 cm (21") above the Bakerstreets' canopy centered over the 2 plants.
The light is 46 cm (18") above C.R.E.A.M.'s & Cheese's canopy centered over the 2 plants.

Watering and Feeding:

I used a full dose of the Week 1 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule, Root Mass Expanders, Crop Substrates, and Great White because of the transplant.

Activities:

LST on all plants.

Notes:

*** I will leave the Bakerstreet plants in complete darkness for 36 hours before commencing 12-12 to ensure a high phytochrome red ratio. During the day or lights-on period, two receptors, phytochrome red and phytochrome far-red, are in balance. In darkness, the far-red change into red. It’s the increase in red that triggers flowering.

*** The Bakerstreet 36 hour dark period started at 23:00 on July 20, 2019.

*** The Bakerstreet lights will be turned back on to 12-12 lighting at 08:00 on July 22, 2019.

I will flip the lights to 12-12 on Monday, August 23, 2019. For a detailed discussion, please refer to here: The Different Feeds I need For This Grow (Version 3)

I will try to keep the Bakerstreet canopy height below 30 cm (12"). For detailed calculations on how I determined the canopy height, please refer to the ... June 30, 2019 - Update ... Lessons Learned section here: How long to Veg Photoperiods

I will do a light water and light feed tomorrow on all the plants except the Bakerstreets.

I am watering the Cream Caramel CBD & Red Mandarine near the stem so that the tap root follows the water down instead of out.

I am letting the Cream Caramel CBD & Red Mandarine stretch towards the light and get some height.

Lessons Learned:

Bigger Buds

By AdvancedNutrients

Optimize The 3 Critical Phases of Development That all Buds Go Through

When used as a standalone supplement, any one of the Bud Bulkers produced by Advanced Nutrients will pack size on your buds and help you achieve the yields you’ve always imagined…

However when used together they work synergistically—greatly enhancing each others’ effectiveness and amplifying your results more than if used separately…

This is because each bud bulker was designed to optimize one of your buds three crucial development phases:

Flower Initiation Phase
It’s a scientific fact that the earlier your buds initiate blooming – the bigger they’ll get – because they have more time to grow. Bud Ignitor optimizes this phase by initiating budding 50% faster than before (within 5 days instead of 10 or more after changing your lighting schedule)

Mid-Flowering Phase
During this vital phase you not only need the correct extra amounts of P and K but your buds will start putting on more size, mass and potency if you feed them the correct amino acids of the type and quality found in Big Bud®. Specifically, science testing shows L-tryptophan and L-cysteine signal the production of more buds and larger flowers while encouraging other blooming cofactors to develop.

Final Ripening Phase
The last three weeks is when your buds can actually gain the most weight – that is if you feed them Overdrive. That’s because this unique supplement supplies critical nutrients in the proper ratios during the ripening phase that translate into amplified growth and heavier buds with enhanced essential oils, flavors and color.

Bud Ignitor

0_Bud-Ignitor-269x350.png

When your high-value crops absorb the bloom-triggering plant extract agents contained in Bud Ignitor, they immediately transfer all of the energy they had been putting into vegetative growth directly into a massive burst of blooms. After changing your lights and lighting schedule (flipping), you’ll start to see signs of prolific budding within 5 days, instead of 10 or more without it. What’s more, the special bloom-enhancing ingredients promote shorter internodal lengths, giving you more buds per centimeter of branch. And those swelling buds will be bigger, denser, and richer in essential oils because they will have a big head start. Best of all, Bud Ignitor does all this safely because its formulation contains only 100% clean, non-toxic ingredients. There are absolutely no harmful PGRs (plant growth regulators) in this – or, for that matter, in any – of our products. Try Bud Ignitor now, and because our Grower Guarantee ensures your 100% satisfaction, you can rest assured of the best possible results.

Big Bud

0_Big-Bud-Liquid-2-269x350.png

In the same way bodybuilders have to take in extra amino acids after a workout to bulk up on proteins – the building blocks of life – so too do your buds need a big amino boost. If you give them one with Big Bud®, they will gain in size, mass, and potency from the rich assortment of bio-available, L-amino acids in the formulation. Of course, your plants will get the optimal amounts of phosphorous and potassium for strong flowering, but in addition to this perfectly dialed-in PK spike, they’ll get a rich spectrum of secondary metabolites, allowing them to expend less time and energy knitting together their own amino acids. Instead, your crops will be freed to channel all that energy into building bigger, heavier buds – directly! Finally, the addition of L-ascorbic acid pushes your crops to peak performance while protecting them as an important antioxidant. Try Big Bud Liquid today if you want bigger, bulkier buds – and because our Grower Guarantee ensures your satisfaction, you risk absolutely nothing.

Overdrive

0_Overdrive-269x350.png

After your peak bloom phase, your plants enter their late bloom phase (the precise timing and length of which depends on the plant strain you’re growing). By that time, most growers don’t expect to see much more floral development ahead. Instead of accepting this, you can get even more out of your plants during the finishing phase with Overdrive. When you use Overdrive, you’ll reinvigorate your crops with a second wind. Your buds will pack on more weight and density by filling their structures with extra essential oils –well past the point when the late bloom phase typically shows signs of slowing down. This, in turn, will give you much bigger yields when harvest day dawns. And with additional essential oils come better flavors, fragrances, and colors, not to mention protection from oxidative stress from a powerful antioxidant: ascorbic acid. Apply Overdrive to your garden today and get more out of the last weeks of bloom. As always, our Grower Guarantee ensures your 100% satisfaction at zero risk.

ToDo:

Learn more about Bud Aid.

The Different Feeds I need For This Grow (Version 3)
*** Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Feeding Schedule = CGRSFS
*** Advanced Nutrients - Root Mass Expanders = RME
*** Advanced Nutrients - Crop Substrate = CS
*** Advanced Nutrients - Bud Potency & Stalk Strenghtener = BPSS
*** Advanced Nutrients - Bud Taste & Terpene Enhancer = BTTE
*** Every Other Feed = EOF

*** I now have two tents. One smaller for photoperiod blooming, and one larger for autoflowers and photoperiod veg.

*** Reviews on the Bakerstreet indicate they flower in 63 days (9 weeks).
*** Reviews on the C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese indicate they both matured from seed to harvest in 75 days (about 11 weeks).

July 22, 2019 - July 28, 2019

Dark Devil, Killer Kush, Green Poison - Full Dose - Seedling - CGRSFS - (RME, CS EOF)
Cream Caramel & Red Mandarine: Full Dose - Week 2 - CGRSFS - (RME, CS EOF)
Bakerstreets: Full Dose - Week 5 - CGRSFS (RME, CS, BPSS, BTTE EOF)
C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese: Full Dose - Week 7 - CGRSFS (RME, CS, BPSS, BTTE EOF)

July 29, 2019 - Aug 04, 2019

Dark Devil, Killer Kush, Green Poison - Full Dose - Week 1 - CGRSFS - (RME, CS EOF)
Cream Caramel & Red Mandarine: Full Dose - Week 3 - CGRSFS - (RME, CS EOF)
Bakerstreets: Full Dose - Week 6 - CGRSFS (RME, CS, BPSS, BTTE EOF)
C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese: Full Dose - Week 8 - CGRSFS (RME, CS, BPSS, BTTE EOF)

August 05, 2019 - August 11, 2019

Dark Devil, Killer Kush, Green Poison - Full Dose - Week 2 - CGRSFS - (RME, CS EOF)
Cream Caramel & Red Mandarine: Full Dose - Week 4 - CGRSFS - (RME, CS EOF)
Bakerstreets: Full Dose - Week 7 - CGRSFS (RME, CS, BPSS, BTTE EOF)
C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese: Full Dose - Week 9 - CGRSFS (RME, CS, BPSS, BTTE EOF)

August 12, 2019 - August 18, 2019

Dark Devil, Killer Kush, Green Poison - Full Dose - Week 3 - CGRSFS - (RME, CS EOF)
Bakerstreets: Full Dose - Week 8 - CGRSFS (RME, CS, BPSS, BTTE EOF)
C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese: Full Dose - Week 10 - CGRSFS (RME, CS, BPSS, BTTE EOF)

August 19, 2019 - August 25, 2019

Dark Devil, Killer Kush, Green Poison - Full Dose - Week 4 - CGRSFS - (RME, CS EOF)
Bakerstreets: Full Dose - Week 9 - CGRSFS (RME, CS, BPSS, BTTE EOF)
C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese: Full Dose - Week 10 - CGRSFS (RME, CS, BPSS, BTTE EOF)

*** The Dark Devil, Killer Kush, Green Poison will get their pistels in about a week or so.
*** The Cream Caramel & Red Mandarine have to veg until Bakerstreets' harvest.
*** The C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese should be harvested by now.

July 21 2019 - Update

Bakerstreet #1 - Image unavailable due to the 24 hour darkness before switching to 12-12 lighting.

Bakerstreet #2 - Image unavailable due to the 24 hour darkness before switching to 12-12 lighting.

IMG_20190721_192646.jpg

IMG_20190721_192653.jpg

IMG_20190721_192703.jpg

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 7/ Week 8 ... Day 56 ... week 7 veg.
1 Cream Caramel CBD ... Day 4/ Week 2 ... Day 11 ... week 1 veg.
1 Red Mandarine ... Day 4/ Week 2 ... Day 11 ... week 1 veg.

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 7/ Week 7 ... Day 49 ... late pre-flower.
1 Cheese: Day 7/ Week 7 ... Day 49 ... late pre-flower.

Environment:

RH is running steady around 50%.

Canopy temperature is running between 23°C (73°F) and 29°C (84°F) lights on, and 23°C (73°F) lights off.

The light is 53 cm (21") above C.R.E.A.M.'s & Cheese's canopy centered over the 2 plants.

Watering and Feeding:

50 ml (0.2 cups) each.

I used a full dose of the Week 1 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule, B-52 and CarboLoad.

Bakerstreets:

pH: 6.52
ppm: 1047

2 litres (0.5 gallons) each.

I used a full dose of the Week 4 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule, B-52 and CarboLoad.

C.R.E.A.M. & Cheese:

pH: 6.51
ppm: 1241

1.5 litres (0.4 gallons) each.

I used a full dose of the Week 7 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule, B-52 and CarboLoad.

*** For details on my feeding schedule refer to here: The Different Feeds I need For This Grow (Version 3)

Activities:

LST on all plants.

Notes:

*** I will leave the Bakerstreet plants in complete darkness for 36 hours before commencing 12-12 to ensure a high phytochrome red ratio. During the day or lights-on period, two receptors, phytochrome red and phytochrome far-red, are in balance. In darkness, the far-red change into red. It’s the increase in red that triggers flowering.

*** The Bakerstreet 24 hour dark period started at 23:00 on July 20, 2019.

*** The Bakerstreet lights will be turned back on to 12-12 lighting at 20:00 on July 22, 2019. I decided to run the lights at night while it's cooler instead of during the day. For a detailed discussion, please refer to here: The Different Feeds I need For This Grow (Version 3)

I will do a full water and full feed tomorrow on all the plants.

I am watering the Cream Caramel CBD & Red Mandarine near the stem so that the tap root follows the water down instead of out.

I am letting the Cream Caramel CBD & Red Mandarine stretch towards the light and get some height.

Lessons Learned:

Bud Aid

By AdvancedNutrients

Bud Aid Is Like “Insurance” For Your Grow Room

The team of scientists, researchers and plant chemists at Advanced Nutrients has spent many years studying the potential problems facing growers of high-value plants…

They discovered many things can go wrong during a crop cycle that could cause a large percentage of your plants to never make it and jeopardize the value of your entire harvest.

Scientific testing also determined, in a grow room emergency, TIME is the biggest threat to your plants survival!

It’s a fact: the quicker you act to treat your plants, the more likely you are to save them. That’s why you need a “first aid kit” close at hand to protect your investment and why Advanced Nutrients developed Bud Aid consisting of Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra and Revive.

If you’re not using Advanced Nutrients base nutrients — with their dialed in calcium and magnesium levels — Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra is almost a necessity. Use it at the first sign of a Ca and Mg deficiency such as stunted growth and yellowing leaves.

And when your plants really get in trouble, reach for Revive. This concentrated combination of proprietary ingredients can turn around wilted, unhealthy plants fast.

When you use Bud Aid products from Advanced Nutrients…

Rejuvenating substances race into roots, pumping them full of healing nutrition!

They drive up into your stems and leaves—flooding them with life-saving nutrients!

New flowers and buds bloom—and existing flowers plump up larger with new life!

Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra

0_Sensi-Cal-Mag-Xtra-269x350.png

Feed Your Crops the Calcium & Magnesium They’re Lacking, Plus the Overlooked Element They Desperately Need

You know that, like developing children, your plants need a steady supply of calcium and magnesium for strong and healthy growth. But even advanced growers often overlook another element their high-value crops need: specific forms of iron in exacting ratios. If you’re using our base nutrients, you’re already getting the correct amounts of these vital elements. But if you’re using base nutrients made by other companies, your crops could be deficient, leading to stunted growth and yellowing leaves. In that case, you need Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra, the only calcium and magnesium supplement formulated with the exact Ca, Mg, and Fe ratios unique to the plants we grow. It also contains optimal amounts of the diverse micronutrients your plants crave. And, as always, you’re protected by our 100% money-back Grower Guarantee!

Revive

0_Revive-269x350.png

This One-Stop, Emergency “Miracle Cure” Is A Must-Have For Every Grow Room!

This concentrated combination of nitrogen, calcium, magnesium, chelated iron and chelated zinc allows you to perform quick, effective, lifesaving “CPR” on your plants. Revive is guaranteed to rejuvenate your crops if they get into the most typical kinds of nutrient-deficiency trouble – which they can if something unexpected and beyond your control occurs, and especially if you are using inferior nutrients! Our R&D team has determined that the most important factor in saving your crops is time, so don’t wait to employ Revive by adding it to your nutrient solution or using it as a foliar spray at the first sign of trouble. These rejuvenating substances race into your plant’s roots or leaves, get rapidly distributed throughout its vascular system and flood the plant with healing nutrition! If you do that in a timely manner, you’re precious plants will get their best chance not only to survive, but also to thrive. As always you either love Revive or it’s absolutely free with our 100% money back Grower Guarantee!

ToDo:

Learn more about LUX and PAR.

Learn more about Temperature/Relative Humidity and Vapor Pressure Deficit.

July 22 2019 - Update

IMG_20190722_215748.jpg

IMG_20190722_215758.jpg

IMG_20190722_215900.jpg

IMG_20190722_215917.jpg

IMG_20190722_220015.jpg

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 1/ Week 9 ... Day 57 ... week 8 veg.
1 Cream Caramel CBD ... Day 5/ Week 2 ... Day 12 ... week 1 veg.
1 Red Mandarine ... Day 5/ Week 2 ... Day 12 ... week 1 veg.

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 1/ Week 8 ... Day 50 ... early flower.
1 Cheese: Day 1/ Week 8 ... Day 50 ... early flower.

Environment:

RH is running steady around 50%.

Canopy temperature is running between 23°C (73°F) and 29°C (84°F) lights on, and 23°C (73°F) lights off.

The Bakerstreets' light is in its 40 hour dark period.
The C.R.E.A.M.'s & Cheese's light is running 4 cycles of "5 hours lights-on and 1 hours lights-off".

*** I want to run the Bakerstreets' light with 4 cycles of "3 hours lights-on and 3 hours lights-off" in parallel with the C.R.E.A.M.'s & Cheese's light running 4 cycles of "5 hours lights-on and 1 hours lights-off".

The light is 53 cm (21") above C.R.E.A.M.'s & Cheese's canopy centered over the 2 plants.

Watering and Feeding:

Soil feed - 100 ml (0.4 cups) each.

I used a full dose of the Week 1 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule, B-52 and CarboLoad.

*** Soil watering and feeding is done 1 hour after the lights turn on ... so the roots have been stimulated to draw nutrients up into the plant.

Bakerstreets:

pH: 6.39
ppm: 521

Foliar feed - 50 ml (0.2 cups) each.

I used a half dose of the Week 5 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule, B-52 and CarboLoad.

*** Foliar watering and feeding is done 1 hour after the lights turn off ... so the leaves have cooled and the stomata are open to accept water and nutrients.

*** For details on my feeding schedule refer to here: The Different Feeds I need For This Grow (Version 3)

Activities:

LST on all plants.

Refilled the humidifier with water.

Notes:

The priority has to be to expose the growth nodes/buds and to keep the canopy even.

*** This was my first time flipping to 12-12 so I was worried and cut the dark period to 21 hours.

*** I watered and fed the Bakerstreets then put the ScrOG on. I made sure they were still healthy.

*** So I will try again, ... and I will leave the Bakerstreet plants in complete darkness for 36 hours before commencing 12-12 to ensure a high phytochrome red ratio. During the day or lights-on period, two receptors, phytochrome red and phytochrome far-red, are in balance. In darkness, the far-red change into red. It’s the increase in red that triggers flowering.

*** The Bakerstreet 40 hour dark period started at 20:00 on July 22, 2019.

I want to run the Bakerstreets light with 4 cycles of "3 hours lights-on and 3 hours lights-off".

*** The Bakerstreet lights will be turned back on to 12-12 lighting at 12:00 noon on July 24, 2019. I decided to run the Bakerstreets' 4 light cycles in parallel with the C.R.E.A.M.'s & Cheese's 4 light cycles. This means both lights will be off from 11:00 to 12:00, 17:00 to 18:00, 23:00 to 00:00, and 05:00 to 06:00 ... and I can do foliar feeding during these times.

I am letting the Cream Caramel CBD & Red Mandarine stretch towards the light to get some height and node spacing.

Lessons Learned:

Vapor Pressure Deficit

By Wikipedia

Vapour-pressure deficit, or VPD, is the difference (deficit) between the amount of moisture in the air and how much moisture the air can hold when it is saturated. Once air becomes saturated, water will condense out to form clouds, dew or films of water over leaves. It is this last instance that makes VPD important for greenhouse regulation. If a film of water forms on a plant leaf, it becomes far more susceptible to rot. On the other hand, as the VPD increases, the plant needs to draw more water from its roots. In the case of cuttings, the plant may dry out and die. For this reason the ideal range for VPD in a greenhouse is from 0.45 kPa to 1.25 kPa, ideally sitting at around 0.85 kPa. As a general rule, most plants grow well at VPDs of between 0.8 and 0.95 kPa.

0_vpd_2degree.gif

ToDo:

July 23 2019 - Update

Bakerstreet #1 - Image unavailable due to the 28 hour darkness before switching to 12-12 lighting.

Bakerstreet #2 - Image unavailable due to the 28 hour darkness before switching to 12-12 lighting.

IMG_20190723_210718.jpg

IMG_20190723_210734.jpg

IMG_20190723_210756.jpg

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 2/ Week 9 ... Day 58 ... week 1 flower.
1 Cream Caramel CBD ... Day 6/ Week 2 ... Day 13 ... week 1 veg.
1 Red Mandarine ... Day 6/ Week 2 ... Day 13 ... week 1 veg.

*** Allow 1 day to 3 days of dark before switching to 12-12

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 2/ Week 8 ... Day 51 ... early flower.
1 Cheese: Day 2/ Week 8 ... Day 51 ... early flower.

Environment #1 - Photoperiod Flower:

RH is running steady around 50% - lights-off.

Canopy temperature is running about 22°C (71°F) - lights-off.

VPD is about 1.02 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/ Early Flower - lights-off.

*** The Bakerstreets' light is in its 28 hour dark period.

*** I want to run the Bakerstreets' light with 4 cycles of "3 hours lights-on and 3 hours lights-off" in parallel with the C.R.E.A.M.'s & Cheese's light running 4 cycles of "5 hours lights-on and 1 hours lights-off".

The Bakerstreets' light is 53 cm (21") above the canopy centered over the 2 plants.

*** The light I have is not suited for a 2'x4' tent; that is, it is not wide enough to give even coverage to the edges.

Environment #2 - Autoflower Flower:

RH is running steady around 50% lights-on.
RH is running steady around 50% lights-off.

Canopy temperature is running between 25°C (77°F) and 27°C (80°F) lights-on.
Canopy temperature is running about 23°C (73°F) lights-off.

VPD is about 1.23 to 1.39 - High Transpiration: Mid Flower/Late Flower - lights-on.
VPD is about 1.09 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/ Early Flower - lights-off.

The C.R.E.A.M.'s & Cheese's light is running 4 cycles of "5 hours lights-on and 1 hours lights-off".

The C.R.E.A.M.'s & Cheese's light is 53 cm (21") above canopy centered over the 2 plants.

Watering and Feeding:

Soil feed - 100 ml (0.4 cups) each.

*** Soil watering and feeding is done 1 hour after the lights turn on ... so the roots have been stimulated to draw nutrients up into the plant.

Bakerstreets:

pH: 6.39
ppm: 521

Foliar feed - 50 ml (0.2 cups) each.

I used a half dose of the Week 5 Canada Gringo Rasta Soil Schedule, B-52 and CarboLoad.

*** Foliar watering and feeding is done 1 hour after the lights turn off ... so the leaves have cooled and the stomata are open to accept water and nutrients.

Activities:

LST on all plants.

Refilled the humidifier with water.

Gently scraped soil away from the 4 germinating seeds to make sure they are rooting and are not buried too deep.

Notes:

The priority has to be to expose the growth nodes/buds and to keep the canopy even.

*** This was my first time flipping to 12-12 so I was worried and cut the dark period to 21 hours.

*** I watered and fed the Bakerstreets, then put the ScrOG on. I made sure they were still healthy.

*** So I will try again, ... and I will leave the Bakerstreet plants in complete darkness for 28 hours before commencing 12-12 to ensure a high phytochrome red ratio. During the day or lights-on period, two receptors, phytochrome red and phytochrome far-red, are in balance. In darkness, the far-red change into red. It’s the increase in red that triggers flowering.

*** The Bakerstreets' 28 hour dark period started at 20:00 on July 22, 2019.

*** I want to run the Bakerstreets' light with 4 cycles of "3 hours lights-on and 3 hours lights-off".

*** The Bakerstreets' light will be turned back on to 12-12 lighting at 24:00 midnight on July 23, 2019.

*** Overall, this gives the Bakerstreets about 48 hours of dark before switching to continuous 12-12 lighting.

*** I decided to run the Bakerstreets' 4 light cycles in parallel with the C.R.E.A.M.'s & Cheese's 4 light cycles. This means both environment's lights will be off from 05:00 to 06:00, 11:00 to 12:00, 17:00 to 18:00 and 23:00 to 24:00; I can do foliar feeding during these times.

I will try to keep the Bakerstreets' canopy height below 30 cm (12"). For detailed calculations on how I determined the canopy height, please refer to the ... June 30, 2019 - Update ... Lessons Learned section here: How long to Veg Photoperiods

I am letting the Cream Caramel CBD & Red Mandarine stretch towards the light to get some height and node spacing.

*** I may need a temperature controller and a humidifier for the 2'x4' tent to dial-in VPD.

Lessons Learned:

VPD: How Can Vapour Pressure Deficit Boost Cannabis Yields?

By RoyalQueenSeeds

VPD, or Vapour Pressure Deficit, is a technique used to discover and implement optimal temperature and relative humidity conditions to achieve greater cannabis plant performance.

VPD stands for Vapour Pressure Deficit. It is a way of calculating the exact combination of temperature and relative humidity to achieve absolute peak performance from a plant. If you secure the right environmental conditions and are able to maintain them, the results are nothing short of astonishing.

If you are able to dial in the right temperature and humidity in your grow-room, this is a must-read.

VPD has been known for quite a while, but fell out of the agro-horticulture circuits because large-scale operations rely on natural climate, as opposed to indoor growing. Only more recently, with the advent of the greenhouse and an influx of hobby cannabis growers, has it become possible to actually control environmental conditions with evermore precision to make practical use of VPD.

What was once only capable by university scientists is now possible to achieve by anyone, anywhere!

All you need is to get a cheap infrared thermometer gun and a relative humidity monitor (which you should already own by now), and start aiming the gun at your canopy, read the leaf temperature, and adjust either the temperature or the relative humidity (RH%)—whichever is more convenient.

It is as simple as that in practical terms. But the complete theory can get very confusing, very quickly.

THE THEORY BEHIND VPD
We will try to keep it as simple as possible. The mathematics behind this concept are quite complex indeed, but we do not need to get into them. Thankfully, there are many charts out there that will make your calculations as simple as crossing two numbers together—temperature x relative humidity.

But… for the sake of accuracy, VPD is the difference (or deficit) between how much water air can hold, compared to how much it is actually holding at that given moment. This difference is expressed in kilopascals, a pressure metric. The higher the ambient temperature, the higher concentration of water molecules can be maintained in the air, until relative humidity reaches 100% and condensation occurs. So, as both temperature and relative humidity shift, the deficit can be greatly increased or decreased.

0_Inner-Leaf_1.jpg

DO I REALLY NEED TO USE VPD?
Not at all. Depends on how much you appreciate a significant yield increase come harvest.

The principle behind plant growth is: light, food, and water. As you may know, plants consume CO₂ (carbon dioxide) and excrete O₂ (oxygen). They take in water and nutrients mainly through the roots, and transport it to the leaves where the light source then hits to energise the metabolic processes in the developing plant. With VPD, you can control (and hopefully increase) the rate at which these metabolic processes occur—though technically indirectly.

Underneath the leaves, there are tiny structures called stomata. These are openings that mediate the entry of water molecules and carbon dioxide, as well as serving as an exit port for oxygen and water molecules.

The stomata are sensitive to the environment. They can “read” how much humidity is in the air as well as the air column pressure. If needed, they can bring in some extra water through the leaves. Good news for avid foliar sprayers.

On the contrary, if the temperature is too high, the plant will try to transpire as much water as possible as means to cool-off. Much like we as well.

The problem is, when both temperature and relative humidity are either too high or too low, for instance, if the room temperature is too high and the relative humidity is also too high, the leaves are incapable of transpiring. When this happens, your cannabis production rate decreases.

The higher the ambient temperature, the higher quantity of water molecules it can absorb. This increases the surrounding air pressure. It is this air pressure that constricts the stomata from being able to open. They will do their best, but will not be as efficient, and far from working at peak performance.

You may think you have dialed in your grow room perfectly; but in all practicality, there is likely a great margin for improvement. It only makes sense to use VPD to dial in perfect conditions if you are able to fine tune to precise values of both temperature and humidity. In practical terms, most of the time you will simply be adjusting temperature.

BUT I ALWAYS RUN MY ROOM AT OPTIMAL LEVELS!
The more advanced you get, the finer the details get, but also the higher the rewards. Grow rooms are becoming ever more intelligent with the lowering of prices regarding technology. Just a few years back, a full kit of sensors would be prohibitively expensive. In this day and age, you can get continuous readings from your grow room straight to your smartphone, without breaking the bank.

Sure, everyone knows that during flowering, you will want to keep the temperatures at around 25°C and below 55–65% RH to avoid bud-rot. Under 35% RH may be too stressful for the plant. If you run CO₂ supplementation, you can easily run both higher temperatures and humidity levels safely.

But what if you could significantly increase your final yield, simply by knowing with absolute certainty the exact combination of temperature and RH to turbo-charge the stomata’s efficiency? This is the power of VPD.

HOW DOES IT WORK IN PRACTICE?
Start by getting an infrared thermometer gun. These can be found quite cheaply with lower precision tolerances, but are good enough to get the job done and let you see first hand how effective VPD actually is. Or, out of curiosity, to see how far off you are from optimal performance.

You start by pointing and shooting the gun’s laser over your top canopy while you take leaf surface temperature readings. These will vary across your canopy, so take a good few measurements at your most productive regions. Average these values to get a final temperature reading, and then grab your current RH% level.

Simply cross-reference these numbers in a chart like this one, and you will know where you sit regarding VPD. The best of it, no calculations are needed.

If (not surprisingly) you are too far away from optimal levels, just look at the closest, most viable option (temperature or RH%) and tweak your grow room accordingly.

That is essentially it. Do this from time to time to keep a good VPD in its place, and get prepared to be amazed. If you thought you knew your strain well, you might be in for a pleasant surprise.

To really take this to an entirely new level, consider purchasing a continuous measuring unit and see how temperature and RH% varies during a full day-night cycle, permitting you to adjust for ultimate peak performance.

0_vpd_2degree.gif

ToDo:

Back
Top Bottom