420's Soil ProMix Hp, Gorilla Glue & Girl Scout Cookies: Grow Journal 2020

i don't give it the entire 2l buttle. it only get s 1/4 of that buttle and even that 1/4 gets broken down to two sections. One during morning and one during night. i try to keep the soil moist and not wet

the 2L bottle gets devided to 4 plants
Moist and wet may be good for some things.....but
Sounds like one could over water that way. You ever have that problem?

:rofl: :rofl: it says NOT wet just moist. but i mean i've see times that the 1st inch has been a bit on the dryer side vs being moist

:rofl: :rofl: it says NOT wet just moist. but i mean i've see times that the 1st inch has been a bit on the dryer side vs being moist
I feed mine once a week. Now that they need water more often feed is spaced out about 8 days apart. So now it's every other watering. I bottom feed all my plants verses the old watering from the top. By bottom feeding I'm letting the plant determine how much it needs. Once it has soaked up all it can in an hour I drain the catch pan and set them on a dry surface. Bottom feeding makes it hard to over or under water.
Just throwing that out there for ya. Try all the methods and find what works for you.

@PK1 i water my plants similarly once the root system is established. I have feeders just below the soil line so I have to keep the soil somewhat moist...which hasn’t been easy with this heat :laughtwo:
Those surface roots are kinda sensitive. All the more reason I bottom feed. Pull your plant from it's pot....where are the largest roots? Bottom or top?..lol. A good medium will wick water to all roots top to bottom.

the promix has perlites in it and i've added more. So the water retention is pretty good.
I do get your point on your plants getting fed from the catch can and building the root system on the bottom. I havn't figured out how it would with the fiberpots i've got.

I transplanted sometimes last week so if i grab it there will be less root develop in the new soil. To work that i've only watered the outside premeter where the hole was made. This will allow the roots to move further into the new soil and develop further.

@PK1 i water my plants similarly once the root system is established. I have feeders just below the soil line so I have to keep the soil somewhat moist...which hasn’t been easy with this heat :laughtwo:
the heat deffinitly makes it harder

@Enjoying do you think the plant can take more at this stage? cuz next watering is in two/three days

Honestly I'm really not the person to ask as I'm only on my first grow and I've never used MC.

I would say keep it at a quarter to a third strength through out the whole cycle or at least until it is twice the size it is now. But this is me being cautious as from what I understand every cultivar(strain) needs something a little different from the next and not wanting to mess anything up.

I would rather have a deficiency than a toxicity as the first is easier to correct.

Get something to train those banches though. I think there is a quadline link in my signature. It may be of assistance.

Get something to train those banches though. I think there is a quadline link in my signature. It may be of assistance.

i have strings that i will tie them too and pul them more when they develop a bit furher. i am also doing the scrogy method.
@Pennywise where would you think i should have my ppm or grams at, at this stage?

I’d say it looks quite a bit like GG, I have 2 growing now
FB5EA4AE-DEF9-4677-A7FD-2DF5B2FF4097.jpeg
and as far as the MC- it’s meant to be watered every time but everyone feeds different. With autos I’d suggest getting it to 4g/G (.96g/L) as fast as possible, With photos, just give it as much as it will handle until you’re at full strength.
Looking good so far!

i think im gona ride it for a bit on 1/4per gallon. thats about 300ppm on my pen. penny the milk jug i am using to mix this has gone througha cycle of 600ppm. I have washed it prior to use but do you think there could be nutri build up? i only ask this cuz i dont have a tds calibrator

UPDATE | MegaCrop | Creating a new mixture

I mentioned above that my 1/4 tsp is 300 and that was me being high and smoking my joint :rofl:
I made a new batch right now and last time i used 1/2tps. i am doing 1/2tps this round which my tds showed 400 ppm.
This will be the next feeding since my last one was just tap water.

I was also wondering if i would dig a hole in the pot and stick a tube in there and phave my dirt around the tube so that it can sit. Then i will put some water with in the tube and since its going to the bottom of the pot then the soil at the bottom will also be moist. Let me know what you think, because to me if the soil is constantly moist through out the day by watering then the bottom of the soil should have water. hope that makes sense.

Veg-Day 15 - feeding day

zoom.png

After a few conversations in different posts I've been keeping a eye on these fiber pots. I noticed that the bottom of the bag was moist/slightly wet for the last 4 days. I think, I gave it to much water last time. However, she didnt give me any negative response and grow bigger. The bottom of the fiber pots are not moist or wet to touch today and the top soil was more on the dry side.

Today she is getting the 2nd half of my 1gallon jug. This 2L gets devided between all the plants and usually each plant gets quater of litter.
2020-08-29 23.34.44.jpg

I did a very minor defoliation. The leaves on this plant are just too big and it wont allow the light to penetrate much.
Currently temps at 78f. High temp gets up to 81f and low temp at 75f. Ican tottaly tell when the summer is coming to an end.

its been 42 days. what do you guys think the growth has been, any tips?

Did ya forget the pics? How they looking?
above pics are recent. i watch it everyday so hard for me to say unless i see a huge difference. should i cut the aptical bud on all the branchesand get more branches? :morenutes: Their going onto their fourth node

:popcorn:
2020-09-03 14.59.13.jpg
2020-09-03 14.59.17.jpg
2020-09-03 14.59.20.jpg
2020-09-03 14.59.27-1.jpg
2020-09-03 14.59.37.jpg
2020-09-03 14.59.41.jpg
2020-09-03 14.59.45.jpg
2020-09-03 14.59.49.jpg
2020-09-02 19.49.48.jpg

that steady stream of mist I think I’m seeing in the corner will not be good for that little one , in my humble opinion ?
That rats nest in the front right will give you a run for you money. Stay on top of her training to be sure !
namaste

Back
Top Bottom