420's Soil Purple Kush Journal

You could get a couple of the lower wattage screw in type LED's or CFL's to do the job with a standard reflector hanging socket.., you don't need high wattage, for $40.00 or less on Amazon or eBay you would be set.

If using the 1500W, use just one and start high...use the back of your hand to judge distance, at seedling stage when they are tender, you don't want to feel any heat, but you also don't want them searching for light...Lower it till you can feel heat and then raise it up 8 inches, see how the plants react, if they look to be stretching, lower it a couple inches at a time until you find that sweet spot.

As far as nutes, start lite and slowly up them, keep a log of what you do so you know if you have to back off or up them, learn the signs the leaves tell you, the color, the position they present themselves ( droopy, flat, praying) are all signs of how happy the plants are...uplifted leaves are what you want to see with a true Green color, the stems should be a light green and fairly stiff, a slight breeze rustling them 24/7 is ideal, use the tent walls to bounce the air rather than hitting them directly.

Before you start your new run, clean the entire tent with a mild bleach/water solution, the current plants may have some of the diseases we discussed, we don't want any spores hanging around, and if you had any bugs, a product called Home Defense by Ortho is a great spray to keep the bugs away, it is safe to use indoors, pet/child friendly and keeps the creepy crawlers away, just follow the directions. I spray the inside and outside perimeter of my room and tent once a month...no bugs.

Another tip that mostly applies in the spring, summer, and fall is if you are working out in the yard, change your clothes and wash up before entering the grow area, drift from spraying weeds or ants catching a ride with you will cause all sorts of new problems.

So you're saying flourescent is the way to go? Last run I used my 300w viparscetras and they seemed to work fine but I rarely see many people using LED's at early stages like me. Maybe I'll grab a small fluorescent just for the seedling stage. Don't think I'll be grabbing a big 1500w one. I already have heat problems in the tent and It may be a little much to hang it. Are those kind of lights better than LED's for veg? It was my understanding that LED's are the new way to go but what do I know ahah. I had no problems with bugs, had a slight mold when the humidity was high but it's been gone ever since. Maybe I'll wipe the tent down anyways just to be safe.

So you're saying flourescent is the way to go? Last run I used my 300w viparscetras and they seemed to work fine but I rarely see many people using LED's at early stages like me. Maybe I'll grab a small fluorescent just for the seedling stage. Don't think I'll be grabbing a big 1500w one. I already have heat problems in the tent and It may be a little much to hang it. Are those kind of lights better than LED's for veg? It was my understanding that LED's are the new way to go but what do I know ahah. I had no problems with bugs, had a slight mold when the humidity was high but it's been gone ever since. Maybe I'll wipe the tent down anyways just to be safe.

If you had good luck with the 300 W LED's last time, use that, its my personal preference to use the T8's for the first 2-3 weeks to keep the node spacing tighter without worrying about too much heat burning the tender tops, the same can be done with the LED's...you just have to be a bit more careful with the light height.

Ok cool, I think I'll keep it around 32 inches away to start off and lower it a little once it sprouts. By the way, I plucked out my two plants to observe the roots. No sign of root rot (at least no slime at all) and the roots are all white. However there's not nearly as much as I thought there would be.
IMG_553311.JPG
IMG_553211.JPG
IMG_55319.JPG

At least now you know what the problem was, too bad you have to start over but I think you will find growing in coco will be much easier, a bit more work with the daily watering but the results will be great.

I started a new grow and grow journal if you'd like to check it out!

I put it at 22" just to be on the safe side. As promised, here's the white light photos

IMG_532810.JPG
IMG_529812.JPG
IMG_533110.JPG
IMG_532712.JPG
IMG_533212.JPG
They look like your watering too much. Remember, the roots are obly as big as the plant maximum.... and obly take about half their body size in water each day. Lay off the water too much as you'll get fungas gnats or other pests or disease if your not careful.

It's still 88 degrees :(. Not sure what I can do. Not sure I can have 2 lights running. I'm pretty surprised that one more light increased the temp from 78 to 88. I opened up more parts of the tent but I'm not sure that's helping at all
Exhaust fan! But in doing to, your RH will drop. You will need a solution for that if you exhaust the hot air.

Back
Top Bottom