420's West Hippie Grows A Candy Kush Mother Plant - Plus Some Squishing Rosin

Figured I’d start a Mother’s thread with my Candy Kush . I bought 20 seeds and so far only one sprouted out of 10 tries . They look split at the seam on the seeds or did they crush them at customs . Clones are the easiest to start and complete . If the north wind didn’t blow my cloner away I ought to have six clones in less than a couple weeks to start . With the cloner is needed is a mist bottle , one gram of MC and this time of year an aquarium heater . Yes 73 degrees is perfect as in DWC’s perfect temperature .
Waiting on some more weed from the hood and will get the sticks out for some pressing. I will post the squishing here and Grandpa Tokin’s rosin thread . My Acapulco caps are almost gone , I’ve taken one every morning for 5 months now and not looking to be out . Kind of like the water boy movie tackling fuel to get the job done . This critical purple weed is stoner weed thinking on adding an extra 50 mL of CCO for the OO capsules .
Back to the Candy Kush mom , she’s been neglected but still alive. Last bucket change went with 4 grams of MC and should’ve stayed at 3-1/2 grams and 10 mL calmag but she’ll be fine . And no I didn’t buy any soil so mom is in DWC .
Got to get busy so here’s a couple pics of Mom Candy Kush .

I'm always in for a WH journal! And that mother looks like a great specimen.
:green_heart:
North wind had us down to .01 % RH and I wasn’t there I think it hurt her a little so I increased the nutrients, should be okay . Clouds came in 12 degrees is gone RH is on the rise .

Looks cool WSH what is the strain details on the plant? Sounds like a good experiment
Thanks TC and good to hear you here’s the goods on her , it had 26% thc on the chart when I bought them . I’ve had Candy Kush in 2016-18 wished I’d still had that mother . Every grow was 7-1/2 weeks and hang her .

487088CB-3C08-4BBF-9633-A60899626954.jpeg

Thanks TC and good to hear you here’s the goods on her , it had 26% thc on the chart when I bought them . I’ve had Candy Kush in 2016-18 wished I’d still had that mother . Every grow was 7-1/2 weeks and hang her .

487088CB-3C08-4BBF-9633-A60899626954.jpeg
Thanks WSH sounds like a good sleep aid haha well that’s what I smoke for imagine the dabs will be mint!

The @ViparSpectra P4000 has light up the girl since seed , set the pot to zero 6”’s from the rockwool and now today at 18”s it’s set at 80% . The new leaves are burnt at the tips and will go back to 3-1/2 grams MC with the 10 mL calmag no MSA on mother I don’t think she needs it no flowers to weight her down. If you think I should use MSA I have it just shout it out . The leaves are curling to the side maybe the ph was too low at 5.4 adjusted to 5.8 .

I'd say skip the calmag! You shouldn't need it with the MC, unless it's a hydro thing.

Also, if this is a mother plant don't you want as little light as possible to keep it normal grower size rather than standard WH size? :)

Happy new year! 🥳
She was showing signs of needing calmag and your right I do believe it’s a hydro thing with the calmag . Remember I’ll make 30-50 plus clones plus they’ll pull clones just to keep these 22 guys growing . I’ll keep mama about 36”s .

:peace: HAPPY NEW YEAR :peace:

Pressed the two ounces of critical purple , it was from the weird one massive buds . Last one was the one that had spears coming up . What I did notice on the critical purple girls all three different sizes they all had that one leaf fans on them, letting me know there kin folk .
I’ll start with what I’ve pressed and then come back with the capsule program.
RH was a perfect 62% , press temp 190 f 88 c . I’ve been bringing the hot plates down to the pucks and leave till I see the pucks start melting then press , this time 1 minute 1000psi, then another minute 2500psi, and on to 5000psi for the last minute. Three minutes max .

Sitting in the oven at 240 degrees
Only 11mL of rosin verses the last two ounces of 19 mL . I only added 100 mL CCO and 10 mL of sunflower lecithin.
Mixing on the magnetic stirrer
Setting up the cap contraption
Almost there , don’t want to melt no caps.

Loading the caps is manual labor
And for some reason I got 122 caps instead of 121 . That’s just fine but the high is not as good as the one with the spears.
This was the one with heavy buds we just pressed and loaded below

Well I took pics of Mother Candy Kush
She’s growing like mad now like she’s on steroids. The vipar spectra P4000 is doing it’s job at 80% but it’s grown within 13” from the light. I will put it back on 18”s clearance. Found the tub to the cloner 60 mph north wind carried it 300 yards into the woods . Yes I see six that I can make clones out of . Cool day no riding today .

Had 30 gallon totes on sale at sams 10.48 . Top is strong sit on me type . Also got some dusting off on the light , going back up . I hadn’t grown Candy Kush under it yet .

Got the cloner cleaned up , 6 gallons, 50 hole , plus I found the top . I’ll go out and adjust the ph and make a spray bottle of alive today . Between 4-6 clones will be cut just before lights out .

Back
Top Bottom