425Jesse - Grow 2 - A Journey With Super Silver Haze From Seed In Soil

Growing fast, and looking for a little advice. The tops from the highest branches are getting nice a tall, but too tall maybe. I want to top again to promote them, is now the time?
420-magazine-mobile378963565.jpg
420-magazine-mobile343220541.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1376428489.jpg

Thanks and have a great day!!

Check out my journals!!
Top or Fim those girls before flower. Now is the time!They are growing so fast they won't even notice.
Personally I might not top that lone bushy plant. It seems to have taken a preference to grow sideways instead of stretch like your other beauties.
Others out there please chime in if your experience differs from me and my 50 day old 12" Fim'd bush.
I'm three weeks into flower and it has filled out with a bunch of flowers and branches but has not gained more than 2" or so. My other plant, same strain has gained 4.5" since the flip.
Guage.

"Be a man not a kid, smoke pot by the lid".......Bucky

Today was transplant to our final pot day for some of the kiddos! I knew that I would be moving to bigger pots, and this time decided that I would try the fabric style pots. I got 3 gallon ones for the upgrade. It really seems like they hold more than a standard 3 gallon pot, but probably not. I have decided to, theoretically, follow this for the plan of the remainder of this Grow.

I'm going to top the 3 I up potted into cloth, which will slow them down, but will be better for the SCROG I would like to do later.

420-magazine-mobile1717807349.jpg

SSH4 will get topped when her top is big enough to clone, and I took 2 clones off her base branches today. We'll see how that goes.

SSH5 seems strong, but slow, so I think I will try to learn a little more about mainlining with her, and just Veg the heck out of her while I do.

Ultimately I am here to listen to what the plants tell me, so who really knows, but hey, it is so much fun!!

Cheers!

Hello fabric pot users...how often do you water your fabric pots? I have 3 gallon ones, and each took almost a gallon initially, and haven't watered since, 6 days ago. The bottoms feel cool to the touch, and haven't wilted at all. Just looking for a bit of advice! Thanks ahead of time.
420-magazine-mobile1366565103.jpg

Hey Jesse! I haven't used fabric pots, but in all the journals I've read of people who use them, they all talk about weight being the factor they use to decide when to water. They say to pick up the pot when it's dry to get a feel for it, then water it completely and lift again to see the difference. When you think another water is due, lift the pot again and if it feels the same as it did when you new it was completely dry, then water again.

Not sure if I explained it right, but the general idea is to water when it feels light enough. :)

Hey Jesse ✌️
Timmyhaha is spot on. I just transplanted into 3gal pots. It's been about 9-10 days since and they still haven't asked for water. The pots are pretty light, though they haven't gotten witty yet. Once I feel they've gotten light I'll plan on watering within the next day or two. Sometimes they pick up the pace suddenly and you find them witty before you expect. In that case I water right away.
✌️..

420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks again! Lifting the pots makes it super obvious if they need water, duh:).

My first journal is now complete, trimmed and dried, and has gone off to cure, so the flower tent has been sanitized, the HPS has need removed, and SSH 1,2,3 and 5 have found their homes, SCROG to be installed after just a bit of stretching, and a little LST. Gonna grow these babies much bigger than the last, since I will not be growing 8 plants at once, but maybe half that. Here is the update photos from this am.
420-magazine-mobile647221407.jpg
420-magazine-mobile298796789.jpg

Cheers!

Update! SSH 1-3 were given their first spank and bend (lst) today. Just starting to spread them out and open up their insides. SSH 5 is the plant that I decided to try out mainline technique. I have never done it before, and hope to learn a lot from it. I took 4 clones from the lower branches of it during the process. They look like prime specimen.
420-magazine-mobile768128075.jpg
420-magazine-mobile632367473.jpg

As always, advice is welcome!

Subbed man.. Wondering who's SSH your growing? Looking good. I have 20 mns ssh to crack myself, so interested to see how they grow out..

Hey bud looking good so far.

One tip: get that thermometer down by the tops of your plants somewhere instead of sitting on your lights. Those readings will be more useful to you.

If your ventilation is good (intake down low, exhaust up high) then the only temp that matters is at plant level.

Keep it up.

Peace, Hyena

Back
Top Bottom