48 hours of darkness

Not sure what you mean by "Harvest"... Harvest to me is merely cutting it down! I do a fair amount of trimming that day making sure I get it "All" cut and hung to dry. Drying, Trimming and Curing are all different stages to me. What does "Harvest" mean for you?....

Hey Ripples, Thank you for answering. What I meant by harvest is start chopping.... I start with the top part and work my way down.
In the meantime while I trimming a limb or stem of a plant the rest of the plant would stay in lights..Like lights usually turn off at 10 pm tonight...if I'm not finished chopping plant do I let the lights go off or leave them on cause I won't finish until tomorrow.I'm babbling,,lol...maybe I explained it better ..
:volcano-smiley:

You probably shouldn't do the 48 hours of darkness thing if you intend to harvest like that. It might make the buds you plan on cutting later grow strangely and possibly herm

Ah, well I tried the 48 hours off thing before harvest, but didn't notice any difference. Some people swear by it though.

I'd say put it back on a 12/12 schedule. The stress is going to be minimal on the plant, and it won't have enough time to hermie if that's what you're worried about. Assuming you'll be cutting the rest of it down in the next few days.

The alternative is to cut down the rest, pick off the fan leaves, and hang it as is. You can then trim the sugar leaves any time before it goes into jars. I just find it easier to trim while they're fresh, but some prefer the opposite.

I agree with jojo with regards to hermie... As you mentioned it is not easy to do it all in one day! I grow in 2 separate tents 4-5 ladies each... I usually do one tent and then the other the following day or two later... Like jojo says I find it much easier to trim while still fresh... Trimming after is a pain in addition to my strain (Chronic) is like glue! Can't keep my trimmers clean for more than 2 minutes! Good luck, keep us posted on how you make out...

Back
Top Bottom