4msterdam's - Indoor - Budget - OG Kush Grow - Bag Seed

4msterdam

I collected 3 BagSeeds of OG Kush and decided to try and grow them, rather than wasting them.
Here goes my first post of this Journal.

OG Kush BagSeed, Hybrid, (Dispencery where the bud+seed came from claimed 21% THC, 0% CBD, although I have no way to confirm this claim, I must say, it was some smooth OG)

One is definitely a female, one is a male, and one, i'm not sure, it does have buds, but i hope its not a herm.
Two of the females are in the box, and the male is out on my table as a pet plant (not sure if this is safe, but I cared for it and this is my first grow so its hard to part with it.)

Currently as I post, the plant is on DAY-21 of flowering. day 42 of life :circle-of-love:

MG_1313.JPG

Purpose of my grow : To gain experience, and research/experiment with the potential of personal cultivation of cannabis.

:Namaste:
Boom Shiva-
4msterdam

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Environment Demographics
GrowBox
Material : Recycled Cardboard (stealth* and budget reasons), lined with Aluminum foil, duct tape, stapler, clear glue to seal holes, and more duct tape to make it moisture proof, and more importantly LIGHT PROOF. Has cut holes for CFL on the top, on the back for the fan wires, and a vent inlet cutout with a light shield flap, on the bottom left corner.
Size : 14x 12 x 19 inches
Lighting(I used the same lighting for veg and flowering): CFL, 4x, each 1 watt, equivalent of 60 watt replacement, which means, total watts : 52, equivalent of 240 watts for 2 plants.
Fan's : 2x 80mm USB fan's, on high speed all the time.
Humidity : Used to manually spray q4h in Veg. NO spraying in flower mode (b/c concerned about mould)
Temperature : 72-74 deg constantly
Water : Tap water mostly, sometimes from my brita filter, if I feel thirsty at the same time. Lol!
MG_1277.JPG

Soil : Organic Potting soil purchased from a popular online retailer. 45-55% sphagnum peat moss, peat humus, perlitem earthworm castings, and dolomitic limestone to adjust the pH.
Pot Size: 1 gallon container (space constraints)
Nutrients : (None added sepp other than what came with the soil)

Seed Demographics​
Sprouted in a tissue, all 3 sprouted!
Vegg'd with CFL's, 4x, total of 52 watt CFL, equivalent of 240 watt replacement. x 3 weeks (21 days)
2700K both veg and flowering, 840x4 Lumens with base up position of the bulbs.
Topped all plants at 2 weeks once.

More posts to follow, I shall try my best to get the historic images of my grow.
The next post will include images of all my plants.
Please feel free to comment and help me improve my skills! I look up towards the community for guidance and support, this is my FIRST grow.

* Disclaimer : Where I reside, it is legal to grow a "certain quantity" of recreational marijuana, the following grow is in accordance with local marijuana regulations. :cheer:

Seems to be a pretty good budget setup looks like you've done some research.
Maybe a bigger box if you can find one.
The more air the better.

Sent from my SM-G900I using 420

Seems to be a pretty good budget setup looks like you've done some research.
Maybe a bigger box if you can find one.
The more air the better.

Sent from my SM-G900I using 420

I salvaged whatever boxes I had when the seeds sprouted. I've thought about a future project with a sturdier bigger cardboard box, with more water proofing. This is a pilot run to see if cardboard can withstand moisture, I've read various posts - discouraging cardboard, wanted to see for myself if it was really that big a deal, if some reinforcement is put in.

I have also used a small air circulator inside the box with an extension box, to breeze it up. The issue with that is the breeze makes the aluminum foil make a baseline rattling noise.

That's inspiring to those who need a budget grow!

Sent from my SM-N910V using 420

I want to give you all a tour of my GrowBox. I will, soon after i finish my final tweaks : A 5$ carbon scrubber.
I want a budget design to incorporate into the GrowBox.

Right now, I'm using my central A/C unit's filter, continously scrubbing with the fan on. Its heling to some extent, cant' smell it. I tested with the fan off (on only when the compressor is cooling the room, ie. ac is runnung) it smells a little bit! not sure if it will get worse as it goes deeper into flowering, right now its on day 26 of flowering

This Girl!! Shes Getting huge so fast!
You guys won't believe, this seed was 12 days younger than the others!! Plus transplanted it late, but i transplanted it into the biggest container, the one its in now, at the start itself!! And it grew humongous!
Not sure if its superior genetics, or just a lucky seed. It was faster than the others and flowered earlier, (even earlier than the male!)
IMG_162127.JPG

I'm curious as to what peeps say about that yellowing. A couple of mine are doing that

Do you have any pictures? Is it the exact same yellowing?

I have a theory.
Girl # 2 stretched alot, even during flowering, i actually used a paperclip (budget resources) to sorta adjust the angle, to decrease its height, cuz shes a tall one!

I think, that particular mini-cola was too close to the CFL. Like, less than half a CM but not touching the light.
I adjusted her now, now need to think of a budget way to increase the height of the light or migrate to a new, bigger budget growbox.

Any insights as to if the CFL was the issue?

Do you have any pictures? Is it the exact same yellowing?

I have a theory.
Girl # 2 stretched alot, even during flowering, i actually used a paperclip (budget resources) to sorta adjust the angle, to decrease its height, cuz shes a tall one!

I think, that particular mini-cola was too close to the CFL. Like, less than half a CM but not touching the light.
I adjusted her now, now need to think of a budget way to increase the height of the light or migrate to a new, bigger budget growbox.

Any insights as to if the CFL was the issue?
Yeah that might be a hot spot. Let me go take a pic of mine. I'm sure mine is nute related. I slammed them with a big dose 2 days ago.

Pruning my plants

I know you're not supposed to prune plants during flowering. but, what i'm doing is, removing 1-2 leaves per day, starting from base down. I want to size up my buds, this may be a budget grow, but I want it to be a budget grow done right!

So far, girl 1 is all cleaned up on the base.
Girl 2 needs a massive wax down there, shes got alot of bush coming down the middle. But shes a delicate tall one, so need to be careful. Shes got more colas than Girl 1, so I'm hoping a gentle prune will bump my yields a bit!

I have established my tentative aim : At-least 1 ounce! :p

Update! Right Now, we're at DAY-35 of flowering! Apart from what happened below, the nugs are huge! I'll get a scale pic when my box goes lights-on however.....

I had a little accident.

On DAY-29, I had to go to visit a friend, so i watered my plants and tested the timer and left. But..I didn't secure the CFL with tape in my growbox.
So when i came back, on DAY-31, i found one of the CFL's to have fallen into the box, and one of OG2's heads were burnt off!!

OG1 (the more aesthetic of the two) had some patches on the leaves. Pics to follow Now! Below! Its sad guys please let this not happen to any of your girls. :(

Back
Top Bottom