4sq ft grow tent 150w LED - Help

BR greendoc

Hello guys,

Im really new at growing cannabis, and since i started to have interest on this subject I read a good deal and decided to buy a grow tent. It has 2ft x 2ft x 4,6ft height. I bought a 150W LED to use in it, just like this one 150W LED Grow Light UFO Round Lamp Red Blue IR UV Full Spectrum For Hydro Plant | eBay

I read here that the minimum wattage for sq ft is 35, so 4x35= 140w...I think a 150w LED would do the job, or not?

My doubt is... I can fit a lot of plants in it, something like 4 to 6, maybe even more. HOW MANY PLANTS DO YOU THINK I SHOULD HAVE considering space x light? I have 4 different strains to try, Pineapple Chunk, Royal Queen n1, Painkiller and Dance world...

Thank you very much for your time :tokin:

JAH Bless :Rasta:

Hi Doc,

Welcome to the forum. Led lights have a "rated" wattage and a "true" wattage. The wattage that makes it to your plant will probably be about 1/2 of the rated wattage. For example, I have 4-300 watt Led and 1-1200 watt Led. The 300's only draw about 140 watts each while the 1200 is somewhere around 540 watts true draw.

I have a 4x4 tent and it would probably hold 8 plants, but I only do 4 at a time. My plants usually end up at about 18" wide by 18" tall. So 4 plants will use up about a 3'x3' space. My 1200 w will cover 4x4, so I know I'm getting good light in the 3x3.

Hope this helps, and hope bumping the post will get you more answers.

good luck

Hi Doc,

Welcome to the forum. Led lights have a "rated" wattage and a "true" wattage. The wattage that makes it to your plant will probably be about 1/2 of the rated wattage. For example, I have 4-300 watt Led and 1-1200 watt Led. The 300's only draw about 140 watts each while the 1200 is somewhere around 540 watts true draw.

I have a 4x4 tent and it would probably hold 8 plants, but I only do 4 at a time. My plants usually end up at about 18" wide by 18" tall. So 4 plants will use up about a 3'x3' space. My 1200 w will cover 4x4, so I know I'm getting good light in the 3x3.

Hope this helps, and hope bumping the post will get you more answers.

good luck

Hello bro, thanks for helping me out!

I think i need to buy another 150w led, since i read here that the ideal should be 35w/sq ft... Do you know if this is rate wattage or true wattage they use for this standard?

Hello bro, thanks for helping me out!

I think i need to buy another 150w led, since i read here that the ideal should be 35w/sq ft... Do you know if this is rate wattage or true wattage they use for this standard?
Hey man! I have read an article stating 86w per sq feet as a reference mark. Then it depends much on the par rating of the led, I have a 130w real wattage on a 80x80x160cm tent (think thats 2.5ft?).
And thats the advised maxfootprint by the manufacturer, the par rating drops quite alot outside of the 60cm box though for best results. So if 130/60=2.16w per square cm you will also want to add 35% light that the plant will not be able to use from the led will land at 2.9W . Now back to feet hehe 2.9*60=174W per sq feet would be a recommended reference for optimal results.

Haha not sure if that makes any sense but it looks like a good idea at least!

Here is some interesting reading:
What Are PAR Watts? - Sunmaster is proud to publish PAR Watt information

Namaste!

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sorry so that would be 174/2 to get per sq feet! Lol 87.48 which does match what the article states

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom