4th Week of Flowering - Yellow Tips - No Smell

delgech

My plants are 25 days into flower. Today I noticed yellow tips. Guessing that I over fed her. I'm watering her twice a week, I wait until the soil is completely dry. Using advanced nutrients 3 parts, big bud and b52. This week I'm giving them 3ml/L of G/M/B and 2 ml/L Big Bud and B52. I split this amount into 2 and fed them every watering. Should I spread these amounts to week or should I water them 1 with nutes and 1 with nothing? I'm a little bit confused. Some say feed plants every watering and some say feed plants every other watering. Which one is better?

This is my first grow, so I don't know what to expect. As you can see on the pictures her buds are getting bigger, but still there is no smell. It smells like grass but no smell of marijuana. Is it normal? When should I expect smell of sweet marijuana?

Sorry for orange and horizontal pics.

IMG_321213.JPG
IMG_32139.JPG
IMG_32147.JPG
IMG_32159.JPG

Hi delgech.
It does look like nute burn, but there is a very good thread in the forums about pest and disease determination.
I use organic fertilisers myself but i understand that most that use chemical ferts do something like feed-water-feed or feed-feed-water.
As far as the smell goes, i think it depends on a few things that again you can probably find in the forums. I think terpenes in the plant give smell, its also dependent on strain.
What strain is that? looks like they stretched quite a bit.

Thanks for the reply. I've been feeding it every watering for the last 2 weeks. I ll flush it tomorrow.

It is still streching, I had to move the light away from the plant today. Unfortunately I don't know the strain. I bought auto flower seeds online and they sent 10 free seeds. This is from one of those seeds. Actually it was a lot taller, but I broke the main steam 2 weeks ago which was halfway taller then the ones on the pictures. Still hurts that I was the one who did that :) 1st week of flowering, I super cropped main steam and taped it.After 10 days I removed the tape, there was a big knuckle where I snapped, everything looked fine. Few hours later i checked the plant and it was broken, knuckle couldn't carry the weight. Tried to save it, taped it again, folar sprayed, but it was completely broken and it died eventually.

That sounds gutting mate, i feel for you. Well on the brighter side at least you did it early on which will encourage the others to become fatter tops. As its an auto i would keep a very close eye on it because they are notoriously sensitive.
Like i said check this out Autoflower Myth Busting Thread the guy who started it called Atrain knows pretty much everything there is about autos. Post anything your worried about in there and I'm sure he will be able to give you much better advice.

Yes, flush then re feed a lower dose and alternate feed and fresh water.

My plants are 25 days into flower. Today I noticed yellow tips. Guessing that I over fed her. I'm watering her twice a week, I wait until the soil is completely dry. Using advanced nutrients 3 parts, big bud and b52. This week I'm giving them 3ml/L of G/M/B and 2 ml/L Big Bud and B52. I split this amount into 2 and fed them every watering. Should I spread these amounts to week or should I water them 1 with nutes and 1 with nothing? I'm a little bit confused. Some say feed plants every watering and some say feed plants every other watering. Which one is better?

This is my first grow, so I don't know what to expect. As you can see on the pictures her buds are getting bigger, but still there is no smell. It smells like grass but no smell of marijuana. Is it normal? When should I expect smell of sweet marijuana?

Yep, the burnt tips are definitely a sign of over fertilizing. Most people using nutes in soil will only give nutes every other time. If you give water each off time, that water will pick up any unused nutes left in the soil, and having had extra time to break down into their elemental components, the plain pH adjusted water reactivates the leftover nutes by making them mobile again, giving them a second chance to uptake into the plant. Most of our commercial nutes are formulated with this double whammy effect in mind and so that it doesn't overwhelm the plants. Even though you give plain water half the time, you still effectively are feeding your plant each time because of leftovers.

Use the recommended amounts of nutes, every other time and you should get the best results. Don't try to do half strength every time, the nutes will eventually build up in the soil to the point that you could get lockout problems.

Pot plants at 3 weeks into flower have just gotten started really, only a week out of stretch, and they don't start giving out a strong flowering perfume until about week 5 onward, when the buds are starting to put on weight and build trichomes. You will smell it soon, but it still is going to smell quite planty... and not much like sweet cured and ready to smoke marijuana... that comes in the next step, after harvesting, drying and curing.

Last option on my signature is the link for the help you need. Be sure to like thank and comment in order to continue keeping that thread alive and helping others that will need it.

I think the over fertilization / nutrient burn does and has caused the lack of odor.

Its very common to over fertilize especially during flower when one is hoping for extra growth
it happens to me on occasion.

I suggest using 1/4 strength ph adjusted nutrients to flush the containers generously with.
An example is , in a 5 gal pot I would run about 10 gallons of a 1/4 strength nutrient mix threw it , that would flush and feed
to put them back on track fast.

Also:
Use oxygenated / aerated water to PREVENT water logging that a flush would otherwise cause.

And
Always flush with light nutrients as it helps to "collect" the nutrients left in the soil threw its ionization etc etc

To gain more knowledge read up on Flavor enhancers that are available to bring out your strains hidden flavor.

Such as
floralicious , fruitfushion , bud candy , snow storm , bud factor x etc etc

Although you will be golden if you do not over fertilize , the additives are for trichomes and flavor

Back
Top Bottom