4x4, First DWC, Bubbleponics, Charlotte's Web Clones

Wow mosspb . love the setup. you have it nailed mate. no root rot , no , burn signs on leaves and kicking off nicely root wise. hailing your sucess on 1st dip in the water so to speak. nice work. Along for the ride mate. could get bushy in here real soon.

Wow mosspb . love the setup. you have it nailed mate. no root rot , no , burn signs on leaves and kicking off nicely root wise. hailing your sucess on 1st dip in the water so to speak. nice work. Along for the ride mate. could get bushy in here real soon.

Thanks man! I’m loving DWC for some reason it’s just clicked for me. If you have the right nutes it seems to be quite easy to get healthy plants.

I’ve noticed with my Charlottes Web plants they need a lot more Nitrogen than any other plant I’ve grown. The two in soil, if I don’t double up on my grow supplement it will go lime green within 1 day.

Is this common with CBD plants? I know the CW is bread with hemp so I’m wondering if that’s a common issue.

How do we know when it’s clipping day? The garage looks like this....

@GreenGoblin22

Attachments

• 952E33CA-14EE-4BC0-9CC3-E3203FFC41BB.jpeg
    952E33CA-14EE-4BC0-9CC3-E3203FFC41BB.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 72
ok, those are 2 TOTALLY different things. hopefully the guy at the store didn't give you the silicate as a substitute for hydroguard!

potassium silicate is a nutrient of sorts. It will help build stronger roots, but it's main function is to basically to strengthen cell walls....it puts 'concrete' in your stems, branches, and leaves making them a lot stronger, and also more resistant to pests (eg, leaf eating pests don't like 'hard to chew' leaves due to the silicate). I use silicate all through veg and the first 3 weeks of flower until all vertical growth stops. certain brands contain more silicate than others. I've used botanicare silica blast which was good, but have been using dyna-gro protekt which has a higher silica concentration....more bang for the buck. **silica is very alkaline, it will make your ph spike, so ph test after adding all nutes. always add first to your plain res water before adding any other nutes. If you must add it to a res already containing a nute solution, dilute the silica in water first before adding to the res. it will add to your ppm, but I use 2ml per gal of the protekt and it only adds 50-80ppm.

hydroguard is a beneficial bacteria. it is dwc success in a bottle. It contains a dominant bacteria culture that colonize your roots zone and basically kills off anything else that competes for food. They will help break down food for your roots and help nutrient uptake. I've run my rdwc system res as high as 77F (optimal should be 68F-70F) with no root rot issues...although the roots deffo like the res a bit colder. anything else in the bottle is inert liquid....nothing in this bottle will add to you ppm. If you are located in north America you can order off of Amazon. if in the UK, try Botanicare Hydroguard - One Stop Grow Shop Hydroponics

if you are going to do DWC, ppm and ph are very important. here are some useful reading and guides

beneficial bacteria
Some interesting reading on bennies in an rdwc system

ppm website - tells you which nutrient brands use what ppm scale
CF, EC, PPM 500, PPM 700, TDS… What’s the difference? | The Good Earth Organics Supply

All I do is hydroponics, mainly DWC, so if you have any questions just shout.
IslandGrower420:smokin:
Have you ever heard of someone using sodium silicate?

I’m almost certain this is Nute stain as I did a res change 3 days ago, and when I misted the roots the colour washed away slightly.

I added another 1/2 dose of sensizyme to be sure.

Thoughts?

My Rez temps are at 21’ and my plants are drinking and eating as both water level and ppm are dropping.

Attachments

• 7D42A2E9-1E7A-4A77-8185-58FF3F32689E.jpeg
    7D42A2E9-1E7A-4A77-8185-58FF3F32689E.jpeg
    522.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 792A1160-B06F-4FA2-9C25-151293CF792A.jpeg
    792A1160-B06F-4FA2-9C25-151293CF792A.jpeg
    603.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 8C7E6BFC-E6F4-4D44-B456-6D836B0E4A1A.jpeg
    8C7E6BFC-E6F4-4D44-B456-6D836B0E4A1A.jpeg
    588.6 KB · Views: 56
Not much to report...

These Sativas are playing hard to get. The veg is going strong but no sign of sex yet.

The two plants in the back at my Charlottes Web that I just can’t seem to give away... I hate to kill them and I hate to waste nutes... I suppose I’ll hang onto them until I know the sex of these bad boys (hopefully girls)

Lastly you can see my reveg attempt. That plant is actually NL1 from @GreenGoblin22 grow.

Attachments

• AC9D7587-CF9D-4B83-84FA-19D249A22A9B.jpeg
    AC9D7587-CF9D-4B83-84FA-19D249A22A9B.jpeg
    712.7 KB · Views: 54
Just another ressy change without the Sativas showing me their sex. You can see the formation of pistil/sac but too soon to be definitive.

Here’s a pic of the garden.... knock on wood everything is healthy.

Everyone have a good luck toke for me! I want them to be girls. However I’m deciding if I get one of each; do I let them make babies for me?

Seeds more seeds!!

Moss

Back
Top Bottom