4x4, First DWC, Bubbleponics, Charlotte's Web Clones

Pretty much right away. I grew from seeds fully in rockwool with no prep or anything with the top feed dwc and they popped the seed and grew fully within, so established clones should be easy. I'd get them in pretty quick so the roots can start to get established down into the water.

Pretty much right away. I grew from seeds fully in rockwool with no prep or anything with the top feed dwc and they popped the seed and grew fully within, so established clones should be easy. I'd get them in pretty quick so the roots can start to get established down into the water.

Perfect,

My two Sativa's are breaking ground as we speak. I will get them in tonight!

@sativuhhh Thanks again for all the help.

It's ALIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEE!

I'm using Green Planet Nutrients:

Micro: .75ml/L
Grow: .75ml/L
Bloom: .75ml/L
Aussie Tonic: 1ml/L
Potassium Silicate: .25ml/L
Ph: 6.1

My DWC Totes are finally up and running, but the real big news it that I've start some Xtreme Haze by Crop Kings. This is a Sativa strain that I have wanted to plant for a long time. My previous set up did have the head room to grow a Sativa, but that's all in the past now!!

Here are pics of my set up, and the beans I have on the go!

General Hydroponics 4 port Air Pump:
420 Forums
image1 (1).jpeg

4" x 2" Cylinder Air Stones:
image1 (5).jpeg

Ink Bird Temp Switch, which is connected to a small heater:
image1.jpeg

Totes with release valve:
image2 (3).jpeg

MH Bulb for Veg:
image2 (2).jpeg

6" Inline Fan:
image2.jpeg

Net Pots (which I think are 6"):
image3 (1).jpeg

Looks great! Second tip that I really wish I knew first, If you don't have one, get a decent PH meter and extra holding solution to store the tip of the pen in and extra calibration fluid and calibrate it frequently. My cheap yellow one from amazon was way skewed off after time and was terrible to adjust and definitely caused the plants extra stress.

Looks great! Second tip that I really wish I knew first, If you don't have one, get a decent PH meter and extra holding solution to store the tip of the pen in and extra calibration fluid and calibrate it frequently. My cheap yellow one from amazon was way skewed off after time and was terrible to adjust and definitely caused the plants extra stress.

Ya i think I had the same pen and even with the calibrating solution is was innacurrate. Now I just use the strips, I trust them way more than the cheap ass pens. I have a decent looking on I got used, I just need to test it against my strips.

Tagging in. Looks like you’ve done you’re homework for dwc.

Feel free to look into mine for insight. It’s my first ever grow and dwc. Going well so far.

I pulled my top feed out early on. Didn’t see a purpose for it. Kept things too wet roots were starving for oxygen. That being said it could have been the way I set it up.

I’ve got a $100 ph pen, but don’t use the storing solution in between uses. I mean I use the thing daily for ph checks. I use the calibration solution periodically to check the accuracy.

Not sure if I should be using that storing solution between daily uses. Feels a bit excessive. Lol

You need to leave the storage solution in the cap of the pen so it is constantly dipped in it when not in use. It keeps the sensor thing safe. If it dries out that's bad for them.

Tagging in. Looks like you’ve done you’re homework for dwc.

Feel free to look into mine for insight. It’s my first ever grow and dwc. Going well so far.

I pulled my top feed out early on. Didn’t see a purpose for it. Kept things too wet roots were starving for oxygen. That being said it could have been the way I set it up.

Thanks Steve! I’m very interested to see if the top feed has any benefit.

Thanks Steve! I’m very interested to see if the top feed has any benefit.

For my own purpose, it just kept things too wet the way I had it configured. I personally don’t see much benefit unless you want to run low water levels for the start. For me, the water bubbles popping splashed enough upwards to keep everything hydrated. Plus it makes the roots want to search downwards for more water. Or at least that’s my understanding. If roots have constant water, they won’t want to search for more. Or so I’ve been told lol

For my own purpose, it just kept things too wet the way I had it configured. I personally don’t see much benefit unless you want to run low water levels for the start. For me, the water bubbles popping splashed enough upwards to keep everything hydrated. Plus it makes the roots want to search downwards for more water. Or at least that’s my understanding. If roots have constant water, they won’t want to search for more. Or so I’ve been told lol

I do notice that the bottom of the lid has a ton of splash when you're only 1" above the water. Being the stubborn a$$ I am I need to learn this lesson the hard way. I'm mostly sticking with it because the pump, drip manifold and fittings were such a pain to compile that I feel like I need to use them. o_O

Moss

Just be careful to turn the top feed off after a couple weeks and there is solid root establishment to the water. I turned mine back on and it got things too wet and almost caused a mold issue. Top feed is great but it seems that it's not needed after a while. I just turned the manifold to shoot some water down on the unhooked up ports back into the water so there is extra good mixing of all the water beyond what the airstones do.

Just be careful to turn the top feed off after a couple weeks and there is solid root establishment to the water. I turned mine back on and it got things too wet and almost caused a mold issue. Top feed is great but it seems that it's not needed after a while. I just turned the manifold to shoot some water down on the unhooked up ports back into the water so there is extra good mixing of all the water beyond what the airstones do.

I figured I would likely turn it off when my roots were beyond the basket. Sound about right?

Yep. Once you have good even root growth out and it's getting to the water it should be good.

Hello 420!

These are my two Xtreme Haze by Crop King. The Charlotte's Web clones, which are the primary purpose of this grow will be arriving tomorrow or Tuesday AM. I have to leave town overnight on Sunday, so perhaps I'm better to wait to ensure they are well cared for...

I prefer to give my plants names, so I have decided to name them after the Strain Hunters! For me those names, and their journeys are quite inspirational. Those documentaries have recently drawn me into an interest in genetics, and helped me discover what "I want to do when I grow up". :p

Introducing Franco (RIP)
image1.jpeg

and....

Arjan!
image2.jpeg

great setup mosspb!

you won't need the top drip for too long.....I don't even use one anymore as I get my seedlings/clones rooted in a cloner. turning it off when the roots are beyond the bottom of the net pot will be perfect!

sativuhhh mentioned Hydroguard...I can't say how important hydroguard is for your roots. I've never had root rot before in all my DWC experience because I've always used HG. An enzyme product (hygrozyme, cannazyme, sensizyme, etc) helps as well.

Judging from you setup, this is going to be a good grow! I'm subbed!!

great setup mosspb!

you won't need the top drip for too long.....I don't even use one anymore as I get my seedlings/clones rooted in a cloner. turning it off when the roots are beyond the bottom of the net pot will be perfect!

sativuhhh mentioned Hydroguard...I can't say how important hydroguard is for your roots. I've never had root rot before in all my DWC experience because I've always used HG. An enzyme product (hygrozyme, cannazyme, sensizyme, etc) helps as well.

Judging from you setup, this is going to be a good grow! I'm subbed!!

Thanks for the kind words and optimism.

I went to the hydro shop and when I asked about Hydroguard I got given Potassium Silicate. Should I run both?

Im also a bit worried about my ppm as I don’t use RO water, do the Hydro Guard and Potassium Silicate jack my ppm?

Back
Top Bottom